- Paulista also means "from Sao Paulo"
Paulista is a city in Pernambuco, Brazil, with a population  of 303,404 as of 2011. It has the highest HDI of the Recife metropolitan area. It is the birthplace of footballer Rivaldo, and is also famous for its beaches, including Maria Farinha with the giant Veneza water park. It was incorporated as city in 1935.
The land on which the city is built was sold to a bandeirante from São Paulo in 1689, whence the city's name.
- Conceição beach. This beach is two kilometers long with many coconut trees, has calm and very deep water. Also has many bars and tents.
- Pau Amarelo beach. It features quiet water and a formation of sand banks, which give rise to small sandbar islets and natural pools.
- Janga beach, an urban beach with artificial reefs.
- Maria Farinha beach, featuring quiet and shallow waters. At low tide, it is possible to see the reefs and the beach almost does not have waves.
The main economic activities in Paulista are based in commerce, tourism and textile industry.
Economy by Sector
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|