Sherry Jackson (born February 15, 1942, Wendell, Idaho) is an American actress and former child star. She made her film debut at seven years old in the musical You're My Everything, starring Anne Baxter and Dan Dailey. During the course of appearing in several of the Ma and Pa Kettle movies during the 1950s as Susie Kettle, one of the titular couple's numerous children, Jackson also appeared in The Breaking Point with John Garfield, the actor's penultimate role before his sudden death two years later. In 1952, Jackson portrayed the emotionally volatile visionary and ascetic Jacinta Marto in The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima, and the following year played John Wayne's daughter in the football-themed Trouble Along the Way.
Jackson may be best remembered today for her role as older daughter Terry Williams on The Danny Thomas Show (AKA Make Room for Daddy) from 1953–58. During the course of her five years on the show, she established a strong bond with her on-screen mother, Jean Hagen, but Hagen left the series after the third season in 1956. Worn out from the relentless pace of producing the show, Jackson left the program once her five-year contract ended two years later.
Over the next few years, Jackson broadened her range of acting roles, appearing as a hit woman on 77 Sunset Strip, an alcoholic on Mr. Novak, and an unstable mother-to-be on Wagon Train. She then made guest appearances on Lost in Space, Batman and the original Star Trek series. On the latter program, she made one of her more memorable portrayals as the android "Andrea" in the episode "What are Little Girls Made Of?".
When Blake Edwards remade the Peter Gunn television series as a feature film entitled Gunn in 1967, Jackson was filmed in a nude scene that appeared only in the international version, not the U.S. release. Stills of the nude scene appeared in the August 1967 issue of Playboy magazine, in a pictorial entitled "Make Room For Sherry". The movie has not yet been released on VHS or DVD.
That same year, Jackson began a five-year relationship with business executive and horse breeder Fletcher R. Jones, a union that ended on November 7, 1972, when Jones was killed in a California plane crash. Five months after Jones' death, Jackson filed suit against his estate, asking more than $1 million, with her attorneys stating that Jones had promised to provide her with at least $25,000 a year for the rest of her life. The litigation proved to be unsuccessful.
Jackson received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on February 8, 1960. It is located at 6324 Hollywood Blvd.
- Lorna Doone (1951), as Young Annie Ridd
- The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima (1952), as Jacinta Marto
- Trouble Along the Way (1953), as Carole Williams
- The Danny Thomas Show (TV series, 1953–1958), as Terry Williams
- The Rifleman (TV series), as Rebecca Snipe in the episode "The Sister"
- Come Next Spring (1956), as Annie
- Maverick (TV series, 1957) as Annie Haines in the episode "Naked Gallows"
- 77 Sunset Strip (1959), as Carrie in the episode "The Kookie Caper"
- 77 Sunset Strip (1959), as Chris Benson in the episode "The Texas Doll"
- The Swamp Fox (TV series, 1959), as Melanie Culpin
- The Millionaire (1960), as Susan Johnson in the episode "Millionaire Susan Johnson"
- The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (1960), as Mignonne McCurdy in the episode "The Prettiest Collateral in Town"
- 77 Sunset Strip (1960), as Ella Jennings in the episode "Sierra"
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1960), as Mary Jane Wilkes
- 77 Sunset Strip (1960), as Shirley Bent in the episode "The Office Caper"
- Surfside 6 (1960), as Jill Murray in the episode "High Tide"
- Riverboat (1960), as Inez Cox
- 77 Sunset Strip (1960), as Ophir in the episode "Trouble in the Middle East"
- Maverick (TV series, 1961), as Erma Kerr in the episode "Red Dog"
- Bringing Up Buddy (1961), as Janie in the episode "Buddy and Janie"
- The Tall Man (1961), as Sally Bartlett in the episode "Apache Daughter"
- Gunsmoke (1962), as Lacey in the episode "Lacey"
- The New Breed (1962), as Ellen Talltree in the episode "Care is No Cure"
- The Twilight Zone (1962), as Comfort in the episode "The Last Rites of Jeff Myrtlebank"
- Hawaiian Eye (1962), as Joan Carmichael in the episode "A Scent of Whales"
- Gunsmoke (1962), as Aggie in the episode "Root Down"
- Vacation Playhouse (1963), as Alice Watson in the episode "Come a-Runnin'"
- Mr. Novak (1963), in the episode "The Risk"
- Perry Mason (TV series) (1963), as Madeline in the episode "The Case of the Festive Felon"
- The Lieutenant (1964), as Maggie Shea in the episode "Gone the Sun"
- Wagon Train (1964), as Geneva Balfour in the episode "The Geneva Balfour Story"
- Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. (1965), as Geraldine in the episode "Sergeant Carter Gets a Dear John Letter"
- Wild on the Beach (1965) (Lippert Productions Ltd., 20th Century Fox) as Lee Sullivan
- The Virginian (1965), as Lois Colter in the episode "Show Me a Hero"
- Branded (TV series) (1966), as Nell Beckwith in the episode "Barbed Wire"
- Lost in Space (TV Series, 1966) as Effra in the episode "The Space Croppers"
- My Three Sons (1966), as Linda June in the episode "The Wheels"
- Batman (TV series, 1966) as Pauline in the episodes "Death in Slow Motion" and "The Riddler's False Notion"
- Death Valley Days (1966), as Katherine Turner in the episode "Lady of the Plains"
- Star Trek (TV series, 1966) as Andrea in the episode "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"
- The Wild Wild West (TV series, 1967) as Michele LeMaster in the episode "The Night of the Vicious Valentine"
- Gunn (1967) (Geoffrey Productions, Paramount Pictures) as Samantha
- The Mini-Skirt Mob (1968) (American International Pictures-AIP) as Connie
- The Wild Wild West (TV Series, 1968) as Lola Cortez in the episode "The Night of the Gruesome Games"
- The Monitors (1969)(Commonwealth United Entertainment) as Mona
- The Interns (1970), as Jeri Spencer in the episode "The Quality of Mercy"
- Make Room for Granddaddy (1970), as Terry Williams in the episode "Make Room for Grandson"
- The Immortal (1970), as Sherry Hiller in the episode "Sylvia"
- Wild Women (1970) ABC Movie of the Week, as Nancy Belacourt
- Love, American Style (1971), as Blanche in the episode "Love and the Waitress"
- Curse of the Moon Child (1972)
- Cotter (1973), as Shasta
- Chase (1974), as Shirley
- Hitchhike! (1974) ABC Movie of the Week, as Stefanie
- The Girl on the Late, Late Show (1974) ABC Movie of the Week, as Pat Clauson
- Returning Home (1975) ABC Movie of the Week, as Marie Derry
- Barbary Coast (1975), as Sherry in the episode "Crazy Cats"
- Mobile One (1975) in the episode "The Pawn"
- The Rockford Files (1975), as Jennifer Sandstrom in the episode "The Real Easy Red Dog"
- Matt Helm (1975), as Elena in the episode "Double Jeopardy"
- Starsky and Hutch (1976), as Denise Girard in the episode "Bounty Hunter"
- The Blue Knight (1976) in the episode "The Rose and the Gun"
- Switch (1976), as Jennie in the episode "The 100,000 Ruble Rumble"