The Warren, Johnsville and Saline River Railroad was incorporated in August 1905 to serve logging operations in Bradley County. It opened a line from Warren south to Fullerton that year, and completed extensions from Fullerton to the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad near Hermitage in 1909 and to Goepel (Mt. Olive) in 1910. A new Warren and Saline River Railroad was incorporated in March 1920 and took over the property. The branch to Gospel was abandoned at some point, and in 1985 the mainline to Hermitage was cut back to Cloquet. The WSR also operates about five miles of the former Warren and Ouachita Valley Railroad, a connecting shortline which operated to the west from Warren.