The Pfister Hotel

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article

The Pfister Hotel
The Pfister Hotel Tower cropped.jpg
General information
StatusComplete
TypeHotel
LocationMilwaukee, United States
Completed1965
Height250 ft (76 m)
Technical details
Floor count21
 
Jump to: navigation, search
The Pfister Hotel
The Pfister Hotel Tower cropped.jpg
General information
StatusComplete
TypeHotel
LocationMilwaukee, United States
Completed1965
Height250 ft (76 m)
Technical details
Floor count21

The Pfister Hotel is a hotel in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States. It was owned by Guido Pfister and his son Charles F. Pfister and opened in 1893 at the cost of over 1 million dollars. Designed by architect Henry C. Koch, it had features uncommon in its time like fireproofing, electricity, and thermostat controls.

The hotel was purchased by hospitality magnate Ben Marcus in 1962, who renovated the hotel and added a 23-story addition behind the building without compromising the original building itself, and continues to be owned by the Marcus Corporation currently. The Pfister hotel has the largest Hotel collection of Victorian art in the world. The Pfister Hotel has won the AAA Four Diamond award twice.[1] There are also rumors that the Pfister hotel may be haunted, as many ballplayers have had odd experiences while staying in town.[2]

References[edit source | edit]