Patton State Hospital is a psychiatric hospital located in San Bernardino, California, United States.
Opened in 1893 as the Southern California State Asylum for the Insane and Inebriates, it was renamed Patton State Hospital after Harry Patton, a member of the first Board of Managers, in 1927.
Patton is a state run, public sector forensic hospital. It is licensed by the Department of Health Services and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Individuals are judicially committed adults to Patton State Hospital to recover from mental illness utilizing Recovery principles and evidence based practices within a safe, structured, and secure environment.
- Penal Code 1370 (IST): Incompetent to Stand Trial
- Penal Code 1372(e): Competent to stand trial but requiring continued inpatient treatment during trial
- Penal Code 1026 (NGI): Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity
- Welfare & Institutions Code (WIC)6316 (MDSO): Mentally disordered sex offender committed prior to 1982
- Penal Code 2962 (MDO): Mentally Disordered Offender parolee certified by Board of Prison Terms for psychiatric treatment as a condition of parole
- Penal Code 2964(a): Mentally Disordered Offender parolee returned from community outpatient treatment
- Penal Code 2974: Parole under Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) who is committed under of the below listed civil commitments
- Penal Code 2684: Inmate from CDCR transferred for psychiatric treatment
- WIC 6600: Sexually Violent Predators (Female only)
- WIC 5353 (TCONS): Temporary conservatorship
- WIC 5358 (CONS): Permanent LPS conservatorship on basis of grave disability
- WIC 5304: Post-Certification 180 -day court commitment for imminently dangerous behavior
- WIC 5008(h)(1)(B): "Murphy" conservatorship on basis of continued incompetence to stand trail (after 3 years as PC 1370). Charges have not been dismissed
- Penal Code 2972: Post-parole MDO committed for an additional year of treatment
Patton state hospital is classified as a low to moderate security facility. A level in which they need to provide supervision and monitoring of behavior and activity. The Hospital has a razor wire chain link fence perimeter with armed guards and roving patrols. The hospital's security is created in order to maintain safety for all individuals who live and work at Patton State Hospital.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
Employees, staff and officers
- Executive Director of Patton State Hospital is Octavio C. Luna.
- Public Information Officer for Patton State Hospital is Cindy Barrett
- Chair of Psychology Department— Jette Warka, Ph.D.