From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
He graduated B.D. in 1492, D.D. in 1495, was a fellow in 1480, and warden of Merton College, Oxford in 1508 to 1521. He was installed rector of St. Mary Woolnoth, London in 1494, canon of St. Paul's in 1499, vicar of Hendon, Middlesex in 1504, vicar of Thornton, Yorkshire in 1505, rector of St. Martin, Ludgate in 1514 and subdean of York from 1504 to 1507. He was then collated archdeacon of Huntingdon in 1505 or 1514-23, canon of Windsor in 1506, and archdeacon of Cleveland in 1507, King's almoner in 1514 and Bishop of St. David's from 1523 until his death in 1536.
Whilst Warden of Merton College, Oxford, he was known for selling land designated for the completion of a cruciform chapel for the establishment of Corpus Christi College (as a result the chapel remains T-shaped and set an example for the shape of subsequent college chapels).
|Warden of Merton College, Oxford|
|Bishop of St David's|
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|