Tani Tabbal is a jazz drummer.
By the age of 14 Tabbal was playing professionally, performing with Oscar Brown Jr. In his teens he also performed with Phil Cohran and the Sun Ra Arkestra.
Tabbal has recorded, performed and toured with a wide range of musicians, including Roscoe Mitchell, Anthony Braxton, Oliver Lake, Muhal Richard Abrams, Henry Threadgill, Richard Davis, David Murray, James Carter, Geri Allen, Karl Berger, Evan Parker, Leroy Jenkins, Milt Jackson, Jackie McLean, Dewey Redman and Cassandra Wilson.
He was also an integral part of the rhythm section of Detroit group Griot Galaxy, along with bassist Jaribu Shahid. In addition, he was in the percussion ensemble "Pieces of Time" along with Andrew Cyrille, Famoudou Don Moye, and Obo Addy.
In 2001 he was successfully treated for a brain tumour.
In 2007, Tani released a solo percussion CD, entitled Before Time After.
- Rod Williams
- Destiny Express - (Muse Records)
- Hanging In The Balance - (Muse Records)
- Barefield Holland Tabbal Trio
- Live at Nickelsdorf - (Sound Aspects)
- Transdimensional Space Window (Geodesic)
- Sun Ra Arkestra
- Dual Change - (Saturn Records)
- Somewhere Else - (Rounder)
- Griot Galaxy
- Live at the D.I.A. (Entropy)
- Opus Krampus - (Sound Aspect)
- Kins - (Black and White)
- Joe Giardullo
- Now Is - (Drimala Records)
- Shadow and Light - (Drimila Records)
- John Menegon
- Search Light featuring Dewey Redman - (Jazz in the Mountains)
- Soul Advice (Jazz in the Mountains)
- Hugh Ragin
- Feel The Sunshine - (Justin Time Records)
- Ray Spiegel
- Raga Jazz Ray Spiegel Ensemble - (Simla House)
- JazzHopRevolution John Lindberg, Rahman Jamaal, Tani Tabbal
- Tha Sound of Truth - (Planet Arts)
- ^ Tysh, George (2002-01-09). "Miracle man". Detroit Metro Times. Retrieved 2009-01-04.