From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Windflower may refer to:
- Anemone nemorosa, a species of flowering plant
- Anemone, a genus of flowering plants
- The flower Adonis turns into after having been torn to pieces by a boar in Ovid's 'Venus and Adonis' and in the various translations of that story by Shakespeare, Ted Hughes, etc.
- Pulsatilla patens, also called Anemone patens, a poisonous plant
- Sir Edward Elgar's private name for Alice Stuart-Wortley, his close friend and correspondent.
- Windflowers, a song written by Seals and Crofts.
- Windflowers, a painting of John William Waterhouse.
- Windflower, a novel by Gabrielle Roy.
- Windflower, a novel written by Nick Bantock.