Zebrzydowice (German: Seibersdorf) [zɛbʐɨdɔˈvit͡sɛ] ( ) is a village and the seat of Gmina Zebrzydowice, Cieszyn County in Silesian Voivodeship, southern Poland, near the border with the Czech Republic. It lies in the historical region of Cieszyn Silesia, on the Piotrówka River. It has a population of about 4,700. There is a rail border crossing in the village.
|This section requires expansion. (March 2013)|
The village was first mentioned in a Latin document of Diocese of Wrocław called Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis from around 1305 as Siffridi villa. It belonged then to the Duchy of Teschen, formed in 1290, since 1327 a fee of Kingdom of Bohemia.
Until 1918, SEIBERSDORF (earlier Nieder-Seibersdorf) was part of the Austrian monarchy (Austria side after the compromise of 1867), in the Freistadt district, one of the 8 Bezirkshauptmannschaften in Austrian Silesia.
A post-office was opened in 1869.
There is a Catholic Assumption of Mary Church in the village.
- ^ Panic, Idzi (2010). Śląsk Cieszyński w średniowieczu (do 1528) [Cieszyn Silesia in Middle Ages (until 1528)] (in Polish). Cieszyn: Starostwo Powiatowe w Cieszynie. p. 297. ISBN 978-83-926929-3-5.
- ^ Die postalischen Abstempelungen auf den österreichischen Postwertzeichen-Ausgaben 1867, 1883 und 1890, Wilhelm KLEIN, 1967
Coordinates: 49°52′31.43″N 18°37′3.90″E / 49.8753972°N 18.6177500°E