"Mutual Admiration Society" is a popular song published in 1956 from the Broadway musical Happy Hunting. The song's tune was written by Harold Karr, the lyrics by Matt Dubey.
Ubiquitous in the mid to latter 1950s, the song is famous for its catchy chorus:
- We belong to a Mutual Admiration Society,
- My baby and me.
- We belong to a Mutual Admiration Society.
Versions and covers
- 1956, duet by Ethel Merman and Virginia Gibson, original Broadway version
- 1956, solo by Teresa Brewer, best-selling top-40 version
- 1956, duet by Jaye P. Morgan and Eddy Arnold
- 1964, duet by Ann-Margret and Al Hirt, Beauty and the Beard
- 1971, duet by Rita Hayworth and Carol Burnett
- 1981, duet by Everette Harp and Bud Shank
- 1985, duet by Louis Prima and Keely Smith
Albums of the same name
Dubey, Matt; Karr, Harold (1956). "Mutual Admiration Society lyrics". Happy Hunting. Top40db lyrics.