From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Tartar may refer to:
- An alternative spelling of the name Tatars, an ethnic group in present-day Russia.
- Tartars, the name of the athletic teams from 1927–1999 at Wayne State University in Detroit.
- Tartar sauce
- Tartar on teeth, hardened dental plaque
- Salts of tartaric acid
- Tartar Rayon, a rayon in Azerbaijan
- Tərtər, capital of Tartar Rayon, Azerbaijan
- Tartar, Switzerland, a village in the Grisons
- Steak tartare, a meat dish made from ground raw beef
- Tartars, a name applied to the enemy invaders in The Tartar Steppe by Dino Buzzati
- Tartar, a GWR Iron Duke Class steam locomotive
- Tartar was one of the GWR 3031 Class locomotives that were built for and run on the Great Western Railway between 1891 and 1915; renamed Walter Robinson in 1901.
- RIM-24 Tartar missile
- Tartar Guided Missile Fire Control System
- HMS Tartar, the name of several Royal Navy Vessels