|Look up yumi in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Michiko is a Japanese given name, used for females. Although written romanized the same way, the Japanese language written forms (kanji, katakana, hiragana) can be different. Common forms include:
- 美智子 — "beautiful wise child"
- 美千子 — "child of a thousand beauties"
- 見知子 — "child of recognition"
- 典子 — "born on a lucky planet"
- 道子 — "child of the way"
- 路子 — "child of the road"
- 倫子 — "child of morals"
- 皆子 — "child of all"
- 通子 — "child of passage"
Phonetic spellings (no particular meaning):
- Michiko Shoda (正田 美智子), later Empress Michiko of Japan
- Michiko Fukushima (長谷川-福島 實智子), a Japanese sport shooter from Kumaishi, Hokkaidō Japan
- Michiko Godai (五大 路子), Japanese actress from Yokohama, Japan
- Michiko Hada (羽田 美智子), an actress from Mitsukaido, Japan
- Michiko Hattori (服部道子), Japanese professional golfer and former Player of the Year on the Japan LPGA
- Michiko Hamamura (浜村 美智子), Japanese singer and actress from Osaka, Japan
- Horibe Michiko (堀部美智子), a Japanese ski mountaineer and telemark skier
- Michiko Inukai (犬養 道子), Japanese Roman-Catholic author and philanthropist
- Michiko Ishimure (石牟礼道子), a Japanese writer
- Michiko Kakutani (角谷 美智子), an American literary critic
- Michiko Kashiwabara (柏原 理子), a Japanese cross country skier who competed at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games
- Michiko Katagiri, paralympic swimmer from Japan
- Michiko Kichise (吉瀬 美智子), a Japanese actress
- Michiko Kon (今道子), Japanese photographer
- Michiko Kono, Japanese former cricketer
- Michiko Koshino (小篠 美智子), a Japanese fashion designer
- Michiko Maeda (前田通子), Japanese film and television actress from Osaka
- Michiko Matsumoto (松本 路子), Japanese photographer
- Michiko Nagai (永井路子), Japanese historical fiction writer
- Michiko Neya (根谷 美智子), a voice actress from Echizen, Fukui Japan
- Michiko Nishiwaki (西脇 美智子), a Japanese stunt woman, actress, martial artist, and former female bodybuilder
- Michiko Nomura (野村 道子), a voice actress
- Michiko Naruke (なるけ みちこ), a Japanese video game composer
- Michiko Okada, Japanese professional golfer who played on the LPGA of Japan Tour
- Michiko Shimizu (清水ミチコ), a Japanese comedian
- Michiko Shiokawa (塩川 美知子), retired Japanese volleyball player who competed in the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Michiko Suganuma (菅沼 三千子), Kamakura-bori now Wagae-nuri artist from Japan
- Michiko Tanaka (田中路子, 1913-1988), a Japanese actress and singer who was married to German stage and film actor Viktor de Kowa
- Michiko Yamamoto (山本道子, real name Michiko Furuya), a Japanese writer
- Michiko Yokote (横手 美智子), a Japanese screenwriter
- Michiko Malandro (ミチコ・マランドロ), protagonist of the anime series Michiko to Hatchin
- Daimon Michiko, a character from the Japanese drama series Doctor X: Gekai Daimon Michiko.