From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
(Redirected from Morning star
- Morning star is the name given to the planet Venus when it appears in the east before sunrise (as though heralding the coming of the morning). "Phosphorus" or "Light-Bringer" (Greek Φωσφόρος Phōsphoros) is the ancient Greek mythological name for the planet. It is also named Ἑωσφόρος, Heosphoros, "Dawn-bringer".
- Less commonly, Morning Star can refer to the planet Mercury when it appears in the east before sunrise. Apollo is an ancient Greek name for Mercury as a morning star.
- Morning Star (UK newspaper), left-wing daily newspaper
- Morning Star, established 1867 in Wilmington, North Carolina, renamed Star-News in 2003
- The Morning Star (Vernon), daily newspaper in Vernon, British Columbia
- The Morning Star (19th century U.K. newspaper), defunct London newspaper
- The Morning Star (19th century U.S. newspaper), defunct New Hampshire newspaper
- Magic City Morning Star, on-line newspaper from Katahdin, Maine
- The Evening and Morning Star (1832–1834), the first periodical of the Latter Day Saint movement
- The Morningstars, a band fronted by Sierra Leonean musician S. E. Rogie
- Morning Star (Hubert Laws album), by the jazz flautist Hubert Laws
- Morning Star (Entombed album), by the Swedish death metal band Entombed
- Morning Star (Flunk album), by the Norwegian electronic music band Flunk
- Morning Star (Spear of Destiny album)
- Morningstar, an album by the American electronic music band Asmodeus X
- Criminal Intents/Morning Star, a 2009 EP by the band Dope Stars Inc.
- "Morning Star", a song by Nat King Cole from his album St. Louis Blues
- "Morningstar", a song by the American alternative rock band AFI from their album The Art of Drowning
- "Morgenstern (Morning Star)", a song by Rammstein on their 2004 album Reise, Reise
- "The Morningstar", a song by the Swedish gothic doom metal band Draconian on their 2006 album The Burning Halo
- "Morning Star", a musical work for wind ensemble composed by David Maslanka
- "Morning Star" (song), a song by British hip hop group N-Dubz
- "Morning Star", a song by Roger Shah featuring the voice of Moya Brennan
- "Morning Star", a song by the Brazilian power metal band Angra on their 2004 album Temple of Shadows
- "Morning Star", a traditional Moravian carol, originated as a poem by Johannes Scheffler in 1657 and put to music by Francis F. Hagen in 1836.
- "Draconian Trilogy: Morning Star", a song by the Swedish symphonic metal band Therion on their 1998 album "Vovin".
- The Morning Star, play by Emlyn Williams
- Morning Star (novel), by Simon Raven
- Morningstar, novel by David Gemmell
- The Morning Star, trilogy of novels by Nick Bantock
- The Morning Star, 1979 book of poems and translations by Kenneth Rexroth
- Morning Star (comics), fictional Marvel Comics villain
- Morningstar, superhero from the Bogatyri comic books
- Morningstar, character in the Elementals comic book
- Morning Star, character in the Noble Warriors Trilogy of novels by William Nicholson
- Morningstar, character from the novel Jack of Shadows by Roger Zelazny
- Morningstar, Lucifer; Sandman comic books by Neil Gaiman
- Morning Star flag, the national flag of West Papua
- Morningstar commune, commune formed in the San Francisco area in the mid-1960s
- Morning Star Boys' Ranch, Spokane, Washington
- Morning Star ceremony, ritual ceremony including human sacrifice performed by the Pawnee tribe into the 19th century
- John Wycliffe, the English theologian, referred to as "The Morning Star of the Reformation"
- Morning Star Trust, U.K.-based, Christian sail training charity
- Morning Star International, former name of Every Nation Churches, an organization of non-denominational churches
- Jesus Morning Star, name of the Providence religious movement of Korea and Japan
- Evening Star (disambiguation)
- Morgenstern (disambiguation)