Masami Okui, a Japanese Rock/Pop/Anison singer
|Meaning||It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used|
|Region of origin||Japan|
|Look up Masami in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Masami (まさみ,マサミ,雅美) is a common Japanese given name and can be given to either sex.
- 惟美, meaning "Considerate beauty"
- 真己, meaning "True self" or "Truth, Snake"
- 昌美, meaning "Prosperous beauty"
- 雅美, meaning "Gracious beauty"
- 成美, meaning "Become beautiful"
- マサミ in (katakana)
- まさみ in (hiragana)
- Masami Akita (秋田 昌美), Japanese Noise musician
- Masami Anno, Japanese director of the anime series Chūka Ichiban! which is based on the manga series of the same name
- Masami Horiuchi (堀内 正美), Japanese actor
- Masami Kikuchi (菊池 正美), Japanese voice actor
- Masami Kobayashi (小林仁, 1890-1977), admiral in the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II
- Masami Kubota, Japanese former gymnast who competed in the 1956 Summer Olympics
- Masami Kurumada (車田 正美), Japanese writer and manga artist known for his works such as Ring ni Kakero, Fūma no Kojirō, Saint Seiya, and B't X
- Masami Kuwashima (桑島 正美), Japanese former racecar driver
- Masami Mitsuoka (光岡昌美), Japanese pop singer
- Masami Nagasawa (長澤 まさみ), Japanese TV drama and movie actress
- Masami Ōbari (大張正己), Japanese anime character designer and director
- Masami Odate (大館 昌美), Japanese professional wrestler
- Masami Okui (奥井 雅美), Japanese pop musician
- Masami Shiratama (白玉 雅己), Japanese musical composer and former bass guitarist for the band Porno Graffitti
- Masami Suzuki (鈴木 真仁), voice actress from Japan
- Masami Tanaka (田中 雅美), Olympic bronze medalist
- Masami Teraoka, Japanese-American watercolor artist who mimics the style of traditional Japanese wood-block prints
- Masami Tsuchiya, Japanese singer-songwriter and musician
- Masami Tsuda (津田 雅美), Japanese manga artist; creator of Kare Kano
- Masami Yoshida (吉田 雅美), Japanese javelin thrower
- Masami Yūki (ゆうきまさみ), Japanese manga artist; creator of Patlabor