|Region of origin||Brittany|
|Related names||Yanic, Yann, Yannik, Jean, Annick, John, Joan, Sean, Juan,|
|Look up Yannick in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yannick is a first name which originated in Brittany, France where the combination of its two Breton language parts, Yann and Ick results in the meaning of Little John or Petit Jean in French. It is used as a first name mostly for men and is of use, notably, in French speaking countries like France, (a part of) Belgium, Switzerland (Romandy), Canada (Quebec) and former French African colonies.
Notable people with the name 'Yannick'
- Yannick (rapper) (1978-)
- Yannick Agnel (1992-), a French swimmer and Olympic champion
- Yannick Bisson (1969–), a French-Canadian actor
- Yannick Dalmas (1961–), a French racing driver
- Yannick Dias Pupo (1988–), Brazilian football (soccer) player
- Yannick Djaló (1986–), a Portuguese football (soccer) player
- Yannick Jauzion (1978–), a French rugby player
- Yannick Nézet-Séguin (1975–), a French-Canadian conductor
- Yannick Noah (1960–), a French tennis player, singer
- Yannick Stopyra (1961–), a French football (soccer) player
- Yannick Tremblay (ice hockey b. 1975), a French-Canadian ice hockey player who has played in the NHL
- Yannick Tremblay (ice hockey b. 1977), a French-Canadian ice hockey player who has not played in the NHL
- Yannick Weber (1988–), a Swiss ice hockey player
- Yannick Bolasie (1989-), a French-Congolese football (soccer) player
- Yannick Sagbo (1988-), a French-Ivorian football (soccer) player
- Yannick (2001), a volleyball player and a guitarist
Notable people with the name 'Yanic'