|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.|
|Mirai Sentai Timeranger|
The title card for Mirai Sentai Timeranger
|Written by||Yasuko Kobayashi|
|Directed by||Satoshi Morota|
|Narrated by||Yukitoshi Hori (堀 之紀 Hori Yukitoshi)|
|Opening theme||"JIKŪ ~Mirai Sentai Timeranger~" by Kumi Sasaki|
|Ending theme||"Toki no Kanata E" by NAT'S (1-43, 46-49)|
"Miracle X-Mas" by T.R. Futures (44)
"Eternal Wind" by Shigetaka Takayama (45)
"Mirai no Yuku E" by Motoyoshi Iwasaki (50)
"Don't Stop Your Story!" by T.R. Futures (51)
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||51|
|Running time||approx. 25 minutes|
|Original channel||TV Asahi|
|Original run||February 13, 2000 – February 11, 2001|
|Preceded by||Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoFive|
|Followed by||Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger|
Mirai Sentai Timeranger (未来戦隊タイムレンジャー Mirai Sentai Taimurenjā, [Note 1]) is a Japanese Tokusatsu television series. It is the twenty-fourth series in Toei's Super Sentai franchise. The footage from this series was used in the American production Power Rangers Time Force. The opening narration of the series is "People from the future in the year 3000 AD and one man have met by chance, for the sake of marking a new passage of time…!" (西暦3000年の未来人たちと一人の男が出会った。新しい時を刻む為に‥！ Seireki sanzennen no miraijin-tachi to hitori no otoko ga deatta. Atarashii toki wo kizamu tameni).
In the 30th century, time travel becomes illegal after a time paradox crisis. The Time Protection Department is established to watch for and stop time crimes. Four new enlistee cadets of the TPD are tricked by Don Dolnero and his gang into letting them time-travel to the year 2000 to commit various crimes. To protect history, the four cadets pursue them. There they encounter a severe problem: the Timeranger program requires five members for the first operation. They thus force a present-day martial artist, Tatsuya Asami, to join them, allowing them to become the Timerangers. Afterwards Tatsuya rents a building for them to live in and they start a small odd jobs business called Tomorrow Research to financially support themselves.
Over time, the four cadets begin to realize that their presence would inevitably change the future in the form of the City Guardians, a security force under the employment of the Asami Corporation to protect the city from the Londers. The City Guardians gain a tenuous relationship with the Timerangers, especially when Tatsuya's childhood friend Naoto becomes Time Fire and later the City Guardian's Captain. In the series finale, the Timerangers go back to their regular lives. A year later Tatsuya is jogging when he sees five people who resemble the other Timerangers (including Naoto), but realizes it isn't them.
- "Timeranger! [Name of prisoner], you're under arrest for violating the Time Protection Law!"
The Timerangers rent a building for them to live in and have an odd jobs business called Tomorrow Research to support themselves financially.
- Tatsuya Asami/Time Red (浅見 竜也/タイムレッド Asami Tatsuya/Taimureddo): The main protagonist of the series, Tatsuya is a 22-year-old martial artist who was "drafted" into the team. He refuses to accept fate and his heritage as future CEO of his father's company. He believes that people can control their own destiny, but only if they fight for a desirable future. After joining the Timerangers, Tatsuya decides to move out of his father's house and uses his savings to rent the building that would be the Timeranger's home. Tatsuya works as a karate teacher at Tomorrow Research. Although Yuuri is the team leader, Tatsuya is the driving force of the Timerangers, essentially acting as field commander during the battles. When operating the Time Robo formations, Tatsuya is usually in charge of accessing the finishing moves to recapture the Londers Prisoners by wielding a miniature version of the Space-Time Sword/Chrono Divider to mimic the movement pattern. In the finale, one year after the final battle, Tatsuya continues to life freely by choosing his lifestyle until he feels that he is ready to join his father's company. At the end of the series, Tatsuya runs into 4 individuals who resemble Yuuri, Ayase, Domon and Sion, who may be their ancestors, even an individual who also resemble Naoto.
- Attacks: Vector Hurley (ベクターハーレー Bekutā Hārē), Vector Around (ベクターアラウンド Bekutā Araundo) with Time Blue, Vector Hurricane (ベクターハリケーン Bekutā Harikēn) with Time Yellow, Vector Impulse (ベクターインパルス Bekutā Inparusu), Spark End (スパークエンド Supāku Endo), Vector End: Beat 3 (ベクターエンド・ビート３ Bekutā Endo Bīto Surī), Vector End: Beat 12 (ベクターエンド・ビート１２ Bekuttā Endo Bīto Tuwerubu), Vector End: Beat Cross (ベクターエンド・ビートクロス Bekutā Endo Bīto Kurosu), Vector Dividing (ベクターディバイディング Bekutā Dibaidingu)
- Yuri/Time Pink (ユウリ/タイムピンク Yūri/Taimupinku): The female protagonist of the series and the leader of the Timerangers, she is a 21-year-old police officer from the 30th century. Since the Inter-City Police were aware of Don Dornero's plan, she went undercover as a TPD cadet to stop him. She holds a personal grudge on Don Dolnero for sending an assassin to kill her family in the year 2988. Yuri is initially cold towards Tatsuya, but eventually warms up to him. She works as a detective at Tomorrow Research, but is open to other jobs such as cleaning services. In the series finale, she confesses to Tatsuya that she loves him, but they cannot be together due to the large gap in between their timelines, and thus she returns to her own time and finds that due to the time change in the 30th century, her family is still alive. In the 20th century, Tatsuya comes across an individual resembling Yuuri, who may be her ancestor.
- Attacks: Vector Hurley, Vector End: Beat 6 (ベクターエンド・ビート６ Bekutā Endo Bīto Shikkusu)
- Ayase/Time Blue (アヤセ/タイムブルー Ayase/Taimuburū): A former racer, this calm-headed 22-year-old is the second-in-command with a knack for high-speed battles and a deadpan sense of humor. Oftentimes, his deadpan humor brings him at odds with Domon, which forces the other Timerangers to prevent a possible fistfight between the two. He is also close friends with Tatsuya. Being the only Timeranger with a driver's license, he works as a chauffeur at Tomorrow Research. Ayase, however, has the incurable terminal illness Osiris Syndrome. When Tatsuya finds out about the disease, he is determined to help his friend. The other Timerangers are shocked when Tatsuya is forced to reveal Ayase's illness to them. After time is altered at the end of the series, a cure for Osiris Syndrome was found and Ayase was cured. In the 20th century, Tatsuya comes across an individual resembling Ayase, who may be his ancestor.
- Attacks: Vector Hurley, Vector Around with Time Red, Vector Hurricane with Time Yellow, Vector End: Beat X (ベクターエンド・ビートＸ Bekutā Endo Bīto Ekkusu)
- Domon/Time Yellow (ドモン/タイムイエロー Domon/Taimuierō): A 22-year-old womanizer who was formerly a professional grappler that tends to overdo it sometimes. Domon was banned from professional fighting for never being on time for a match because he would chase after girls. Despite this, Domon has a great respect for the rules and after learning that Sion is an orphan, he sticks up for him and refuses for anyone to call him an alien. However, Domon who comes from a large family, is the only one who truly misses the 30th century and has some resentment towards Captain Ryuya for trapping them in the 20th century. This resulted in him taking his frustrations out on Tatsuya when the four cadets first met him due to his resemblance to Ryuya. Although Domon works as the self-defense teacher at Tomorrow Research, he has no students. Domon also argues with Ayase frequently due to the latter's deadpan humor toward his attitude on women. Later on, Domon falls in love with camerawoman Honami Moriyama. After his secret identity is revealed to her, the two start dating and Domon eventually tells her that he comes from the 30th century. In the finale, after the future was changed, Domon learns that his ban is reduced to a one-year suspension from the ring. In the 20th century, Tatsuya comes across an individual resembling Domon, who may be his ancestor.
- Attacks: Finishing Laser Punch, Vector Hurley, Vector Dividing
- Sion/Time Green (シオン/タイムグリーン Shion/Taimugurīn): A 17-year-old alien from the planet Hubbard (ハバード Habādo), which was destroyed as the result of war and was thus raised on Earth in a laboratory. He is nimble and is curious of everything around him. Sion is also fond of dyeing his hair, which he does every so often since age 3. Due to his alien physiology, Sion only needs to sleep once per year, but it takes him a week of hibernation when he does it. He is also the Timerangers' technical expert, capable of operating any machine. Sion is in charge of computer repairs for Tomorrow Research. He is (currently) the youngest Ranger to exist, being born around 2983. In the finale, Sion learned that because Hubbard had no contact with Earth prior to its destruction, his own history hadn't changed, however, as he leaves, he says he's happy that he met Tatsuya and thanks to him he will never feel alone anymore. In the 20th century, Tatsuya comes across an individual resembling Sion, who may be his ancestor.
- Attacks: Vector Hurley, Vector End: Beat 9 (ベクターエンド・ビート９ Bekutā Endo Bīto Nain)
Wataru Asami forms a security force under his Asami Corporation to protect the city from the Londars. The City Guardians (シティガーディアンズ Shiti Gādianzu) gain a tenuous relationship with the Timerangers, especially when Tatsuya's childhood rival Naoto becomes Time Fire and later the City Guardian's Captain. The Captain is required to wear a red beret. According to Ryuya, the City Guardians would later become the Inter-City Police (インターシティー警察 Intā Shitī Keisatsu).
- "Time Fire! Londars, if you keep doing this, I'm not gonna be nice!"
- Naoto Takizawa/Time Fire (滝沢 直人/タイムファイヤー Takizawa Naoto/Taimufaiyā, 28-49,Timeranger vs GoGoV): Tatsuya's 28 year old rival and leader of the City Guardians established by the Asami Corporation. Unlike Tatsuya, Naoto came from the other side of the tracks, getting by on a scholarship as the two of them attended prep school. Naoto envied Tatsuya and wanted to be the better of the two. After becoming Time Fire, the Asami group attempts to analyze the technology for mass production, but cannot fully understand the 30th century technology. He finds out through Sion that the Londarz monsters are just prisoners and only needed to be recaptured. Eventually, he learns that the Timerangers came from the 30th century, and because of his desire for power, he chooses to find a way to use his new knowledge of the Timerangers to his advantage. After Wataru is hospitalized, Naoto is able to use that knowledge to gain full control of the City Guardians. Naoto also owns two pet birds, Tora and Sakura, which he later gives to a little girl. After Naoto is injured during the battle against Neo-Crisis, he finds out that Wataru was able to regain control of the City Guardians through a legal maneuver since the Guardians were able to remove the Voice Lock function on the V-Commander, which meant they no longer needed him. Naoto is stripped of his command and flees, but is promptly hospitalized. While trying to retrieve one of his birds in the hospital, Naoto is shot in the chest by a Zenitt, mortally wounding him and causing him to lose his balance over a high stairwell railing. Naoto relinquishes the V-Commander to Tatsuya, telling him to change the future as he dies. In the 20th century, Tatsuya comes across an individual resembling Naoto.
- Captain Ryuya (リュウヤ隊長 Ryūya Taichō): TPD commanding officer in 3000, the first Time Red,and a descendant of Tatsuya. Later in the series, he travels to 2000 to take over the role of Time Red once more, but returns the changer to Tatsuya soon after. Showing no interest in the past, Ryuya insists that Yuuri and the others return to the future, as the Lambda 2000 was going to cause the Earth in the past to cease to exist. However, once they return, he attempts to wipe their memories of their time in 2000-2001, telling the Timerangers how their actions in the past have changed their futures for the better, but Yuuri and the others flee just as Ayase confronts and mortally wounds Ryuya. Ryuya reveals that, not only was he the one who lets Don Dolnero escape into the past, everything leading to the Timerangers being formed and Gien's insanity reaching its peak are also planned to ensure that the "better" of the two futures he saw would occur. He also reveals that the Timerangers are supposed to die in the first giant battle, and the aid he sent saves their lives many times over. Ryuya, the original pilot of the V-Rex, saw two futures six years earlier: One where Gien's battle with the V-Rex destroys a third of the 21st Century, and one in which Gien's death by the G-Zord leads to the complete destruction of the 31st Century. In both futures, however, Ryuya, as Time Fire, dies. To prevent his demise, Ryuya sets up the V-Rex's disappearance to insure that someone from the past will become Time Fire and die in his place. Unfortunately for him, his actions do not prevent him from dying—they merely change the manner in which he dies. Before his death, he asks how he could possibly be blamed for doing what he did, saying that he wanted to do what the Time Rangers were doing for themselves: to make a better future.
- Navigation Robot Tac (タック Takku): A robotic owl who transmits the launch of the Time Jets. He has a database on all Londers Criminals. Tac was given information on many of the events that were intended to happen in the year 2000, though when things began to occur that he was not given data on (such as the appearance of V-Rex and Time Fire), Tac began to question his usefulness. It was not until Sion disabled a chip that had been preventing Tac from making his own decisions, and convinced him that he was not worthless, that Tac felt confident in himself again. He can detect Space-Time Pulses and will help the team in making plans.
- Wataru Asami (浅見 渡 Asami Wataru): Tatsuya's father who is the leader of the Asami Group, one of the biggest business corporations in Japan. Wataru is a cold-hearted individual who was only concerned with business matters and tried to control Tatsuya's life thinking that his son was only meant to follow in his footsteps. Wataru also organizes the City Guardians as a means of protecting the city from the Londers Family and found out that his son was Time Red when his mask was broken. Wataru eventually agreed to allow Naoto Takizawa to become the City Guardians leader after he gained control of the V-Rex and tried to recruit the other Timerangers into the City Guardians but was turned down. Eventually Wataru was hospitalized during Gien's attack on the City Guardian headquarters. After Yuuri and the Timerangers depart for 3000, Wataru decides to allow for his son to live his own life.
- Honami Moriyama (森山 ホナミ Moriyama Honami, 9-50): Honami Moriyama is a reporter who is a photographer, the only one daring enough to take photographs of the Londers Family. She first interfered in the Timerangers battle against Gougan and was scolded by Time Pink for her foolishness, but Time Yellow was able to cheer her up. Unknown to the Timerangers, Honami had taken their picture in their civilian forms, but chose to keep those pictures to herself and quit taking pictures of them and the Londers. Honami had developed a crush on Time Yellow, yet she believed that Ayase was Time Yellow, going as far as keeping a picture of Ayase and Time Yellow side-by-side in her wallet. Sion found out that Honami was in love with Domon and gave her Domon's e-mail address. Eventually Domon found out about the confusion when he noticed Honami's wallet on the ground when he arrived late on a date and that Ayase's picture was in it. Domon tried to set up Honami with Ayase, and in the end Honami's misunderstanding was cleared up when Domon was willing to protect her from Banjan's bomb. After that the two started dating and at the end of the series, Honami has a child that she named Domon Junior but never told Domon about it.
- Time Roboter (タイムロボター Taimu Robotā): Created by Sion to serve as Tac's robotic assistant, a cheerful and talkative little robot which often ends its sentences with the word "time". Robota functions to protect their headquarters when the Timerangers were away. It relays messages, sounds off its opinions, and when Tac wants, acts as an alarm clock.
- Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoFive: Team up with them during Timeranger VS GoGo V. Faced off against Pierre, the surviving footman of the Psyma Family (despite GoGo V's assumptions that they had killed him), who teamed with the Londers in a plan to take out both teams. During the Super Sentai Daishugou special's segment on GoGo V, the team instantly recognizes them due to their team-up.
- Chrono Changer (クロノチェンジャー Kurono Chenjā): The Timerangers' transformation device. The Timerangers can remove their regular clothes to reveal a special body suit and transform using the activation call "Chrono Changer" (クロノチェンジャー Kurono Chenjā). The Timerangers get access to their weapons from the Chrono Changer through the command "Chrono Access" (クロノアクセス Kurono Akusesu).
- Chrono Suits (クロノスーツ Kurono Sūtsu): The suits that are formed when the transformation devices are activated.
- Chrono Search (クロノサーチ Kurono Sāchi): A built-in scope that allows the Timerangers to analyze the enemy.
- Accel Stop (アクセルストップ Akuseru Sutoppu): This function is created by Sion in Episode 21. When activated, the speed of the Chrono Suits are increased giving the Timeranger superhuman speed, but the durability of the suits decrease.
- Time Flyer (タイムフライヤー Taimu Furaiyā): A Hoverjet that is used by the main Timeranger as regular transportation as well as a transport for them to board the Time Jets. When it becomes the Flyer Magnum (フライヤーマグナム Furaiyā Magunamu), Time Robo Beta's gun, the wings are folded into the handle and the twin barrels of the gun emerge from the front section.
- Time Emblem (タイムエンブレム Taimu Enburemu): The badges of the Timerangers. The badges are used to identify the Timeranger as police officers, as well as to create a storage unit for a recaptured Londers prisoner. Time Fire receives his own during Christmas time.
- Double Vector (ダブルベクター Daburu Bekutā): A pair of swords called the Spark Vectors (スパークベクター Supāku Bekutā) and Arrow Vectors (アローベクター Arō Bekutā) that each of the main Timeranger possesses. They can be joined to create the Twin Vector (ツインベクター Tsuin Bekutā). Some of the special attacks that can be performed are Vector Slash with the Spark Vector as well as the Twin Slash attack, which are a variety of double sword-based attacks such as Vector Hurley and Vector End (By slashing in two directions in the symbol of a clock such as Vector End Beat Six is slashing between the 12 and 6 symbols and Vector End Beat Cross, slashing between the 3 and 9 positions and then the 12 and 6 positions).
- VolBlaster (ボルブラスター Boruburasutā): Time Red's Vol Weapon.
- VolLauncher (ボルランチャー Boruranchā): Time Blue's Vol Weapon.
- VolPulser (ボルパルサー Boruparusā): Time Green's Vol Weapon.
- VolVulcan (ボルバルカン Borubarukan): Time Yellow's Vol Weapon.
- VolSniper (ボルスナイパー Borusunaipā): Time Pink's Vol Weapon.
- Voltech Bazooka (ボルテックバズーカ Borutekku Bazūka): A bazooka formed from the individual Vol Weapons. Its finishing attack to recapture Londers Prisoners is Press Re-Freezer (プレスリフリーザー Puresu Rifurīzā).
- Assault Mobile (アサルトモバイル Asaruto Mobairu): Created in Episode 23 by Sion. The Assault Mobile are weapon pieces that are stored in a carrying case. The main purpose of the Assault Mobile is to combine with the Spark Vector to create the Assault Vector.
- Assault Vector (アサルトベクター Asaruto Bekutā): Combination of the Spark Vector and Assault Mobile, the Assault Vector is a high powered gun that amplifies the Spark Vectors power up to 30 times higher than normal which fires the Assault Burning (アサルトバーニング Asaruto Bāningu) and there is also Sniper Mode (スナイパーモード Sunaipā Mōdo) that aims at pinpoint. Wielded by Time Red, sometimes by Time Green.
- V Commander (Ｖコマンダー Bui Komandā): Time Fire's transformation device. Using the activation call "Time Fire" (タイムファイヤー Taimu Faiyā), Naoto transforms into Time Fire. It is also used to remotely control the V-Rex/V-Rex Robo. When Naoto dies, he gives Tatsuya the V Commander so he could have access to the DV Defender and V-Rex.
- DV Defender (ＤＶディフェンダー Dī Bui Difendā): Time Fire's personal weapon. It has three different forms it can take through the DV Change ability. In its standard form Defender Gun (ディフェンダーガン Difendā Gan), it becomes the DV Vulcan (ＤＶバルカン Dī Bui Barukan) by Vulcan Mode (バルカンモード Barukan Mōdo), in Defender Sword (ディフェンダーソード Difendā Sōdo), a blade is extended from the front end of the gun to create a sword. The third form Final Mode is where an energy blade is produced from the front end of Vulcan Mode to use the DV Re-Freezer (ＤＶリフレイザー Dī Bui Rifureizā).
- Chrono-Ship Yglieg: The time vehicle which the Timerangers use to travel from the year 3000 to 2000.
- City Defense Mecha Raimei (都市防衛メカ・ライメイ Toshi Bōei Meka Raimei): A tank created by the Asami Group. It was destroyed by Nova in its first run.
Mecha used by the Time Protection Bureau. While most mecha are launched from the Provider Base in the year 3000 until Tac calls "Send us the Emergency System!", the V-Rex remains in the present time. After a Londars prisoner is defeated, a Timeranger says "Time up" (タイムアップ Taimu Appu), or in Time Fire's case "The end" (ジーエンド Jī Endo).
- Providus (プロバイダス Purobaidasu): Providus serves to send the Time Jets and Time Shadow through the time gate. Though he only saw action in Sion's dream, Providus has a spinning fist attack.
- Time Jet 3D Mecha System: The Time Protection Bureau's Emergency System in case of enlarged Londers prisoners, which Ryuya sent to the Timeranger to prep them for the G-Zord. The five Time Jets can combine into any figuration by the command "3D Formation"/"Change Formation". Time Robo has three forms; Time Jet Gamma (タイムジェットγ（ガンマ） Taimujetto Ganma) (Jet cruiser), Time Robo Beta (タイムロボβ（ベータ） Taimurobo Bēta) (highspeed), and Time Robo Alpha (タイムロボα（アルファ） Taimurobo Arufa) (default). As Time Jet Gamma it can perform its Gamma Tornado (ガンマトルネード Ganma Torunēdo) attack to throw the Londers prisoners off balance. As Time Robo Beta its armament is the Flyer Magnum, where the Time Flyer becomes a high powered gun and uses Virtual Turn (バーチャルターン Bācharu Tān) to bounce off clouds and Virtual Shoot (バーチャルシュート Bācharu Shūto). Finally as Time Robo Alpha it can use its Space-Time Sword (時空剣 Jikūken) to perform its finisher Press Blizzard (プレスブリザード Puresu Burizādo) attack to recapture Londers prisoners. It is also equipped with the Chrono Shield (クロノシールド Kurono Shīrudo) as Time Robo Alpha. With Virtual Movement, Time Robo Alpha can throw the Space-Time Sword over to the Time Shadow to use. Once in Timeranger VS. GoGoFive to defeat PierreBori, the GoGoFive gave the energy from the Victory Robo's Victory Prominence attack to Time Robo Alpha's Space-Time Sword to create the Pressure Prominence (プレッシャープロミネンス Puresshā Purominensu) attack, where it enabled the Timerangers to kill the Saima Wizard Pierre and recapture the Londar prisoner BoriBaru as Riding Time Robo. Also, during that battle, the time portal in its chest, normally used to bring the Space-Time Sword to the present, was used to bring Go Liner and Victory Robo to the present from 1999 to aid in the battle. Once the G-Zord was destroyed, the Time Jets were no longer sent to aid the Timerangers and were last seen in the fight against Neo Crisis. Time Robo Alpha's power helped to power up GaoKing in Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai. Time Jet Gamma and Time Robo Alpha are visually similar, and possibly an homage, to Jet Icarus, while Time Robo Beta is the same to Super GalaxyMega.
- Time Jet 1 (タイムジェット１ Taimujetto Wan): Piloted by Time Red, armed with Plasma Vulcan (プラズマバルカン Purazuma Barukan). Forms the frontal segment of Time Jet Gamma. Time Jet 1's underside is Time Robo Alpha's chest, while the topside is the chest of Time Robo Beta.
- Time Jet 2 (タイムジェット２ Taimujetto Tsū): Piloted by Time Blue, armed with Pulse Machine Gun (パルスマシンガン Parusu Mashin Gan). Forms Time Robo Alpha's left leg, Time Robo Beta's left arm, and Time Jet Gamma's right wing.
- Time Jet 3 (タイムジェット３ Taimujetto Surī): Piloted by Time Green, armed with Distortion Blast (ディストーションブラスト Disutōshon Burasuto). Forms Time Robo Alpha's right leg, Time Robo Beta's right arm, and Time Jet Gamma's left wing.
- Time Jet 4 (タイムジェット４ Taimujetto Fō): Piloted by Time Yellow, armed with Heat Disrupter (ヒートディスラプター Hīto Disuraputā). Forms Time Robo Alpha's left arm, Time Robo Beta's right leg, and the left "rudder" of Time Jet Gamma.
- Time Jet 5 (タイムジェット５ Taimujetto Faibu): Piloted by Time Pink, armed with Diffusion Shot (ディフュージョンショット Dihyūjon Shotto). Forms Time Robo Alpha's right arm, Time Robo Beta's left leg, and the right "rudder" of Time Jet Gamma.
- Time Shadow (タイムシャドウ Taimushadō): Time Shadow was created in the G-Throttle Sensor System around 2980, sent to the 21st Century by the Inter-City Police Department to counter the temporal disruptions caused by Gien. It can transform from Stealth Mode (ステルスモード Suterusu Mōdo) to Battle Mode (バトルモード Batoru Mōdo) (the undercarriage becomes the legs, the nose becomes the chest (revealing the head), and part of each wing becomes an arm (with the guns as hands) which is armed with Lightning Shoot (ライトニングシュート Raitoningu Shūto) and two Shadow Sabers (シャドウセイバー Shadō Seibā) that can become combined into a single sword called the Double Shadow (ダブルシャドウ Daburu Shadō) to perform its finisher Blue Moon Slash (ブルームーンスラッシュ Burū Mūn Surasshu). With the command of "Delta Formation," Time Robo Beta/Alpha and Time Shadow could combine to form Time Robo Shadow Beta (タイムロボ・シャドウβ（ベータ） Taimurobo Shadō Bēta) or Time Robo Shadow Alpha (タイムロボ・シャドウα（アルファ） Taimurobo Shadō Arufa). Armed with the Pro Divider (プロディバイダー Puro Dibaidā) that enables them to recapture Londers prisoners. It can become a gun for Time Robo Shadow Beta to use its Pressure Cannon (プレッシャーカノン Puresshā Kanon) finisher or a sword for Time Robo Shadow Alpha to perform its Blizzard Slash (ブリザードスラッシュ Burizādo Surasshu) finisher after firing the Virtual Net (バーチャルネット Bācharu Netto). Time Shadow forms the chest, wings, posterior, feet, and foot guards for both forms, as well as the shoulder cannons for Time Robo Shadow Alpha. The Time Shadow was last seen being taken down by the G-Zord and what became of it is unknown.
- V-Rex (ブイレックス Bui Rekkusu): V-Rex is the Inter-City Police force's strongest mecha. It was lost in a time experiment and later emerged in the 21st century where the Timerangers were. After recovering the V-Commander, the V-Rex's control device, and becoming Time Fire, Naoto Takizawa gained control of the V-Rex shortly afterwards, using the command "Go, V-Rex!" to summon V-Rex from the forest. The V-Rex's armaments are the Rex Laser (レックスレーザー Rekkusu Rēzā) and Max Burning (マックスバーニング Makkusu Bāningu). V-Rex assumes a more human-like form, Voice Formation V-Rex Robo (ブイレックスロボ Bui Rekkusu Robo), where its Revolver Missiles (リボルバーミサイル Riborubā Misairu) which is shot from the right hand and its Rex Punch (レックスパンチ Rekkusu Panchi) where it fires its left hand at its opponent. The V-Rex Robo's finisher that allows it to recapture Londers prisoners is its Max Blizzard (マックスブリザード Makkusu Burizādo) attack that is fired from the shoulders. By the command of "Reverse Formation, V-Rex!", it can return to its dinosaur form. Time Robo Alpha can also ride on the V-Rex's back, forming "Riding Time Robo". In the finale it was revealed that when the V-Rex and Neo-Crisis's power sources came in contact, they would create a timepulse that would take out bits of the world. Later, after Naoto died, Sion was able to modify the DV-Defender in order for Tatsuya to use the DV-Vulcan to alter the V-Rex's Lambarda 2000 into Zeta-3 enabling for Tatsuya to destroy Neo-Crisis without endangering the world. Helped out in Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai.
The Londers Family (ロンダーズファミリー Rondāzu Famirī) are the main antagonists of Timeranger. Their base of operations is the Londers Penitentiary (ロンダー刑務所 Rondā Keimusho), which is their namesake.
- Don Dolnero (ドン・ドルネロ Don Dorunero, 1-47): A frog-like mafioso godfather who is only in it for the money, though he also comes with a firm love for the family. Originally leader of the Dolnero Family (ドルネロズファミリ Dorunero Famirī) mafia group, he was to be put under imprisonment for 1,000 years, as Prisoner #35273, until his gang takes over the prison and go back in time to pull off numerous crimes. With Borg's help, he took over a company to make even more money, setting up a "protection business". He cares for his associates, especially Gien, whose mental stability often concerns him. When Gien releases Emboss, Dolnero provides his blood to the Timerangers so the City Guardians can make the vaccine before he shuts down Gien with a special attachment to stop him from going too far in his psychotic delights. Once the attachment is removed and destroyed, Dolnero evacuated the Londers Prison before going out to put Gien out of his misery. Dolnero was unable to carry out the deed, only to be killed himself. In his final moments, he gives the Timerangers the remaining Londers Prisoners he had in the Londers Prison. His name is a pun on the word, dinheiro.
- Gien (ギエン Gien): Evil robotic scientist, an insane loose cannon and sadist. He is responsible for constructing the Zenitts that are sent against the Timerangers. Gien was actually a cyborg, formerly an uneducated, human boy who befriended Don Dolnero in 2990 when he was hiding from the Kuronz Family, who nearly killed Gien for refusing to reveal Dolnero's location to them. Dolnero saved his life by having a friend of his transfer the boy's brain into a robotic body. There were horrible side-effects that made, and still are making, Gien increasingly insane. He has access to the Hell's Gate Prisoners and cared for nothing except for his own masochistic pleasures, going against Dolnero's orders sometimes as well. He also constructed several massive robots, that are powered by the Lambda-2000 crystal he steals from the Kawasaki Laboratories twice. He also attempts to take control of the V-Rex as well. After seeing the G-Zord in action, Gien creates a device to drain the power from the G-Zord and then from the Timerangers robots. During the last second, Tatsuya arrives to help his friends, beating Gien before destroying his device. Though the G-Zord is destroyed, Gien uses the Lambda-2000 he stole to assume his role as the "God of Destruction". Don Dolnero eventually tries everything in his power to stop Gien, only to die in the vain attempt. Gien later pilots the NeoCrisis robot, wired into his creation as he destroyed everything in his path. After Tatsuya saves the future by destroying NeoCrisis, Gien's previous memories resurface and he dissolves away into sand. Despite his psychotic evil tendencies, Gien is one of the more tragic characters in the series.
- Lila (リラ Rira, 1-47): Don Dolnero's right hand girl with pink hair. A rather obnoxious girl who happens to be a mistress of disguise and good with a pistol. Being a material girl, she frequently steals clothing and jewelry that suit her fancy. She mostly sticks around Don Dolnero as he had the two aspects she adored: money and power. She admits she likes him a bit even if he lacks them. After Dolnero's death, Lila goes into hiding and has been missing ever since. Her name is a pun on the word, lira.
- Junk Droid Zenitts (ジャンクドロイド・ゼニット Janku Doroido Zenitto): Cheap droids created by Gien from scrap, the Zenitts are activated when a Londers criminal tosses a bunch of nuts and bolts that then transform into these one-eyed robots. The Zenitts are armed with sword-like rifles and can assume human form. When Gien left Dolnero, he took most of the Zenitts with him to assist him in his plans.
- Weapon of Mass-Destruction Nova (破壊兵器・ノヴァ Hakai Heiki Nova, 18-19): Created by Gien and powered by Zeta-3. Put through the freezing-compression system and unleashed, Gien enlarged his creation to destroy the city. With Time Robo still damaged from its fight with Sandoora, the Raimei is deployed to destroy the robot, but Nova proves superior and destroys the Raimei with almost no trouble. Everything seems hopeless until Time Shadow arrives, able to withstand Nova's arsenal and destroy the fierce robot. However, the explosion from Nova's destruction allows Pierre of the Saima Clan to be revived, which is learned much later.
- Mecha Crisis (メカ・クライシス Meka Kuraishisu, 46-47): Created by Gien and powered by Zeta-3, Crisis was sent to destroy the city. Time Fire and the Timerangers battled it until it enlarged itself, with V-Rex and the Time Flyer fighting it. Once hearing he can destroy it, Time Fire and V-Rex use Max Burning to scrap the robot.
- Neo-Crisis (ネオ・クライシス Neo Kuraishisu, 48-50): Gien's final robot, created to battle the V-Rex. Powered by Lambda 2000, it was also programmed to synchronize with its creator's movements. Once fully functional and enlarged, Gien pilots Neo-Crisis to began his reign of destruction. Time Fire arrives, with V-Rex, and the two giants engage in a battle, which also ensures the ravaging of the, via 2001, century. After defeating V-Rex, Gien decides to find something else for Neo-Crisis to destroy, while the Time-Pulses worsened, until the robot started to overheat. Gien falls back to make repairs and to plan the actual date of when the third of the world is to be destroyed. During its second attack, Neo-Crisis overpowers V-Rex until Time Jet Gamma arrives and disables Neo-Crisis for a moment. Time Robo Alpha holds off NeoCrisis as Time Red converts V-Rex's Lambda 2000 to Zeta 3. Once Time Robot Beta puts Neo-Crisis in position, the robot is eventually destroyed by V-Rex's Max Burning, dissolving Gien into a sand as a result.
- G-Zord (43-44): A powerful Zeta-Sensor robot that was lost in a time experiment like the V-Rex in 2994. Though resistant to all forms of external attacks, its only weak point is its Lamada-2000 core, with an attack on it enough to actually destroy it. The G-Zord appears in the 20th century after Captain Ryuya arrives to negate the end of the 30th century by taking over Tatsuya's position as Time Red to form Shadow Beta and aim for the weakspot. Gien provokes the G-Zord into battle-mode as the V-Rex arrives, with the G-Zord retreating to heal itself. Once healed, the G-Zord resumes its attack on the city. With Time Robo Beta and Time Shadow fighting the robot, Gien uses his machine to siphon the Mute-O energy from the G-Zord, leaving it partically active until Tatsuya destroys the machine and restores the energy. After the Timerangers convinces Ryuya into giving the Chrono Changer back to Tatsuya, Tatsuya is able to come up with a strategy which allowed the Timerangers to defeat the G-Zord for good by having Time Robo Alpha ride on the V-Rex's back as Riding Time Robo, and then jump off it to move in from behind and strike the G-Zord's weak spot with its sword. While the G-Zord's remains are taken by the City Guardians, its destruction not only saves the 30th century but slightly alters its history as well. The name "Zord" is not usually used by Super Sentai, but is standard in Power Rangers.
Episodes (Case Files)
Each episode would end/begin with a date, in keeping with the case file theme.
- The Time Fugitives (時の逃亡者 Toki no Tōbōsha)
- The Unseen Future (見えない未来 Mienai Mirai)
- Acceleration of Dreams (夢の加速度 Yume no Kasokudo)
- The Hostage is an Alien (人質は異星人 Hitojichi wa Iseijin)
- The Third Combination (第３の合体 Daisan no Gattai)
- The Fabricated Invitee (偽りの招待客 Itsuwari no Shōtaikyaku)
- Domon Hospitalized (ドモン入院中 Domon Nyūinchū)
- An Artistic Explosion (芸術に爆発を Geijutsu ni Bakuhatsu o)
- The Don's Depression (ドンの憂鬱 Don no Yūutsu)
- The Escape to Tomorrow (明日への脱出 Ashita e no Dasshutsu)
- Death-Fight Town (死闘の町 Shitō no Machi)
- Wish Upon a Star (星に願いを Hoshi ni Negai o)
- Battle Casino (バトルカジノ Batoru Kajino)
- Dead Heat (デッドヒート Deddo Hīto)
- Sniper Searching (狙撃手（スナイパー）を探せ Sunaipā o Sagase)
- A Soba Dream (そばにある夢 Soba ni Aru Yume)
- The Twisted Holy Fist (ねじれた正拳 Nejireta Seiken)
- A Shadowy Premonition (影の予感 Kage no Yokan)
- The Moonlight Knight (月下の騎士 Gekka no Kishi)
- The Renewed Bond (新たなる絆 Aratanaru Kizuna)
- Sion's Style (シオンの流儀 Shion no Ryūgi)
- Pink Temptation (桃色の誘惑 Momoiro no Yūwaku)
- Beat Up (ビートアップ Bīto Appu)
- Yellow, Sometimes Blue (黄色、時々青 Kiiro, Tokidoki Ao)
- Broken Trust (途切れた信頼 Togireta Shinrai)
- The Countdown of Trust (信頼の秒読み（カウントダウン） Shinrai no Kauntodaun)
- The Small Hometown (小さな故郷 Chiisa na Kokyō)
- A Time of Reunion (再会の時 Saikai no Toki)
- The Fiery New Warrior (炎の新戦士 Honō no Shin Senshi)
- Report Cries of Fire (届け炎の叫び Todoke Honō no Sakebi)
- The Straying Game (迷走ゲーム Meisō Gēmu)
- Save the Criminal (犯罪者を救え Hanzaisha o Sukue)
- Little Lady (リトルレディ Ritoru Redi)
- As-sass-in (暗・殺・者 An-satsu-sha)
- Tomorrow Isn't Coming (明日が来ない Ashita ga Konai)
- Honest, as It Is (素顔のままで Sugao no Mama de)
- Targeted Power (狙われた力 Nerawareta Chikara)
- Good Night (ぐっどないと Guddo Naito)
- A Lie Soaked in Rain (雨に濡れた嘘 Ame ni Nureta Uso)
- Ayase Retires!? (アヤセ脱退！？ Ayase Dattai!?)
- Expose the Prophet (予言者を暴け Yogensha o Abake)
- The Fallen Angel of Destruction (破壊の堕天使 Hakai no Datenshi)
- The History Revision Order (歴史修正指令 Rekishi Shūsei Shirei)
- The Revolt Against Time (時への反逆 Toki e no Hangyaku)
- The End! TR (Tomorrow Research) (終末！ＴＲ（トゥモローリサーチ） Shūmatsu! Tī Āru (Tumorō Risāchi))
- The Future is no More (未来への断絶 Mirai e no Danzetsu)
- The Don's End (ドンの最期 Don no Saigo)
- The Return to the Future (未来への帰還 Mirai e no Kikan)
- Beyond the Millennium (千年を越えて Sennen o Koete)
- To an Infinite Tomorrow (無限の明日へ Mugen no Ashita e)
SP Super Sentai Big Gathering (Special Compilation) (スーパー戦隊大集合（特別編） Sūpā Sentai Dai Shūgō (Tokubetsu Hen))
Mirai Sentai Timeranger Super Video: All the Strongest Hero Secrets
In this direct-to-video release, the Timerangers and Tac take their Time Jets and embark on a time-travel tour to all of the past Super Sentai timelines. Starting with Himitsu Sentai Gorenger in 1975, the Timerangers observe the strengths of each Super Sentai group.
Mirai Sentai Timeranger vs. GoGoFive
Taking place between cases 35 and 36, on October 25, 2000, the Timerangers confront the Londers criminal Boribaru who somehow resists the Escalation process once hit by the Voltech Bazooka and runs off. This infuriates Matoi Tatsumi, who with his siblings were dealing with the fire Boribaru caused to call the Timerangers out, and he criticizes the Timerangers for lacking any spirit. Later, unaware of their civilian identities, the Tatsumi Siblings arrive to Tomorrow Research to get help in finding their father who mysteriously disappeared along with their V Braces. When Tac alerts them to a Londers attack, the Timerangers confront relatives of the Londers Prisoners they defeated with the Tatsumi siblings watching them transform from afar. By that time, is it revealed that the Londer Prisoners' new found invincibility was the work of Spell Master Pierre, the surviving servant of the Psyma Family. However, just as Pierre was about to get his revenge, Mondo arrives to his children's aid and gives them their V Braces to help the Timerangers. The two Sentai teams fight the prisoners until Pierre makes Boribaru powerful enough to create a time/space distortion that sucks all combatants into pocket dimensions. While others fight for their lives against the prisoners with their transformation devices disabled, Pierre tries to stop Mondo from getting the Sentai teams back until TimeFire intervenes. Having Naoto call in V Rex, who scares Pierre away, Tac links himself to the it's Chrono Unit while having Naoto order his robot to create a time hole for the teams to assume their Sentai forms and defeat the Prisoners while returning to their time. With Time Fire joining in, the TimeRangers and GoGo V teams manage to freeze the Londers Relatives. However, ditched behind by Don Dolnero and his group, Pierre is forced to use a Saima Fusion spell with Boribaru to become Pierre Bori who overpowers Shadow Alpha, reverting it down to Time Robo Alpha. But in a gambit that could tear the fabric of time asunder, Mondo takes advantage to Time Robo's hammer time space to call MaxLiner and GoLiner from 1999 so the GoGoFive can form Victory Robo. With Victory Robo transferring the energies of its Victory Prominence to Time Robo, it assumes Riding Time Robo Formation to V Rex to execute Pressure Prominence to both destroy Pierre and arrest Boribaru. Soon after, as the GoGoFive mecha return to 1999, the two sentai teams part on good terms.
- Tatsuya Asami, Captain Ryuya: Masaru Nagai (永井 大 Nagai Masaru) (Played as "永井 マサル")
- Yuri: Mika Katsumura (勝村 美香 Katsumura Mika)
- Ayase: Yūji Kido (城戸 裕次 Kido Yūji)
- Sion: Masahiro Kuranuki (倉貫 匡弘 Kuranuki Masahiro)
- Domon: Shūhei Izumi (和泉 宗兵 Izumi Shūhei) (Played as Tomohide Koizumi (小泉 朋英 Koizumi Tomohide))
- Naoto Takizawa: Shinji Kasahara (笠原 紳司 Kasahara Shinji)
- Wataru Asami: Fujita Okamoto (岡本 富士太 Okamoto Fujita)
- Lila: Asami Kuru (久瑠 あさ美 Kuru Asami)
- Time Red, V-Rex: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Time Pink: Motokuni Nakagawa (中川 素州 Nakagawa Motokuni)
- Time Blue, Time Green, V-Rex Robo: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro)
- Time Green: Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi)
- Time Yellow, Time Robo Alpha, Time Robo Beta, Shadow Alpha, Shadow Beta: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki)
- Time Fire: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko)
- Don Dornelo: Osamu Ōnishi (大西 修 Ōnishi Osamu)
- Londers Family, Junk Droid Zenitt: Masaru Ōbayashi (大林 勝 Ōbayashi Masaru), Fumiya Toei (藤榮史哉 Tōei Fumiya), Makoto Ito (伊藤 慎 Itō Makoto), Takashi Shigata (四方 宗 Shigata Takashi), Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi)
- Opening theme
- "JIKŪ ~Mirai Sentai Timeranger~" (JIKŪ ～未来戦隊タイムレンジャー～ Jikū ~Mirai Sentai Taimurenjā~)
- Lyrics: Yoshie Isogai (磯谷 佳江 Isogai Yoshie)
- Composition & Arrangement: Kōichirō Kameyama
- Artist: Kumi Sasaki (佐々木 久美 Sasaki Kumi)
- Ending theme
- "Toki no Kanata e" (時の彼方へ, "Into Time")
- Lyrics: Shōichi Yoshii (吉井 省一 Yoshii Shōichi)
- Composition & Arrangement: Kōichirō Kameyama
- Artist: NAT'S
- "BEYOND ALL SPACE AND TIME"
- Artist: Kumi Sasaki (佐々木 久美 Sasaki Kumi)
- Timeranger vs. GoGoFive's ending theme. An English version of the series opening theme.
- "Miracle Xmas" (ミラクル☆Xmas Mirakuru Ekksumasu)
- Lyrics: Kiyomi Katō
- Composition & Arrangement: Kōichirō Kameyama
- Artist: T.R.Futures (Masaru Nagai(Tatsuya), Mika Katsumura (Yuuri), Yuuji Kido(Ayase), Koizumi Tomohide (Domon), Masahiro Kuranuki (Shion))
- Episode 44's ending theme
- "ETERNAL WIND"
- Lyrics: Takako Shingetsu
- Composition & Arrangement: Kōtarō Nakagawa
- Artist: Naritaka Takayama
- Episode 45's ending theme
- "Mirai No Yukue" (未来のゆくえ, The Future's Location)
- Lyrics: Yoshie Isogai
- Composition, Arrangement, & Performance: Motoyoshi Iwasaki
- Final episode's ending theme
- "Don't Stop Your Story!"
- Lyrics: Yukari Yamato
- Composition & Arrangement: Taku Iwasaki
- Artist: T.R.Futures
- Special Compilation's ending theme