|Look up Yank or yank in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yank is a shortened form of Yankee, a slang term (sometimes pejorative) for someone of American origin or heritage.
Yank or Yanks may also refer to:
- Boston Yanks, a National Football League team from 1944 to 1948
- New York Yanks, a National Football League team in 1950 and 1951, originally the Boston Yanks
- New York Yankees, a Major League Baseball team nicknamed the "Yanks"
- "The Yanks", a nickname for:
Arts and entertainment
- Yank, the Army Weekly, a newspaper for American soldiers during World War II
- USS Yank (SP-908), a US Navy patrol vessel from 1917 to 1919
- Yank (automobile), an unsuccessful American sports car produced in 1950
- Yank, nickname for the Queensland AC16 class locomotive
- The Yank, nickname of the prototype for the Waveney-class lifeboat
- Yanks Air Museum, Chino, California
- Yank, a unit in physics (force per unit time)
- Yank, the name for the copy command in vi and the paste command in Emacs, two commonly used UNIX/Linux text editors