Mahou Sentai Magiranger (魔法戦隊マジレンジャー Mahō Sentai Majirenjā, [Note 1]), is Toei Company's twenty-ninth production of the Super Sentai television series. The action footage was used in Power Rangers Mystic Force and both shows had scenes simultaneously shot in New Zealand. The main themes of this series are courage and love of family. This series was dubbed into Korean under the Power Rangers Magic Force title.
The catchphrases of the series are "Magic, it's a sacred power! Magic, it`s an adventure to the unknown! Magic, and it`s a proof of courage!" (魔法、それは聖なる力！ 魔法、それは未知への冒険！ 魔法、そしてそれは勇気の証！ Mahō, sore wa seinaru chikara! Mahō, sore wa michi e no bōken! Mahō, soshite sore wa yūki no akashi!) and "Divine! Adventurous! Courageous! It's just MAGIC".
A war between the Infershia and Magitopia had occurred unbeknownst to humans. After being imprisoned within the Earth for fifteen years, the Infershia have returned to get revenge from their imprisonment. When the Infershia attack, five siblings witness their mother change in front of them and she hands them MagiPhones to transform into a magic team. Now endowed with magic powers, these five vow to live up to their family's legacy. They have yet to discover many more family secrets.
These five children (three brothers and two sisters) lived peacefully with their mother, believing that their father died in an expedition in Antarctica. Upon learning the truth, their mother revealed to them their family legacy. Over time, they learn their father was a Heavenly Saint. The five siblings later receive the power to turn into Legend Mode. By the end of the series, the siblings were reunited with their parents.
- Kai Ozu (小津 魁 Ozu Kai)
- The youngest of the Ozu Family, he is the Magician of the Red, Magi Red. He uses his proficiency with alchemy and his power over the element of fire to fight evil. He is headstrong, bold, and sometimes downright stubborn, but he has a brave heart.
- Tsubasa Ozu (小津 翼 Ozu Tsubasa)
- The middle son of the Ozu Family, he is the Magician of the Yellow, Magi Yellow. His specialties are potions and the element of thunder. He is generally quite cynical and sarcastic, and rarely agrees with his family. Nevertheless, he is quite clever.
- Urara Ozu (小津 麗 Ozu Urara)
- The youngest daughter and middle child of the Ozu Family, she is the Magician of the Blue, Magi Blue. Her specialties are fortune telling and the element of water. She later marries Hikaru. She rarely speaks, and sometimes her siblings tease her about being subservient to others. When she does choose to speak, it is usually very important.
- Houka Ozu (小津 芳香 Ozu Hōka)
- The eldest daughter and the second oldest child of the Ozu Family, she is the Magician of the Pink, Magi Pink. Her specialties are transformations and the element of wind. Flighty and a little ditzy, she considers herself an expert on love, and usually goes out with several boyfriends at the same time. She is also an actress.
- Makito Ozu (小津 蒔人 Ozu Makito)
- The eldest son of the Ozu Family, he is the Magician of the Green, Magi Green. His specialties are herbalism and the element of earth. He takes his responsibilities as eldest quite seriously, and tries to make sure that his siblings listen to his advice. Frequently refers to himself as nii-chan ("big bro").
- Hikaru (ヒカル)
- After Miyuki disappeared, Hikaru began to teach the Ozu children more about magic, and joined them in battle as the Heavenly Hero Magi Shine. His true identity is that of Heavenly Saint Sungel. His specialties are the elements of light and the sun.
- Miyuki Ozu (小津 深雪 Ozu Miyuki)
- The mother of the Ozu Family, she is the Magician of the White, Magi Mother. After her husband disappeared, she watched over her children by herself and kept their magical abilities a secret until Infershia started to attack the surface. Her specialty is the element of ice. Was thought to be killed in Stage 2 but later revealed that she was alive.
- Isamu Ozu (小津 勇 Ozu Isamu)
- The long lost father of the Ozu Family, he had defeated Infershia long in the past, but had been transformed into Dark Magic Knight Wolzard (魔導騎士ウルザード Madō Kishi Uruzādo) and fought the Magirangers, until regaining his memories and helping them as Wolzard Fire. His true identity is that of Heavenly Saint Blagel. Blagel absorbed N Ma's soul into his body after it was revealed that he was indeed their father. With N Ma's soul in him, Blagel continued to take on the purple Wolzard form, and aided the Magirangers in a fight against one of the Hades Gods, but used the Heavenly saint spell syllables (golu etc.) instead of the usual Uru syallables. When Blagel was defeated by Titan, Miyuki rescued him and gave him magic to become Wolzard Fire.
The Magirangers' magical powers are drawn from the Heavenly Saints (天空聖者 Tenkū Seija), magical and holy entities. Their domain is Magitopia, a heavenly paradise created by the Five Legendary Magicians. It is said that when humans are able to obtain enough magical powers they can become Heavenly Saints themselves but then lose all memories they had as humans; this nearly happened to the Ozu siblings when they gained their Legend power and formed MagiLegend for the first time, but they were saved by Hikaru's restriction spell.
The Five Legendary Magicians
These Heavenly Saints earned great power, and were the ones that created Magitopia. They were originally humans who mastered magic to the point of becoming Heavenly Saints. They are composed of the fiery Heavenly Saint Flagel (天空聖者フレイジェル Tenkū Seija Fureijeru) of the Burning Flame Element, (represented by a Magician of the Red), the knight-like Heavenly Saint Volgel (天空聖者ボルジェル Tenkū Seija Borujeru) of the Galloping Thunder Element, (represented by a Magician of the Yellow), the mermaid Heavenly Saint Splagel (天空聖者スプラジェル Tenkū Seija Supurajeru) of the Shaking Water Element, (represented by a Magician of the Blue), Heavenly Saint Wingel (天空聖者ウインジェル Tenkū Seija Uinjeru) of the Blowing Wind Element, (represented by a Magician of the Pink), and the entish Heavenly Saint Groungel (天空聖者グランジェル Tenkū Seija Guranjeru) of the Howling Earth Element, (represented by a Magician of the Green). Each Magiranger's power is drawn from his/her respective Heavenly Saint. The Five Legendary Magicians were briefly seen in the Magiranger movie emerging from their domains to greet the Ozu siblings.
Other Heavenly Saints
- Heavenly Saint Lunagel (天空聖者ルナジェル Tenkū Seija Runajeru, 15-18, Movie, 31-34, 47-49)
- Heavenly Saint of the Serene Moonlight Element (冴える月影のエレメント Saeru Tsukikage no Eremento), she was the last person to see Blagel who orders her to seal the Hades Gates with "key magic", ensuring it would stay closed as long as she lived. As she was about to leave to Magitopia, Lunagel is attacked by Raigel, losing her memory as a result and becoming a human. By present time, after years of wandering, Lunagel is unknowingly saved by Kai when Vancuria finds her. Named Rin (リン Rin) by Kai, the Magirangers managed to help her regain her memories as Lunagel. At first, she had little confidence in the Magirangers' abilities due to their kindness and sought to destroy Wolzard on the notion that he was Raigel, only to be captured as a result. After Kai saves her, Lunagel realizes that Blagel was truly kind and Wolzard is nothing like Raigel. After Branken's death, Lunagel departed to Magitopia. Later, Lunagel would aid the siblings from presenting to them Magiel to helping them master their Legend Powers. While curing those infected by Mold, Lungel reveals to the siblings more of the events of fifteen years ago relating to Blagel. In Stage 47 she appears beaten up to inform everyone that Magitopia was under attack by N Ma. She aided them in the finale. Kai considers Lunagel as another sister figure and still calls her by her human name, Rin, rather than her Heavenly Saint name.
- Heavenly Saint Chronogel (天空聖者クロノジェル Tenkū Seija Kuronojeru)
- Heavenly Saint of Time, the creator of the Reverse Magic that influences time. Seeing it too dangerous for anyone else to wield, Chronogel places a curse on Reverse Magic should anyone but himself use it, retreating into a Marudeyona World and sealing himself within a mountain. When Magi Yellow used a Reverse Magic spell to uncover an Infershia scheme, he was stricken with a horrible side effect, opening a chasm through his chest which sucked in time, appearing as a dark whirlwind. Hikaru sealed him with a barrier spell and took him to find Chronogel's Redemption Staff, the only thing that could spare those who suffer the Reverse Magic curse. After overcoming the odds, and even Wolzard's mind games, Hikaru removed the staff. Wolzard, however, used it as a chance to take out the unmoving Chronogel, killing him with a blast from his Jagun Shield. It is likely that Nai and Mea resurrected him after N Ma was annihilated by the Magirangers.
- Heavenly Saint Snowgel (天空聖者スノウジェル Tenkū Seija Sunōjeru, 30, 35, 41-42, 49)
- Heavenly Saint of the Sparkling Ice Element (煌めく氷のエレメント Kirameku Kōri no Eremento), represented by a Magician of the White, as Miyuki obtained her powers from Snowgel. Snowgel is the most senior of all the Heavenly Saints and the Five Legendary Magicians' pupil, with the power to unleash the dormant magic within a person. However, distraught from how magic brought misfortune from Miyuki and Blagel's demises and Raigel's treachery, Snowgel left Magitopia to dwell in the Marudeyona World called the Lamentation Sea, its very waters coming from Snowgel's tears. The Magirangers found Snowgel, in her guise of an infant, inside a giant fish and melted her frozen heart with their powerful courage, giving her hope as she gives them the Legend power. Snowgel later appears to aid the Magirangers against Drake, revealing her true adult form while giving Hikaru an important lesson. She later aided them in their fight against N Ma in the finale.
- Heavenly Saint Raigel (天空聖者ライジェル Tenkū Seija Raijeru)
- , the Heavenly Saint of Lightning, who betrayed the other Saints to N Ma and was sealed in a cave by Sungel before he was resurrected by N Ma and became Sorcery Priest Meemy (魔導神官メーミィ Madō Shinkan Mēmyi).
Heavenly Arch Saint Magiel
- Heavenly Archsaint Magiel (天空大聖者マジエル Tenkū Daiseija Majieru, Movie, 48-49)
- Heavenly Saint of all Magic, she is referred to as the leader and the most powerful of the Heavenly Saints. She hails from the Heavenly Temple, the highest point in Magitopia, and is a Giantess. At first she refused to let the Ozu siblings borrow Unigolon due to the fact that Magitopian law dictates that only humans can deal with matters on their own. Magiel even admitted she frowned on both Blagel's choice to sacrifice himself and Miyuki's intent to learn magic. But after seeing the same courage their parents showed, Magiel allowed them Unigolon's aid and made a later exception on the distribution of the Legendary Magicians' power to the Ozu siblings. When N Ma came to Magitopia in Stage 48, N Ma confronted Magiel, but Magiel sealed N Ma in an orb of fire called the Hollow Mirage. N Ma broke the orb and began destroying Magitopia. Before Magiel was seemingly killed, she managed to teleport Lunagel away to the human world. In the finale Magiel is revealed to have survived N Ma's assault by teleporting away to the Flower Garden of Souls. A year after N Ma's destruction, she was still getting used to a human (Urara) living on the rebuilt Magitopia.
- Mandora Boy (マンドラ坊や Mandora Bōya)
- A young Mandrake the Magiranger met when they found their secret headquarters. Despite being in a pot, he can hop around as well as fly. He can even be plucked out of the pot, which, true to his species, will cause him to emit a deafening cry, though the experience comes to him as painful (as seen in Stage 3, when Tsubasa, with headphones on, did so). He has a tendency to end most of his sentences with "de gozarimasu desu!" or "de gozarimasu desu yo!". He will often give advice to the team, particularly Kai, and introduced their individual abilities to them (such as Urara's fortune telling). He is very emotional and easily excited and tends to bicker with Smoky when he and Magi Shine joined the team. At the end of each episode when a new spell is introduced on the Magiranger's side, he explains the spell's ability. In the Movie, he grew into a Beanstalk-like ladder for the Magirangers to go to Magitopia in order to see Magiel.
- Smoky the Magical Cat (魔法猫スモーキー Mahō Neko Sumōkī, 19-49, Boukenger vs. Super Sentai)
- Hikaru's mischievous feline genie who resides in the Magi Lamp, which was found in the cave that was Raigel's tomb. He came into being from the volcano in Flagel's domain on Magitopia, causing trouble for the Magitopians with his pranks. He gathered piles of treasures until one day he opened the Annihilation Box. Though Sungel advised him against it, Smoky opened the box and was destroying him. To save him, Sungel sucked him into the Magi Lamp. Smoky was spared, but he can't last out of the lamp for more than three hours. Smoky can be released from the curse if he grants the wishes of others, but Smoky prefers to grant only one wish to whoever awakens him from his slumber, and only if he is compensated for his services. When the Ozu gang wished for Infershia to be gone, he denied their request, stating that the power the Infershia wield is greater than his own. He seems to have some limited magical powers as well, such as getting brief glimpses of the future and enlarging himself to help the gang out and by turning food into sand as a prank. Despite being a goof-off, he is a capable fighter and once piloted Travelion (though he usually just shovels the coal). He sees Urara as a mother figure and bickers with Mandora Boy now and then. He seemingly met his demise in Stage 48 protecting Urara as Dagon attacked her, but he was revived by the Nightmare Sisters to help Magi Shine for the final fight against N Ma. He returns along with Hikaru in GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai, befriending Zuban. Sakura from Boukenger identified the Magi Lamp as a Precious, even confirming it with the Accelluar showing the Hazard level as 258. She and Satoru attempted to secure as per procedure but was stopped by Smoky and Hikaru. They realized that Smoky is to the Magirangers as Zuban is to the Boukengers.
- Goddess of the Mini-Spring
- Appears in the "KaiShine vs. Magi Shine" special, a shapeless entity who takes the form of Miyuki Ozu. Kai's Magi Phone falls in the spring she protects and she offers him the Golden GripPhone or the Silver Magi Phone. She is nice and concerned; however, she tends to repeat herself.
- Yuka Yamazaki (山崎 由佳 Yamazaki Yuka, 5, 14, 25, Movie, 39, 49)
- The manager of Kai's high school soccer team. He developed a strong crush on her, though she fell in love with Magi Red, unaware that he's Kai. In the movie, King Glum do Bridon kidnapped and attempted to marry her in order to bring his Hades Beastman Berserker army into the human world. He used the Puppet's Ring to gather the souls of humans in order to make her fall in love with him but before they were to be properly wed, however, Kai, as Magi Red, burst in and performed a powerful spell that broke the power of the ring she was wearing, and, when MagiRed expressed himself the same way as Kai had earlier, Yuka knew that they were one and the same. On the last episode of Magirangers, she cheered on the Magirangers with the rest of the city to defeat N Ma. It is unknown what happened between her and Kai thereafter, as he had become the Surface World and Magitopia's ambassador to Infershia after the defeat of N Ma, but it is strongly believed that they got together.
- Eriko Ikeda (池田 江里子 Ikeda Eriko, 10, 21)
- Eriko is a haughty, self-absorbed woman who runs a restaurant that Makito often sells his vegetables to. Makito is head-over-heels in love with her, but she did not reciprocate his feelings even though he never argued with her. She gave him a small cactus (which Makito named "Petit Eriko" after her) and promised that she would date him if he made it sprout a flower. When somehow the plant sprouted flowers (due to a Hades Beast having possessed it, which also made it grow abnormally overnight), Eriko was surprised and actually confessed that the plant wasn't supposed to do that, indicating she never wanted to date Makito in the first place. However, when she became attacked by a monster version of Petit Eriko, Makito sacrificed his life to rescue her despite what she had done to him. His passion and bravery furthermore impressed her that she eventually started developing an interest in Makito, eventually becoming his girlfriend. She also appeared interested in Hikaru when he and the Magirangers returned from their extracurricular lesson in the Marudeyouna World. Eriko's interest in Hikaru further raised Makito's tension with Hikaru.
- Tetsuya (テツヤ Tetsuya, 15, 29)
- Houka's photographer friend who she was about to marry after learning that he had the Solitary Confinement Hades Three Beast Skeleton's curse; however, once he was healed through the Beast's destruction, he and Houka decided mutually to call off the wedding (their reason being that it was better to have fun staying as friends than let life become dull after they marry). His personality is similar to Houka and that alone tends to irritate Makito. When Bullrates made Houka lose her memory, Tetsuya tried to court Houka for a second time. Makito and Tsubasa made sure this wouldn't happen.
- Rei Mamiya (間宮 レイ Mamiya Rei, 28)
- A popular singer known to her fans as "Reirei". Tsubasa met her when jogging one day, mesmerized by her singing. In truth, she was killed by Neries the week before Tsubasa met her. Neries' throat was injured by Blagel fifteen years ago and so her singing voice, one of her main sources for her attacks, was disabled and thus she captured Rei's soul. Rei was forced to lure humans with her beautiful voice to Neries, who would take their lives to heal her throat. Rei soon befriended Tsubasa, who was the only one who understood her. When the Magirangers found out who Rei was, Hikaru resorted to freeing her soul from the Siren, but Tsubasa didn't want to part with her. Rei was then kidnapped and absorbed by Neries for refusing to sing for her. Rei's soul created a remedy into healing Neries' throat, but Tsubasa managed to free her. Even though Tsubasa and Rei loved each other, Rei told Tsubasa that they couldn't be together because she was already dead and Tsubasa still had a future. She disappeared into the heavens, thankful that Tsubasa was the last person who heard her song, her true song.
- Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger (特捜戦隊デカレンジャー Tokusō Sentai Dekarenjā)
- They met in the Mahou Sentai Magiranger vs. Dekaranger movie. On the ten year holiday the Ozu family had (known as "Fantastic Happy Day" to them), they all ate at the same restaurant Umeko (DekaPink) was in, but they were suddenly attacked by an Alienizer. When Urara and Jasmine (DekaYellow) were captured, the two teams worked together to protect the Flower of Heaven that was entrusted to Miyuki as well as battle a former Infershian (now an Alienizer). Kai and Ban (DekaRed) did not get along until they finally realized that they both had the same goals: to protect families. Near the end of the movie, they bonded over their mutual girlfriends.
- Akane (茜 Akane, 41-42)
- Kai's former classmate, and a pastry-chef's daughter. Kai helps her bake the Christmas cakes her family sells every holiday season, and his determination to succeed allowed successful sales in spite of the disaster she accidentally caused when Kai and Hikaru went to help her.
Underground Hades Empire Infershia
The Underground Hades Empire Infershia (地底冥府インフェルシア Chitei Meifu Inferushia) are from the Kedomono Realm at the center of the Earth, which was ruled by the mysterious N Ma. Fifteen years ago, N Ma created the Hades Gate to send his entire army to Earth, but was stopped by the Heavenly Saint Blagel. N Ma uses his agents to break the seal so he can conquer the surface world. However, over time, some of the Infershians began to realize N Ma's insane obsession of destroying Magitopia and the Ozu Family was reckless due to needless deaths. Once N Ma was destroyed, Hades Goddess Sphinx took over the Infershia to rebuild their world and start anew with Magitopia.
The various characters of Magiranger utilize magical spells to accomplish various tasks. Each magical word correspond to a digit on a phone. For example, when the Magiranger want to transform into their Magiranger forms, they use 106, which corresponds to "Maagi Magi Magiiro." and "Goolu Golu Goludiro."
- The Morning of Departure ~Maagi Magi Magiiro~ (旅立ちの朝～マージ・マジ・マジーロ～ Tabidachi no Asa ~Māji Maji Majīro~)
- Bringing out Courage ~Maagi Magi Magika~ (勇気を出して～マージ・マジ・マジカ～ Yūki o Dashite ~Māji Maji Majika~)
- Ride the Magical Dragon ~Maagi Giruma Jinga~ (魔竜に乗れ～マージ・ジルマ・ジンガ～ Maryū ni Nore ~Māji Jiruma Jinga~)
- The King of the Majin ~Maagi Giruma Magi Jinga~ (魔人の王様～マージ・ジルマ・マジ・ジンガ～ Majin no Ōsama ~Māji Jiruma Maji Jinga~)
- The Way of Love! ~Maagi Magiiro~ (恋をしようよ～マージ・マジーロ～ Koi o Shiyō yo ~Māji Majīro~)
- The Ruler of Darkness ~Uuza Douza Uru Zanga~ (闇の覇王～ウーザ・ドーザ・ウル・ザンガ～ Yami no Haō ~Ūza Dōza Uru Zanga~)
- Into the Dream ~Jinga Magiiro~ (夢の中へ～ジンガ・マジーロ～ Yume no Naka e ~Jinga Majīro~)
- You're Just the Heroine ~Majuna Majuna~ (君こそヒロイン～マジュナ・マジュナ～ Kimi Koso Hiroin ~Majuna Majuna~)
- Fiery Friendship Fusion ~Giruma Maagi Magi Jinga~ (炎の友情合体～ジルマ・マージ・マジ・ジンガ～ Honō no Yūjō Gattai ~Jiruma Māji Maji Jinga~)
- If the Flower Blooms ~Giruma Magika~ (花が咲いたら～ジルマ・マジカ～ Hana ga Saitara ~Jiruma Majika~)
- Night of the Vampires ~Magiiro Magika~ (吸血鬼の夜～マジーロ・マジカ～ Kyūketsuki no Yoru ~Majīro Majika~)
- The Mark of Determination ~Maagi Giruma Magi Magika~ (決意のしるし～マージ・ジルマ・マジ・マジカ～ Ketsui no Shirushi ~Māji Jiruma Maji Majika~)
- If I Were Mother ~Jinga Majuna~ (お母さんなら～ジンガ・マジュナ～ Okāsan Nara ~Jinga Majuna~)
- Burn, Punch ~Gii Gii Jijiru~ (燃えろパンチ～ジー・ジー・ジジル～ Moero Panchi ~Jī Jī Jijiru~)
- The Bride's Elder Brother ~Giruma Magi Majuna~ (花嫁の兄～ジルマ・マジ・マジュナ～ Hanayome no Ani ~Jiruma Maji Majuna~)
- The Gate's Key ~Uzaara Ugaro~ (門の鍵～ウザーラ・ウガロ～ Mon no Kagi ~Uzāra Ugaro~)
- Tenderness isn't Needed ~Uuza Douza Uru Ugaro~ (優しさはいらない～ウーザ・ドーザ・ウル・ウガロ～ Yasashisa wa Iranai ~Ūza Dōza Uru Ugaro~)
- Uniting Powers ~Maagi Giruma Gii Jinga~ (力を合わせて～マージ・ジルマ・ジー・ジンガ～ Chikara o Awasete ~Māji Jiruma Jī Jinga~)
- The Magic Lamp ~Meeza Zazare~ (魔法のランプ～メーザ・ザザレ～ Mahō no Ranpu ~Mēza Zazare~)
- Kiss Me, Kero ~Goolu Golu Goludiiro~ (キスしてケロ～ゴール・ゴル・ゴルディーロ～ Kisu Shite Kero ~Gōru Goru Gorudīro~)
- Let's Go on the Magic Express ~Goo Goo Goludiiro~ (魔法特急で行こう～ゴー・ゴー・ゴルディーロ～ Mahō Tokkyū de Ikou ~Gō Gō Gorudīro~)
- A Date in Kyoto? ~Luuma Goludo~ (京都でデート？～ルーマ・ゴルド～ Kyōto de Dēto? ~Rūma Gorudo~)
- Forbidden Magic ~Rooji Maneeji Magi Mamaruji~ (禁断の魔法～ロージ・マネージ・マジ・ママルジ～ Kindan no Mahō ~Rōji Menēji Maji Mamaruji~)
- As Your Teacher ~Golu Golu Gojika~ (先生として～ゴル・ゴル・ゴジカ～ Sensei Toshite ~Goru Goru Gojika~)
- Stolen Courage ~Giruma Magi Magiiro~ (盗まれた勇気～ジルマ・マジ・マジーロ～ Nusumareta Yūki ~Jiruma Maji Majīro~)
- Believe!! ~Giruma Gii Magika~ (信じろよ！～ジルマ・ジー・マジカ～ Shinjiro yo! ~Jiruma Jī Majika~)
- Our Bonds ~Magiine Magiine~ (俺たちの絆～マジーネ・マジーネ～ Oretachi no Kizuna ~Majīne Majīne~)
- Eternally… ~Giruma Magi Magi Magiine~ (永遠に…～ジルマ・マジ・マジ・マジーネ～ Eien ni… ~Jiruma Maji Maji Majīne~)
- Repeating "What's That?" ~Gii Magi Magiiro~ (くり返す「あれ？」～ジー・マジ・マジーロ～ Kurikaesu "Are?" ~Jī Maji Majīro~)
- Legendary Power ~Maagi Magi Magi Magiiro~ (伝説の力～マージ・マジ・マジ・マジーロ～ Densetsu no Chikara ~Māji Maji Maji Majīro~)
- The Extraordinary Majin ~Maagi Giruma Golu Jingajin~ (凄まじき魔神～マージ・ジルマ・ゴル・ジンガジン～ Susamajiki Majin ~Māji Jiruma Goru Jingajin~)
- Dad's Words ~Maagi Giruma Golu Gogika~ (父の言葉～マージ・ジルマ・ゴル・ゴジカ～ Chichi no Kotoba ~Māji Jiruma Goru Gojika~)
- Toward the Infershia ~Maagi Golu Magika~ (インフェルシアへ～マージ・ゴル・マジカ～ Inferushia e ~Māji Goru Majika~)
- Bonds of Courage ~Goolu Golu Goludo~ (勇気の絆～ゴール・ゴル・ゴルド～ Yūki no Kizuna ~Gōru Goru Gorudo~)
- Valley of the Gods ~Magi Magi Jijiru~ (神々の谷～マジ・マジ・ジジル～ Kamigami no Tani ~Maji Maji Jijiru~)
- Carrying Out Divine Retribution ~Maagi Golu Gogika~ (神罰執行～マージ・ゴル・ゴジカ～ Shinbatsu Shikkō ~Māji Goru Gojika~)
- Sniping ~Golu Maagi~ (狙い撃ち～ゴル・マージ～ Neraiuchi ~Goru Māji~)
- A Promise With Big Brother ~Goo Magiiro~ (アニキとの約束～ゴー・マジーロ～ Aniki to no Yakusoku ~Gō Majīro~)
- Contrary Brother and Sister ~Majuna Giruma~ (あべこべ姉弟～マジュナ・ジルマ～ Abekobe Kyōdai ~Majuna Jiruma~)
- The Gorgon's Garden ~Magine Luludo~ (蛇女の庭～マジーネ・ルルド～ Hebi-onna no Niwa ~Majīne Rurudo~)
- The Teacher's Teacher ~Goolu Golu Majuulu~ (先生の先生～ゴール・ゴル・マジュール～ Sensei no Sensei ~Gōru Goru Majūru~)
- Confrontation! Two Ultimate Gods ~Goolu Luuma Golu Gonga~ (対決！二極神～ゴール・ルーマ・ゴル・ゴンガ～ Taiketsu! Nikyokushin ~Gōru Rūma Goru Gonga~)
- The Garden of Thorns ~Magi Magi Gogika~ (茨の園～マジ・マジ・ゴジカ～ Ibara no Sono ~Maji Maji Gojika~)
- Mother's Scent ~Giruma Giruma Gonga~ (母さんの匂い～ジルマ・ジルマ・ゴンガ～ Kāsan no Nioi ~Jiruma Jiruma Gonga~)
- Those Two are Friends ~Gii Golu Majuna~ (二人はともだち～ジー・ゴル・マジュナ～ Futari wa Tomodachi ~Jī Goru Majuna~)
- Head to the Lake ~Goolu Golu Golu Goludiiro~ (湖へ向かえ～ゴール・ゴル・ゴル・ゴルディーロ～ Mizūmi e Mukae ~Gōru Goru Goru Gorudīro~)
- Using Magic to Reach You ~Luludo Goludiiro~ (君にかける魔法～ルルド・ゴルディーロ～ Kimi ni Kakeru Mahō ~Rurudo Gorudīro~)
- Decisive Battle ~Magi Majuulu Gogoolu Jingajin~ (決戦～マジ・マジュール・ゴゴール・ジンガジン～ Kessen ~Maji Majūru Gogōru Jingajin~)
- Return to Legends ~Maagi Magi Majendo~ (伝説への帰還～マージ・マジ・マジェンド～ Densetsu e no Kikan ~Māji Maji Majendo~)
Theatrical movie and direct-to-video releases
- Mahou Sentai Magiranger the Movie: Bride of Infershia ~Maagi Magi Giruma Jinga~ (インフェルシアの花嫁 Inferushia no Hanayome)
- Mahou Sentai Magiranger vs. Dekaranger ~Maagi Giruma Deka Magika~
- Mahou Sentai Magiranger: Revealed! The Gold Grip Phone's Super Magic ~Golu Goolu Goo Goo~
- Kai Ozu: Atsushi Hashimoto (橋本 淳 Hashimoto Atsushi)
- Tsubasa Ozu: Hiroya Matsumoto (松本 寛也 Matsumoto Hiroya)
- Urara Ozu: Asami Kai (甲斐 麻美 Kai Asami)
- Houka Ozu: Ayumi Beppu (別府 あゆみ Beppu Ayumi)
- Makito Ozu: Yuki Ito (伊藤 友樹 Itō Yūki)
- Hikaru: Yousuke Ichikawa (市川 洋介 Ichikawa Yōsuke)
- Miyuki Ozu, Goddess of Mini Spring (Special DVD): Azusa Watanabe (渡辺 梓 Watanabe Azusa)
- Isamu Ozu: Tsutomu Isobe (磯部 勉 Isobe Tsutomu)
- Yuka Yamazaki: Kaoru Hirata (平田 薫 Hirata Kaoru)
- Eriko Ikeda: Sayaka Fukuoka (福岡 サヤカ Fukuoka Sayaka)
- Tetsuya: Gen Igarashi (五十嵐 元 Igarashi Gen)
- Nai: Chiaki Horan (ホラン 千秋 Horan Chiaki)
- Mea: Tomomi Kitagami (北神 朋美 Kitagami Tomomi)
- Rin: Meibi Yamanouchi (山内 明日 Yamanouchi Meibi)
- Magiel: Machiko Soga (曽我 町子 Soga Machiko)
- Magi Red: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Magi Yellow: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko)}
- Magi Blue: Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho)
- Magi Pink: Yūki Ono (小野 友紀 Ono Yūki)
- Magi Green, Magi Taurus, Lunagel, Titan: Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi)
- Magi Shine, Branken: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō)
- Smokey: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro)
- Snowgel, Smokey (sub): Naoko Kamio (神尾 直子 Kamio Naoko)
- Wolzard: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki)
- Vancuria: Masaru Ōbayashi (大林 勝 Ōbayashi Masaru)
- Others: Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi), Akihiro Haga (羽賀 亮洋 Haga Akihiro), Takahiro Honma (本間 崇寛 Honma Takahiro), Motoko Nagino (梛野 素子 Nagino Motoko), Kazuhiro Yokoyama (横山 和博 Yokoyama Kazuhiro), Hirokazu Iwakami (岩上 弘数 Iwakami Hirokazu), Akira Sugiwara (杉原 明 Sugiwara Akira), Takaharu Miyazaki (宮崎 高春 Miyazaki Takaharu), Yuji Tanimura (谷村 祐司 Tanimura Yūji)
- Opening theme
- "Mahou Sentai Magiranger" (魔法戦隊マジレンジャー Mahō Sentai Majirenjā)
- Ending theme
- "Jumon Kōrin ~ Magical Force" (呪文降臨～マジカル・フォース Jumon Kōrin ~ Majikaru Fōsu, "The Spell Advent ~ Magical Force")
- ^ Mahō (魔法?) is the Japanese word for "Magic", "Sorcery" and "Witchcraft". In the case of the series' title, "Magical" is a closer translation