- This is about the city in the Netherlands. For other uses, see Weert (disambiguation).
Weert ( pronunciation (help·info)) (Limburgish: Wieërt) is a municipality and city in the southeastern Netherlands. As of 2010, Weert had a population of 48,405. It lies on the Eindhoven–Maastricht railway line, and is also astride the Zuid-Willemsvaart canal.
The city of Weert
Weert received city rights in 1414.
Railway station: Weert
Natives of Weert
- Frans Weekers (born 1967), Dutch Politician
- Emerencio Beelen (born 14), Friar
- Jan Dibbets (born 1941), conceptual artist
- Ton van Loon (born 1956), military commander
- Lucas Hüsgen (born 1960), writer
- Gonnelien Rothenberger (born 1968), equestrian
- Sjeng Schalken (born 1976), tennis player
- Elbekay Bouchiba (born 1978), footballer
- Frank van Kouwen (born 1980), footballer
- Bjorn Hoeben (born 1980), cyclist
- Olivier Tielemans (born 1984), race car driver
- Pieter Custers (born 1984), archer
- Steef Nieuwendaal (born 1986), footballer
Weert is twinned with the following cities: