- Not to be confused with Sumitomo Life Insurance Company, a mutual insurance organization.
MSIG headquarters in Tokyo, Japan
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. (三井住友海上グループホールディングス株式会社 Mitsui Sumitomo Kaijō Gurūpu Hōrudingusu Kabushiki-Kaisha) is a Japanese insurance holding company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Formed in 2001 from the merger of Mitsui Marine & Fire Insurance Co. and Sumitomo Marine & Fire Insurance, it is the third-largest property insurance company in Japan behind Tokio Marine and Sompo Japan, with market share of 18.6% in 2007.
- Mitsui Sumitomo Kirameki Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
- Mitsui Sumitomo MetLife insurance Co., Ltd.
Companies not based in Japan
- Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- MITSUI SUMITOMO INSURANCE Venture Capital Co., Ltd.
- InterRisk Research Institute & Consulting, Inc.
- MITSUI SUMITOMO INSURANCE Care Network Co., Ltd.
- American Appraisal Japan Co., Ltd.