Yoann Lemoine performing at Hyeres Fashion Festival with The Shoes, May 2011
|Born||March 1983 (age 29)|
|Occupation||Director, singer, songwriter|
Yoann Lemoine (born 16 May 1983) is a French music video director, graphic designer, and musician. His most notable works include his music video direction for Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream", Taylor Swift's single "Back to December", Lana Del Rey's 'Born to Die" and Mystery Jets' "Dreaming of Another World".
Lemoine is also an alternative indie musician, going by the stage name Woodkid. On March 28, 2011, Woodkid released his first EP Iron EP.
Life and career
Yoann Lemoine, born in Reims with Polish family background, studied illustration and animation at the Emile Cohl School, where he completed his diploma with honours. He left for London to follow a silk screen printing process course at the Swindon College. In 2004 Yoann moved to Paris. After a brief experience at H5, he joined Luc Besson's crew and worked on the project Arthur and the Invisibles for a year. In 2006 Yoann directed a series of roughs for Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette.
In June 2010, he received 5 Lions for his AIDS Awareness campaign Graffiti at the Cannes Lions Advertising festival.
Lemoine's films are produced by Iconoclast.
In 2012, Lemoine received the award for Best Director of the Year at the MVPA Awards in Los Angeles  and was nominated for 6 MTV Video Music awards for his videos for Lana Del Rey, Drake, and Rihanna 
In february 2013 he reveals his homosexuality in two interviews for French magazines .
One explaination as to why Yoann started being a musician, is that during a video shoot he was directing, guitarist Richie Havens gave Yoann a banjo.
Woodkid released the Iron EP on March 28, 2011. For the music video for the single "Iron", he collaborated with English model Agyness Deyn. The song was featured in trailers for Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed: Revelations and the film Hitchcock, as well as the movie Django Unchained, and the TV series Teen Wolf.
On October 15, 2011 he sang on stage with Lana Del Rey in New York City and created the video for her song "Born To Die".
He performed at London Jazz Festival on 15th November 2012.
The French couture brand Dior Homme's Fall-Winter 2013 collection "A Soldier On My Own" is inspired by Woodkid's "Iron", and is named after the lyrics of the song. The song is used as soundtrack of the show.
The Golden Age
On December 15, 2012, Lemoine announced the beginning of his debut album recordings on his Facebook account. The album was named The Golden Age. Lemoine has confirmed several track titles for the album on his Twitter page, including; "Run Boy Run" (also the first single for the album), "Whispers", "Brooklyn", "The Golden Age", "Stabat Mater", "The Shore" & "Ghost Lights". It will be released on March 18, 2013 through independent label, Green United Music. Lemoine released the official album cover through a video he created himself on December 14, 2012 and released the album's corresponding tracklisting one week later on December 21 on his official Facebook page.
"Iron" was used within Assassin's Creed: Revelations Trailer. "Run Boy Run" was used in several O2 adverts (those voiced by Sean Bean).
The music video for Woodkid track "Run Boy Run" was nominated for Best Music Video at the 2013 Grammy Awards. It was directed by Lemoine himself. 
- as Woodkid
|2013||The Golden Age||TBA|
- as Woodkid
|2012||Run Boy Run - Remixes (EP)||31|
- as Woodkid
|2011||"Iron"||53||94||The Golden Age|
|2012||"Run Boy Run"||52||44|
|2013||"I Love You"||29|
|2012||Woodkid||"Run Boy Run"|
|2013||Woodkid||"I Love You"|
Filmography / Music Videos
- ^ "Young French Director". wired.co.uk. June 8, 2011. http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2009-09/17/mistake-moby%E2%80%99s-multi-video-song. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- ^ a b "Official Website About". June 8, 2011. http://www.yoannlemoine.com/?page_id=18. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- ^ "Official Youtube Page, About Me". http://www.youtube.com/user/WOODKIDMUSIC. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3yHxVo780E
- ^ http://web.mac.com/theblackfrog/Dynamografika/YOANNmain.html
- ^ WOODKID live in Paris [video] | Grateful Grapefruit ©
- ^ "Official Website Awards". June 8, 2011. http://www.yoannlemoine.com/?page_id=13. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- ^ "ICONOCLAST Website". http://iconoclast.tv/#content/yoann-lemoine.
- ^ "MVPA Award winners on VideoStatic". http://www.videostatic.com/vs/2012/06/2012-mvpa-award-winners.html.
- ^ "MTV VMAs 2012 Nominees". http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1690825/2012-video-music-awards-nominees.jhtml.
- ^ Woodkid interviews in the february 2013 editions of Tsugi and Clash magazine
- ^ a b "Woodkid". http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/music/gigs-contemporary/tickets/woodkid-69374. Retrieved January 24 2013.
- ^ a b "Work with Agyness Deyn". Vogue. June 8, 2011. http://www.vogue.it/en/talents/vogue-video-lab/2011/04/iron. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- ^ WoodKid and Lana Del Rey performing "Iron" in NYC (Highline Ballroom) on October 15th 2011. YouTube (2011-10-15). Retrieved on 2012-01-22.
- ^ "Lana Del Rey signs with Interscope". October 28, 2011. http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/10/lana-del-rey-signs-with-interscope/. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- ^ Lana Del Rey – Born To Die. YouTube (2011-12-14). Retrieved on 2012-01-22.
- ^ "Woodkid For Dior". http://www.strictlysocial.com/2012/woodkid-score-dior-homme-winter-fashion-show.
- ^ The Golden Age :.... Facebook. Retrieved on 2012-01-22.
- ^ http://twitter.com/#!/Woodkid/statuses/178647759254069248
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEyN2CgGDA0
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151211751644849&set=a.254160644848.142754.57436954848&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F154730_10151211751644849_1950697166_n.png&size=254%2C308
- ^ "Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Official E3 Trailer". www.youtube.com. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K39UWxdm0. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- ^ "Woodkid - Run Boy Run (Official HD Video)".
- ^ "O2 Priority Sports - powered by Nike+".
- ^ "Woodkid Run Boy Run". http://theinspirationroom.com. http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2012/woodkid-run-boy-run/. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- ^ a b c LesCharts.com: Woodkid page
- ^ "Woodkid". chartarchive.org. http://chartarchive.org/a/woodkid. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- ^ Woodkid | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's. Myspace.com. Retrieved on 2012-01-22.
- ^ "Interview with Yelle". Aural States. June 8, 2011. http://auralstates.com/2008/10/interview-yelle.html. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- ^ "Katy Perry Talks 'Gorgeous' Video For 'Teenage Dream'". MTv. June 8, 2011. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1643826/katy-perry-talks-gorgeous-video-teenage-dream.jhtml. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- ^ "Taylor Swift Breaks A Heart In Her 'Back To December' Video". MTv. June 8, 2011. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1655845/taylor-swift-breaks-heart-her-back-december-video.jhtml. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- ^ THE SHOES | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's. Myspace.com (2011-12-08). Retrieved on 2012-01-22.
- ^ The Shoes – Wastin Time On Vimeo. Vimeo.com. Retrieved on 2012-01-22.
- ^ http://twitter.com/#!/LanaDelRey/status/119817533007216641
- ^ Video Static: Music Video News: IN PRODUCTION: Drake f/ Rihanna - Yoann Lemoine, dir
- ^ 2012 UK MVA Nominations. ukmva.com. Retrieved October 8, 2012
- ^ a b "Awards won by Aides Graffiti". Aides. June 8, 2011. http://www.aides.org/zizi-graffiti-monte-4-fois-les-marches. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- ^ 
- ^ "Cannes Lions Advertising Festival Award List". DDB Paris. June 8, 2011. http://www.adforum.com/agency/1756/awards. Retrieved June 8, 2011.