From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Wakan may refer to:
- "Wakan" meaning "powerful" or "sacred" in the language of the Lakota Sioux
- "Wakan," the original Lakota name for the Rum River of Minnesota
- Wakan Tanka (variant name), the "Great Spirit," "sacred" or the "divine" as understood by the Lakota people
- A Japanese word (和館, lit. "Japan hall/building") used to describe historical Japanese settlements and missions in foreign countries. See waegwan, the Korean reading of the word.
- Wakan rōeishū 和漢朗詠集: A Collection of Chinese and Japanese Poems
- Wakan: 和漢, the flashcard and vocabulary training software.