Location of Cass County in North Dakota
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Cass County, North Dakota.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Cass County, North Dakota, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
Multiple resource areas in the county which have been studied include the North Side Fargo area, covered in a study in 1986.
There are 33 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
- This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted August 31, 2012.
|||Landmark name||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||1916 Buffalo High School||May 10, 2001||303 Pearl St., N.|
46°55′16″N 97°32′59″W / 46.921111°N 97.549722°W
|2||Barrington Apartments||July 27, 1989||219 12th St., S.|
46°52′19″N 96°47′51″W / 46.871944°N 96.7975°W
|3||Burlington Northern Depot||August 29, 1977||Woodard Ave.|
47°00′17″N 97°13′09″W / 47.004722°N 97.219167°W
|4||Cass County Court House, Jail, and Sheriff's House||December 22, 1983||S. 9th St. between S. 2nd and 3rd Aves.|
46°52′19″N 96°47′35″W / 46.871944°N 96.793056°W
|5||Casselton Commercial Historic District||October 28, 1982||Roughly bounded by Front and 1st St. between 6th and 8th Aves.|
46°54′03″N 97°12′38″W / 46.900833°N 97.210556°W
|6||DeLendrecie's Department Store||October 22, 1979||620-624 Main St.|
46°52′27″N 96°47′20″W / 46.874167°N 96.788889°W
|7||Dibley House||November 25, 1980||331 8th Ave., S.|
46°51′59″N 96°47′01″W / 46.866389°N 96.783611°W
|8||Downtown Fargo District||October 13, 1983||Roughly Roberts St. from S. 1st Ave. to 5th Ave. N., and Main Ave.|
46°52′41″N 96°47′24″W / 46.878056°N 96.79°W
|9||Fargo City Detention Hospital||April 7, 1987||57 11th Ave., N.|
46°53′21″N 96°46′37″W / 46.889167°N 96.776944°W
|10||Fargo Oak Grove Residential Historic District||October 13, 2011||North & South Terrace Aves., east of Elm St., N.|
46°53′00″N 96°46′34″W / 46.883333°N 96.776111°W
|11||Fargo South Residential District||September 19, 1983||Roughly bounded by 5th and 17th Aves. S., 7th and 9th Sts. S.|
46°51′43″N 96°47′30″W / 46.861944°N 96.791667°W
|12||Fargo Theatre Building||October 21, 1982||314 Broadway|
46°52′45″N 96°47′16″W / 46.879167°N 96.787778°W
|13||Grand Lodge of North Dakota, Ancient Order of United Workmen||August 24, 1979||112-114 N. Roberts St.|
46°52′40″N 96°47′23″W / 46.877778°N 96.789722°W
|14||Great Northern Freight Warehouse||November 21, 1990||420 N. 7th St.|
46°52′52″N 96°47′28″W / 46.881111°N 96.791111°W
|15||James Holes House||April 7, 1987||1230 Fifth St., N.|
46°53′29″N 96°47′10″W / 46.891389°N 96.786111°W
|16||Knerr Block, Floyd Block, McHench Building and Webster and Cole Building||May 12, 1983||13, 15, 17-19, and 21-23 8th St., S.|
46°52′26″N 96°47′27″W / 46.873889°N 96.790833°W
|17||Lewis House||October 18, 1979||1002 3rd Ave., S.|
46°52′17″N 96°47′46″W / 46.871389°N 96.796111°W
|18||Robert Lindemann House||September 2, 1994||1.5 miles east and 2.75 miles north of Enderlin|
46°40′08″N 97°34′32″W / 46.668889°N 97.575556°W
|19||Masonic Block||August 3, 1979||11 S. 8th St.|
46°51′55″N 96°47′29″W / 46.865278°N 96.791389°W
|20||North Dakota State University District||October 6, 1986||Roughly bounded by N. University Dr., 12th Ave., N., Service Dr., and Campus Ave.|
46°53′34″N 96°48′00″W / 46.892778°N 96.8°W
|21||North Side Fargo Builder's Residential Historic District||April 7, 1987||Roughly bounded by Benjamin Franklin School area and Golf Course, 1st St., 12th Ave., N, and 4th St.|
46°53′33″N 96°47′00″W / 46.8925°N 96.783333°W
|22||North Side Fargo High Style Residential Historic District||April 7, 1987||Roughly bounded by 12th Ave. N, 4th St., 11th Ave., N, and 7th St.|
46°53′22″N 96°47′11″W / 46.889444°N 96.786389°W
|23||Northern Pacific Railway Depot||February 13, 1975||701 Main Ave.|
46°52′29″N 96°47′21″W / 46.874722°N 96.789167°W
|24||Old Stone Church||March 29, 1996||206 N. Wilcox Ave.|
46°55′18″N 97°33′03″W / 46.921667°N 97.550833°W
|25||Pence Automobile Company Warehouse||January 7, 1994||301 N. P Ave.|
46°52′34″N 96°46′57″W / 46.876111°N 96.7825°W
|26||Powers Hotel||May 12, 1983||400 Broadway|
46°52′48″N 96°47′16″W / 46.88°N 96.787778°W
|27||Research Plot 2||October 8, 1991||Near the junction of Centennial Ave. and 18th St., N. on the North Dakota State University campus|
46°53′39″N 96°48′31″W / 46.894167°N 96.808611°W
|28||Research Plot 30||October 8, 1991||Near the junction of Centennial Ave. and 18th St., N. on the North Dakota State University campus|
46°53′39″N 96°48′39″W / 46.894167°N 96.810833°W
|29||Shea Site||July 25, 1996||Address Restricted||Embden|
|30||Sprunk Site (32CS04478)||January 9, 2007||Address Restricted||Enderlin|
|31||St. Stephen's Episcopal Church||December 3, 1992||Southeastern corner of the junction of 3rd Ave. and 5th St.|
46°54′10″N 97°12′34″W / 46.902778°N 97.209444°W
|32||Union Storage & Transfer Cold Storage Warehouse and Armour Creamery Building||February 9, 2007||1026-1032 Northern Pacific Ave. and 1034-1102 Northern Pacific Ave.|
46°52′36″N 96°47′43″W / 46.876667°N 96.795278°W
|33||Watts Free Library||May 31, 1990||101 3rd St., N.|
46°39′12″N 97°14′45″W / 46.653333°N 97.245833°W
At least one property was determined eligible but was not finally listed on the National Register, due to owner objection.
- ^ The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- ^ Mark T. Fiege, Jack Crowley, and Fredric L. Quivik (October, 1986). "National Register of Historic Places Multiple Property Submission: Historic Resources of North Side Fargo". National Park Service. http://pdfhost.focus.nps.gov/docs/NRHP/Text/64000478.pdf.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 31, 2012.
- ^ a b Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24. http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natreg/docs/All_Data.html.