Ries is the German word for a unit of paper ream, derived from the Arabic word rizma. The term can refer to:
- Nördlinger Ries, a large circular depression in western Bavaria, Germany.
- Ries (Graz), a district of the city of Graz, Austria, named after a hill range in it.
- Adam Ries
- Al Ries
- Charles P. Ries
- Christopher Ries
- Eric Ries, American entrepreneur and author
- Ferdinand Ries (1784-1838), German composer
- Franz Ries (1846-1932), German violinist and composer
- Franz Anton Ries (1755-1846), German Musician, Hubert and Ferdinand's Father
- Frédérique Ries
- Heinrich Ries
- Henry Ries
- Hubert Ries (1802-1886), German Musician, Franz's Father
- Irving G. Ries (1890-1963), American cinematographer and special effects artist
- István Ries (1885-1950), Hungarian politician
- Julien Ries, Belgian cardinal
- Laura Ries
- Marcie Berman Ries
- Nick Ries
- Peter Ries
- Riesbyfe Stridberg, fictional character often nicknamed as Ries.