From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
MTA Regional Bus Operations operates local and express buses out of a number of bus depots in all five boroughs of New York City, United States. Some of these depots were once car barns for streetcars, while others were built later and have only served buses.
New York City Transit Authority has two major central maintenance facilities that serves in the New York City area. The Grand Avenue Central Maintenance Facility is located adjacent to the Grand Avenue Depot in Maspeth and the Zerega Avenue Central Maintenance Facility is located at 750 Zerega Avenue in the Bronx. Both maintenance facilities are responsible for major reconstruction of buses needed to repair with various work shop, motor repair, engine rebuild, transmission shop and body component area on New York City Transit Authority's bus fleet and surface transportation training/institutional facility. Zerega Avenue is responsible for registry of new buses in the fleet. The Central Maintenance Facilities also provide these services for the MTA Bus Company, the other brand of MTA Regional Bus Operations sister to New York City Transit.
The Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority (MaBSTOA), a subsidiary of the New York City Transit Brand, operates all the local routes in the Bronx except the BxM express routes, the Bx23 and the Q50 local routes. The BxM express routes, the Bx23 and the Q50 local routes are operated under the MTA Bus Company brand. All Bronx Depots Including Eastchester and Yonkers Depot are represented by TWU local 100
The Amsterdam Depot was located in the block bounded by Amsterdam Avenue, Convent Avenue, and 128th and 129th Streets in Manhattanville, Manhattan. The MTA shut down the Amsterdam Depot's bus operations on September 7, 2003, the day the new 100th Street Depot opened. The depot was part of the Manhattan Division until spring 1998, when it was transferred to the Bronx Division due to the opening of the Michael J. Quill Depot and the closure of the Walnut Depot. The depot was once a Third Avenue Railway car barn. On January 6, 2008, MTA reopened the depot temporarily because of a rehabilitation project at the Mother Clara Hale Depot. Amsterdam Depot closed on June 27, 2010 due to service cuts. The M1 & M7 routes was transferred to Manhattanville Depot, while the M98 route went to the Michael J. Quill Depot. This garage now houses the museum bus fleet.
The Eastchester Depot is located on Tilotson Avenue near Conner Street off of the New England Thruway (Interstate 95) in the Eastchester neighborhood of the Bronx, New York. It is currently owned by Edward Arrigonni, former president of New York Bus Service, and is leased to the City of New York and MTA Bus Company for twenty years with an option to purchase same afterwards. This depot also contains a major storage facility along with the MTA scrap storage facility, as well as a major bus overhaul and repair facility/shops and a smaller central maintenance facility for all type of buses. Dispatched from Eastchester are as follows;
LOCAL - Bx23, Q50.
EXPRESS - BxM6, BXM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10.
The Gun Hill Depot is located at 1910 Bartow Avenue , just west of the New England Thruway in Baychester, Bronx. It opened on September 10, 1989, and was the first NYCTA depot to use solar panels, which now provide about 40% of the depot's power. Gun Hill Depot is also the only New York City Transit bus garage to be built on previously undeveloped land. Currently the Bx12-SBS Select Bus Service is dispatched from this depot. Articulated buses used on - Bx4/4A, Bx-5, Bx12/12-SBS, Bx22, Bx39, Bx40, Bx42. rush hours also on Bx-28, Bx-38. Bus routes dispatched from Gun Hill are as follows;
LOCAL - Bx4, Bx4A, Bx5, Bx12, Bx12SBS, Bx16, Bx22, Bx24, Bx26, Bx28, Bx29, Bx30, Bx34, Bx38, Bx39, Bx40, Bx42.
Local Route Shared for Rush Hour- BX31(shared with West Farms)
The Kingsbridge Depot is located in the block bounded by Ninth Avenue, Tenth Avenue, and 216th and 218th Streets in Inwood, Manhattan. Two blocks to the south is the New York City Subway's 207th Street Yard. The depot was originally a car barn, and became the location of the central repair shop in 1947, when the 65th Street Shops closed. In 1948, the shop was again relocated to the depot in Yonkers. The original 1897 depot stood until 1990. Today, Kingsbridge Depot consists of two separate buildings; one for maintenance and one for bus storage. Articulated buses used on Bx1, Bx2, Bx9, Bx41, Bx55, rush hours also on M100. Dispatched from Kingsbridge are the following;
LOCAL - Bx1, Bx2, Bx3, Bx7, Bx9, Bx10, Bx13, Bx18, Bx20, Bx41, Bx55, M100.
The site of the Mother Clara Hale Depot, formerly named the 146th Street Depot until 1993, fills the block bounded by Lenox Avenue, Seventh Avenue, and 146th and 147th Streets in Harlem, Manhattan. The depot is named for Harlem humanitarian Clara Hale.
The site of the depot was initially home to the Lenox Avenue Car House, a car barn and power station, built by the Metropolitan Street Railway for their Lenox Avenue Line, the first line in the city to use conduit electrification. The line and depot began service on July 9, 1895. The New York City Omnibus Corporation, which had replaced the former trolley lines with bus routes in 1936, began constructing a new bus garage on the site in 1938. Operations from the new depot began on July 31, 1939.
The previous depot building closed in January 2008 and was demolished in spring 2009. A new garage is being built on the site, scheduled for completion by 2013. To make up for a lost depot, the Amsterdam Depot reopened temporarily, with some routes shifted to Manhattanville and West Farms.
The West Farms Depot is located along East 177th Street and next to a terminated Sheridan Expressway in West Farms, Bronx section of the Bronx. Opened on September 7, 2003 on the site of the former Coliseum Depot. Articulated buses used on Bx15, Bx19, rush hours also on Bx36. Dispatched from West Farms are the following;
LOCAL - Bx6, Bx8, Bx11, Bx15, Bx17, Bx19, Bx21, Bx27, Bx31, Bx32, Bx33, Bx35, Bx36.
The Yonkers Depot is located at 59 Babcock Place in Yonkers, New York. Originally owned by Riverdale Transit Inc. and sold to Liberty Lines Express, it is currently owned and operated by MTA Bus, and only operates express bus service between Yonkers, Western Bronx, and Manhattan. Yonkers Depot dispatches the following routes;
EXPRESS - BXM1, BXM2, BXM3, BXM4, BXM11, BXM18.
All but two Brooklyn local and six Brooklyn express routes are operated by the New York City Transit brand. The B100, B103 and all of the BM Express routes, are operated by the MTA Bus Company brand. All Depots But Spring Creek are represented by TWU Local 100 and Spring Creek is Represented by ATU Local 1181.
UPDATE NOTICE: As of January 6, 2013 - the following route shifting has taken place at 12:01AM, and are as follows,
B-7 from East New York Depot to Fresh Pond Depot. B38 (most if not all runs) from Fresh Pond Depot to Grand Avenue Depot to make room for the B-7. B-39 reestablished to Grand Avenue Depot.
The East New York Depot is located at One Jamaica Avenue  at Bushwick Avenue in East New York, Brooklyn, just east of the New York City Subway's East New York Yard. The depot opened in 1859 as a car barn for the Broadway Railroad's Broadway Line. Dispatched from East New York Depot are as follows; LOCAL - B12, B14, B15, B17, B25, B42, B45, B65, B82, B83, Q24, Q56.
The Flatbush Depot is located in Flatlands, Brooklyn, near the Kings Plaza shopping center, where a number of bus routes terminate. The depot occupies two blocks, bounded by Fillmore Avenue, East 49th Street, Avenue N, and Utica Avenue.
The Brooklyn Heights Railroad (part of the Brooklyn Rapid Transit Company) opened the depot in mid-1902 along its Flatbush Avenue Line (later the Bergen Beach Shuttle) on Avenue N. The depot, designed by architect D. R. Collin of the BRT, was intended to be the first of a new system-wide design, but few of the company's depots, mostly inherited from former streetcar operators, were rebuilt in 1949 to match. It eventually served a number of lines from the Flatbush area, including the Bergen Beach Shuttle, Flatbush Avenue Line, Nostrand Avenue Line, Ocean Avenue Line, and Utica Avenue Line. Articulated buses used on B-44, and A Train Subway Shuttle. Dispatched from Flatbush Depot are as follows;
LOCAL - B2, B31, B41, B44, B46, B49.
The Fresh Pond Depot is located on the east side of Fresh Pond Road south of Madison Street in Ridgewood, Queens, and lies just west of the Fresh Pond Yard of the New York City Subway. Dispatched from Fresh Pond Depot are as follows;
LOCAL - B7, B20, B26, B38 (Shared with Grand Ave Depot - partial weekday service only), B52, B54, Q54, Q55, Q58.
The Grand Avenue Depot is located between 47th Street and 49th Place on the north side of Grand Avenue in Maspeth, Queens. The building is on the former site of a car rental business. This modern 600,000 square feet (56,000 m2) and environmentally friendly facility is the first of its kind for New York City Transit Authority. It opened on January 6, 2008. The building design is certified Environmental Management Systems ISO 14001 specifications.
The four-story building includes four fueling and defueling stations, cleaning and storage facilities for 200 buses on the first floor, an advanced 27 bus central maintenance facility on the second floor, administrative offices for NYCT's Department of Buses on the third floor, and parking garages for MTA employees on the roof. The central maintenance facility will be able to repair and maintain the newer fleet of diesel, diesel hybrid-electric, 60-foot (18 m) articulated, express coach and compressed natural gas buses and expand the capabilities of the current East New York central maintenance facility for Brooklyn and Queens. The facility also has four environmentally friendly paint booths - self-contained units that avoid the spread of contaminants.
The building meets the needs of expanding demands of relieving the overcrowding Brooklyn Division's buses and upgrading the Department of Buses' facilities to be state-of-the-art from both environmental and technological standpoints. Dispatched from Grand Av. are the following;
LOCAL - B13, B24, B38 (Shared with Fresh Pond Depot, however has the most runs at all times), B39, B47, B48, B57, B60, B62, Q59.
The Jackie Gleason Depot, formerly the Fifth Avenue Depot until June 30, 1988, is located on the east side of Fifth Avenue between 36th and 39th Streets in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Named after Jackie Gleason, who grew up in Brooklyn and played bus driver Ralph Kramden in The Honeymooners, it is just west of the 36th-38th Street Yard of the New York City Subway. The depot was equipped with a compressed natural gas fueling station on June 7, 1999, the first NYCTA depot to support CNG buses CNG testing began in 1990, when the NYCTA was testing Transportation Manufacturing Corporation RTS-06 CNG demonstration model buses. Dispatched from Jackie Gleason Depot are the following;
LOCAL - B4, B8, B9, B11, B16, B35, B43, B61, B63, B67, B68, B69, B70.
The Spring Creek Depot is located on Flatlands Avenue east of Crescent Street in Spring Creek neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York. Originally leased to the Command Bus Company, it was previously built and owned by the New York City Department of Transportation before being sold to MTA Bus in early 2009. Due to Hurricane Sandy there is a temporary split with Far Rockaway Depot's Routes- Q22, Q35, and Q52. The following are dispatched from Spring Creek are as follows;
LOCAL - B100, B103.
EXPRESS - BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4, BM5.
The Ulmer Park Depot is located at 2449 Harway Avenue in the neighborhood of Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. The depot fills the block bounded by 25th Avenue, Bay 38th Street, Harway Avenue, and Bath Avenue. It was opened for operation in 1950 and is a single story, 118,800-square-foot (11,040 m2) building. Dispatched from Ulmer Park are as follows;
LOCAL - B1, B3, B6, B36, B64, B74.
EXPRESS - X27, X28, X37, X38.
The Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority (MaBSTOA), a subsidiary of the New York City Transit Brand, operates all of the local buses in Manhattan, with the exception of those based out of 126th Street Depot. All Depots Are Represented by TWU Local 100
The 126th Street Depot fills the block bounded by First Avenue, Second Avenue, and 126th and 127th Streets, near the Harlem River Drive, Triborough Bridge, and Willis Avenue Bridge in East Harlem, Manhattan. Among bus routes it stores the buses (and serves as a northern terminal) for is the M15, the second busiest bus route in the United States, carrying over 60,000 passengers a day. The M15-SBS Select Bus Service is dispached from this depot.
It is the only depot in the division operated directly under New York City Transit and not MaBSTOA, and is also home to the first route split between a regular NYCT and OA depot (the M116). Articulated buses used on M15/15SBS, and M60. 126 Street Depot dispatches the following routes;
LOCAL- M15, M15SBS, M31, M35, M60, M116 (shared with Manhattanville).
EXPRESS - X80 (Special Events Only).
The Manhattanville Depot, formerly the 132nd Street Depot, is located in the block bounded by Broadway, Riverside Drive, and 132nd and 133rd Streets in Manhattanville, Manhattan. Manhattanville dispatches the following routes;
LOCAL - M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M7, M10, M11, M-116 (shared with 126 St.).
Local Route Shared for Rush Hour- M98 (shared with Michael J. Quill)
The Michael J. Quill Depot fills the block bounded by Eleventh Avenue, the West Side Highway, 40th Street, and 41st Street in Midtown Manhattan. The depot opened in spring 1998 as the Westside Depot, replacing the Walnut Depot and 100th Street Depot (the latter since reopened), and was renamed after Michael J. Quill, one of the founders of the Transport Workers Union of America, on July 13, 2000. The depot is the former New York headquarters and bus garage for Greyhound Lines, which sold it to the New York City Transit Authority in 1996. Articulated buses used on M14A/14D, M23, M79, rush hours also on M98. Dispatched from Michael J. Quill Depot are as follows;
LOCAL - M8, M9, M14A, M14D, M20, M21, M22, M23, M34SBS, M34ASBS, M42, M50, M57, M66, M72, M79, M98, M104.
Local Route Shared for Rush Hour- M86 (Shared With Tuskegee Airmen) 
The Tuskegee Airmen Depot, formerly named 100th Street Depot, is located at 1552 Lexington Avenue, filling the block bounded by Park Avenue, Lexington Avenue, and 99th and 100th Streets of East Harlem. The depot was closed in spring 1998 - when the Michael J. Quill Depot opened - and reopened on September 7, 2003, taking on a number of routes from the Hudson Depot. The facility has drawn the ire of many East Harlem residents, many citing the high asthma rates in the area and the fact that the depot is in a residential area. It was formerly a car barn for streetcars on the Lexington Avenue Line. Articulated buses used on M-86, M-101, M-102, M-103. Dispatched from Tuskegee Airmen Depot are as follows;
LOCAL - M86, M96, M101, M102, M103, M106
Local Route Shared for Rush Hour- M79 (Shared With Michael J. Quill)
Presently, MTA Regional Bus Operations operate various local and express routes under New York City Transit and MTA Bus Company. Three MTA Bus Company Queens Division depots are members of Transport Workers Union Local 100. All Queens NYCT Depots, Far Rockaway Depot & JFK Depot are members of Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1056 and 1179 of Queens, New York.
UPDATE NOTICE: As of January 6, 2013 - the following route shifting has taken place at 12:01AM, and are as follows,
QM-12 from LaGuardia Depot to College Point Depot. QM-15 and QM-18 from JFK Depot to Far Rockaway Depot.
The Baisley Park Depot, located on Guy R. Brewer Boulevard and Linden Boulevard in South Jamaica, in the New York City borough of Queens. It is currently owned by GTJ Reit Inc. (Green, Triboro, Jamaica) Realty Investment Trust, Inc, successor to the former operators. Jamaica Buses was the former operator of this facility and is currently leased to the City of New York and MTA Bus. This depot dispatches the following routes;
LOCAL - Q110, Q111, Q112, Q113.
EXPRESS - QM21.
The Casey Stengel Depot, formerly the Flushing Depot, is located on the south side of Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park in Queens, west of 126th Street and east of the New York City Subway's Corona Yard. The depot is named after Casey Stengel, former manager of the New York Yankees and New York Mets, and is near Citi Field, where the Mets play. Articulated buses used on Q-44. This depot dispatches the following routes;
LOCAL - Q12, Q13, Q15, Q15A, Q16, Q20A, Q20B, Q26, Q28, Q31, Q32, Q44, Q48, Q76.
The College Point Depot, located on 28th Avenue near Ulmer St in the College Point section of Queens, is a bus garage built and owned by the NYCDOT and leased to MTA Bus, and formerly leased to Queens Surface Corporation before it was taken over by MTA Bus. This garage dispatches the following routes;
LOCAL - Q19, Q25, Q34, Q38, Q64, Q65, Q66.
EXPRESS - QM1, QM2, QM3, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM7, QM8, QM10, QM11, QM12, QM20. .
The Far Rockaway Depot is situated on Rockaway Beach Boulevard and Beach 49th Street in Arverne, Queens. On January 9, 2006, MTA Bus took over bus routes that had previously been operated by Green Bus Lines. The depot, as well as JFK Depot, was originally owned by GTJ Reit Inc, and formerly used by Green Bus Lines, Inc. before being sold to MTA Bus in 2012. The Far Rockaway Depot has two storage lots and a maintenance facility. Recently an annex has been built to support more buses. Far Rockaway Depot dispatches the following routes;
LOCAL - Q-11 (shared with JFK), Q22, Q35, Q52.
EXPRESS - QM15, QM16, QM17, QM18.
Currently, Far Rockaway Depot is closed due to damage from Hurricane Sandy and its fleet is currently housed at Building 78 on the grounds of John F. Kennedy International Airport, about 2 blocks away from the JFK Depot and the Q22, Q35 and Q52 are temporarly shared with Spring Creek Depot.
The Jamaica Depot is located on the west side of Merrick Boulevard between South Road and 107th Avenue in South Jamaica, Queens. Constructed in 1940, it is the oldest existing New York City Transit Depots. Jamaica Depot dispatches the following routes;
LOCAL - Q3, Q4, Q5, Q17, Q30, Q42, Q77, Q84, Q85.
John F. Kennedy Bus Depot or (JFK Depot) along with Far Rockaway Depot are the MTA Bus garages that were formerly operated by Green Bus Lines and were assumed by MTA Bus on January 9, 2006. The depot, as well as Far Rockaway Depot, was originally owned by GTJ Reit Inc, and formerly used by Green Bus Lines, Inc. before being sold to MTA Bus in 2012. JFK Depot is Located at 147th Avenue and Rockaway Boulevard near JFK Airport. Dispatched out of JFK Depot are the following routes;
LOCAL - Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9, Q10, Q11 (shared with Far Rockaway), Q21, Q37, Q40, Q41, Q60.
Established on February 20, 2006, The LaGuardia Depot is located on 85th Street and 23rd Avenue in the East Elmhurst / Jackson Heights neighborhood of Queens, New York near LaGuardia Airport. It is currently owned by GTJ Reit Inc. Triboro Coach Corporation was the previous operator of this facility, and is currently leased to the City of New York and MTA Bus Company. Dispatched from LaGuardia Depot are the following routes; LOCAL - Q18, Q23, Q29, Q33, Q39, Q47, Q49, Q53, Q67, Q69, Q72, Q100, Q101, Q102, Q103, Q104.
EXPRESS - QM24, QM25, X81(Special Events Only). 
The Queens Village Depot is located on 97-11 222nd Street between 97th and 99th Avenues in Queens Village, Queens. The depot was opened on September 8, 1974 and it is on the site of what was Dugan's Bakery. It has 202,178 square feet (18,783.0 m2) of space. The Queens Village Depot building won an Award Honor for engineering excellence from the New York Association of Consulting Engineers. Queens Village Depot dispatches the following bus routes; LOCAL - Q1, Q2, Q27, Q36, Q43, Q46, Q83, Q88.
EXPRESS - X63, X64, X68.
UPDATE NOTICE: As of January 6, 2013 - the following route shifting has taken place at 12:01AM, and are as follows,
Charleston Depot will operate Monday thru Friday only. See Charleston Depot section for further details.
The Castleton Depot is located on 1390 Castleton Avenue and fills the block bounded by Jewett Avenue, Hurst Street, Castleton Avenue, and Rector Street in West New Brighton. The depot can store 370 buses.
Until Yukon Depot opened, Castleton Depot was known as Staten Island Depot. Castleton Depot dispatches the following routes; LOCAL - S40, S42, S-46, S-48, S51, S52, S53, S54, S66, S76, S81, S86, S90, S93, S96, S98.
Local Route on weekends from Charleston - S78
EXPRESS -X3 (shared with Yukon), X7(shared with Yukon & Charleston), X10, X11 (shared with Meridith), X14.
Express Routes Shared during Rush Hours-X1 (shared with Yukon & Charleston), X12 (shared with Meridith)
The Charleston Depot is located at 4700 Arthur Kill Road near the Outerbridge Crossing in Charleston, Staten Island. The facility includes an 87,000-square-foot (8,100 m2), two-story building, with enough room to service and maintain 220 express buses. It includes outdoor parking for the buses and employees. This new depot relieves the pressure between the Castleton and Yukon bus depots which had limited bus storage space. It also helps expand express bus service in Staten Island and is expected to improve service for 36,000 Staten Islanders who take express buses each day. The construction began in April 2008, completed in late 2010. The depot officially opened for operations on January 9, 2011. As of January 2013 The Depot became a Monday to Friday Operation. Charleston Depot dispatches the following routes;
LOCAL - S55, S56, S74*, S78*, S84.
EXPRESS -X2 (shared with Yukon), X4 (shared with Yukon), X5 (shared with Yukon), X7 (shared with Castleton & Yukon ), X8 (shared with Yukon), X17 (shared with Yukon and operated by Yukon during weekends and holidays), X19, X22, X22A, X31.
Express Route Shared During Rush Hour- X1 (shared with Yukon & Caselton) 
This depot is located at 336 Meredith Avenue at Chelsea Avenue in Chelsea. It houses 75 express buses. Buses are rotated from the Yukon, Charleston and Castleton Depots. Currently, the Meredith Avenue depot was closed due to damage from Hurricane Sandy. In January 2013, the depot re-opened. The following routes were dispatched from Meredith Av. Depot;
EXPRESS - X11 (shared with Castleton), X12, X15, X30, X42.
Express Routes Shared during Rush Hours—X10(Shared With Castleton), X14(Shared With Castleton)
The Yukon Depot is located on 40 Yukon Avenue between Richmond Avenue and Forest Hill Road in the center of Staten Island, near Fresh Kills Park and south of the Staten Island Mall. The depot can store 400 buses.
Most routes from the Eltingville Transit Center are dispatched from Yukon Depot and many express routes start and end their routes there (the X1, X4, X5, X7,and X8. It also provides extra express bus parking. The following bus routes are dispatched from Yukon depot; LOCAL - S44, S57, S59, S61, S62, S79SBS, S89, S91, S92, S94.
Local Route Shared for Rush Hour- S54 (Shared With Charleston)
Local Route on weekends from Charleston-S74
EXPRESS - X1, X2 (shared with Charleston), X3 (shared with Castleton), X4 (shared with Charleston), X5 (shared with Charleston), X7 (shared with Castleton & Charleston), X8(shared with Charleston), X9, X17 (shared with Charleston)
The 54th Street Depot was located on Ninth Avenue, between 53rd Street, and 54th Street streets in Midtown Manhattan. It was originally the car barn of the Ninth Avenue Railroad. This depot was demolished, and is currently the Rapid Transit Division's Rail Command Control Center.
The Crosstown Depot is located at 65 Commercial Street in the neighborhood of Greenpoint, Brooklyn. It was open in July 1949 as the Crosstown Trolley Coach and Car Depot to serve 78 trolley coaches and 60 trolley cars. The depot held 120 buses at capacity. At one time, it operated ten lines: B18 (discontinued), B24, B29 (now part of the B24), B30 (discontinued), B39 (discontinued/reestablished 2013), B48, B59 (now Q59), B60, B61 (since split into a new B61 and B62), and B62 (now part of the B43). The depot operations ended on November 7, 1981 because of service reductions and operating cost. It is converted to paint shop and road service operations.
The Hudson Depot or Hudson Pier Depot was located on Hudson River Pier 57 at 15th Street in the present Hudson River Park in Chelsea, Manhattan. It was opened in 1971 and closed on September 7, 2003, transferring all of its routes to the reopened Michael J. Quill Depot (except the M11, transferred to Manhattanville).
The Walnut Depot was located on 132nd Street east of the Hell Gate Bridge in Port Morris, Bronx. The NYCTA bought the depot from the F. W. Woolworth Company for $1.8 million in 1979, and opened it to buses in mid-1983, replacing the old outmoded West Farms Depot. See West Farms Depot (old) below for further details. The depot was sold to the New York Post for a new printing plant and closed in spring 1998, replaced by the Michael J. Quill Depot.
The old West Farms Depot was located at the southwest corner of Boston Road and 175th Street in West Farms, Bronx. Built in 1894 by the Union Railway as a car barn, it was used to store and maintain buses until mid-1983, when it was replaced by the Walnut Depot. See Walnut Depot above for further details. The nearby former Coliseum Depot was renamed the West Farms Depot when it reopened in 2003.