Comprising settlements dating back to 1827, Webber's Prairie was formally established by retired physician John Ferdinand Webber in 1839. Also known as Hell's Half Acre for its rough reputation, Webber's Prairie was renamed Webberville in 1853, and was incorporated as a Village in February 2003.
In December 2011 the new Webberville Solar Farm began generating solar energy with Gemini Solar Development Company for Austin Energy. In 2009 the two companies signed a 25 year contract. The solar farm is expected to generate 30 megawatts annually which will provide electricity for about 5000 households.