A Physical Security Professional (PSP) is a certification process for individuals involved in the physical security of organizations. This certification process is offered by ASIS International.
Purpose of certification
The intent of this certification is to provide employers a means of knowing that an individual has a high level of knowledge pertaining to physical security.
Technical experience and skills involved in this certification include:
- Performing threat surveys to evaluate the dangers present at a location or in an organization.
- Design of security procedures and systems.
- Responsibilities of people associated with security and response procedures.
- Setup, operation, and maintenance of security systems.
- Five years of experience in the physical security field.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- The applicant must not have been convicted of any criminal offense that would reflect negatively on the security profession, ASIS, or the certification program."
(from the PSP Eligibility Webpage)