Saint George, Barbados

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article

Saint George
Parish
GunHillEntrance.jpg
Map of Barbados showing the Saint George parish
Map of Barbados showing the Saint George parish
Coordinates: 13°08′N 59°32′W / 13.133°N 59.533°W / 13.133; -59.533Coordinates: 13°08′N 59°32′W / 13.133°N 59.533°W / 13.133; -59.533
CountryBarbados
Largest cityThe Glebe
Government
 • TypeParliamentary democracy
 • Parliamentry seats2
Area
 • Total44 km2 (17 sq mi)
Population (2010 census)
 • Total19,767
 • Density450/km2 (1,200/sq mi)
 
Jump to: navigation, search
Saint George
Parish
GunHillEntrance.jpg
Map of Barbados showing the Saint George parish
Map of Barbados showing the Saint George parish
Coordinates: 13°08′N 59°32′W / 13.133°N 59.533°W / 13.133; -59.533Coordinates: 13°08′N 59°32′W / 13.133°N 59.533°W / 13.133; -59.533
CountryBarbados
Largest cityThe Glebe
Government
 • TypeParliamentary democracy
 • Parliamentry seats2
Area
 • Total44 km2 (17 sq mi)
Population (2010 census)
 • Total19,767
 • Density450/km2 (1,200/sq mi)

The parish of Saint George ("St. George") is located in the interior of Barbados. It is one of two land-locked parishes, the other being Saint Thomas to the north. A prominent landmark in the parish is Gun Hill Signal Station - one of the few remaining signal stations, dating back to 1818.

Saint George borders six of the eleven other parishes, more than any other parish.

Parishes bordering Saint George[edit]