"Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" is a popular song sung by Lesley Gore. It was originally released on Gore's 1963 album Lesley Gore Sings of Mixed-Up Hearts. The song, composed by Marvin Hamlisch, was released as a single in conjunction with being sung by Lesley Gore in the 1965 film, Ski Party. It was arranged by Claus Ogerman and produced by Quincy Jones. The tune peaked at #13 on the Billboard Hot 100.
In advertisements and television
- The song appeared in The Simpsons episode, "Marge on the Lam" (4 November 1993).
- It was used in campaign ads for Target department stores in Australia.
- It was used in the background for an episode of American Idol.
- The song played over the closing credits of Mad Men episode 2.3, "The Benefactor" (2008)
- The song was used in "Super Happy Fun Time Mode" trailer of Serious Sam HD game remakes.
- The song will appear on Disney's Re-MICKS, in the middle of 2012 or 2013.
- The song appears commonly in British independent webseries Eddsworld as character Tord's least favorite song.
- ^ Unterberger, R. "Sings of Mixed-Up Hearts". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- ^ a b http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p4387
- ^ "Ski Party soundtrack". IMDb. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- ^ Mason, S. "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- ^ "Quincy's Top 50 Hits". Billboard Magazine. November 26, 2005. p. 52. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- ^ Andrew Johnston (August 10, 2008 at 9:04 pm in Television). "Mad Men Mondays: Season 2, Episode 3, "The Benefactor"". Slant.
- ^ "Mad Men Season 2, Episode 3, The Benefactor (Lollipops and Roses by Jack Jones)". TuneFind.com. August 10, 2008.
- ^ Video on YouTube