Medical humanities is an interdisciplinary field of medicine which includes the humanities (literature, philosophy, ethics, history and religion), social science (anthropology, cultural studies, psychology, sociology), and the arts (literature, theater, film, and visual arts) and their application to medical education and practice. Medical humanities is also defined as an interdisciplinary,and increasingly international endeavor that draws on the creative and intellectual strengths of diverse disciplines,including literature, art, creative writing, drama, film,music, philosophy, ethical decision making, anthropology, and history, in pursuit of medical educational goals.
- ^ Aull, Felice. "Medical Humanities". Medical Humanities Community. New York University School of Medicine. http://medhum.med.nyu.edu. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- ^ Kirklin, D (2003 Oct). "The Centre for Medical Humanities, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, England.". Academic medicine : journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges 78 (10): 1048–53. PMID 14534108.
- http://www.uth.tmc.edu/hhhs/ McGovern Center for Humanities and Ethics, University of Texas Medical School at Houston
- http://www.stfm.org/fmhub/fm2002/feb02/lame.pdf The Doctor: A Seminal Video for Cinemeducation by Matthew Alexander, PhD Family Medicine 2002
- http://johnwaits.typepad.com/tfmr_clinic_pearls/2010/04/cinemeducation-using-film-in-medical-education.html Cinemeducation
- http://www.dur.ac.uk/cmh/ Centre for Medical Humanities, Durham University
- http://www.kcl.ac.uk/research/groups/chh/ Centre for the Humanities and Health, King's College London
- http://www.meded.uci.edu/Medhum/index.html UC Irvine School of Medicine Medical Humanities and Arts
- http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/humanities/ University of Sydney Centre for Medical Humanities
- http://litmed.med.nyu.edu/Main?action=new Literature, Arts, and Medicine Database at NYU School of Medicine
- http://www.stonybrook.edu/bioethics/ Center for Medical Humanities, Compassionate Care, and Bioethics at Stony Brook University
- http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/critical/research/researchcentresandnetworks/mhrc/ Medical Humanities Research Centre at the University of Glasgow
- http://www.ea-journal.com/ Eä - Journal of Medical Humanities & Social Studies of Science and Technology
- http://www.ccdc.in/theatre-oppressed-medical-humanities : Centre for Community Dialogue and Change, Bengaluru, India : Theatre of the Oppressed in Medical Humanities Education