From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Topknot may refer to:
- A hairstyle or haircut, historically prevalent in Asia:
- Chonmage, a traditional Japanese haircut worn by men
- Sangtu, a knot of hair that married men of the Joseon Dynasty wore in Korea.
- Sikha, worn by orthodox Hindus.
- Tikitiki, a top-knot worn by high ranking Maori men.
- Several species of fishes:
- The New Zealand topknot, Notoclinus fenestratus.
- The Norwegian topknot, Phrynorhombus norvegicus.
- The Brown topknot, Notoclinus compressus.
- Several species in the genus Zeugopterus.