From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
|Look up ma in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
MA or Ma may refer to:
In science and technology
- .ma, the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Morocco
- Mach number (Ma), a measure of speed compared to the speed of sound
- Megaannum (Ma), one million (1,000,000) years
- Mechanical advantage (MA), mechanical multiplier of input force
- Mechanical alloying (MA), a technique to produce alloys.
- Medical assistant (MA), a type of health care worker
- Metabolic acidosis (MA) or (MAc), a medical condition in which the pH of body is decreased beyond the normal range.
- Metabolic alkalosis (MA) or (MAl), a medical condition in which the pH of body is elevated beyond the normal range.
- Methyl anthranilate (MA), a bird repellent
- Milliampere (mA) and Mega-ampere or Megampere (MA), multiples of Ampere, a unit of electrical current
- Moving average model (MA(q)), statistics
- MA (complexity), a set of decision problems that can be decided by an Arthur–Merlin protocol
- Martin's axiom, an axiom in mathematical logic
- a type of interface (Ma) in an IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Minor actinides (MA), the actinide elements in used nuclear fuel other than uranium and plutonium
- Ma River, river in Asia, running through Vietnam and Laos
- Madagascar (MA), FIPS 10-4 country code
- Maranhão (BR-MA), part of the ISO 3166-2:BR geocode for the Brazilian state
- Massachusetts (MA), United States postal abbreviation for the state
- Meshwesh (Ma), an ancient Libyan (i.e., Berber) tribe from Cyrenaica
- Metropolitan area (MA), a qualifying term, e.g. "Tokyo MA"
- Morocco (MA), ISO 3166 country code
- Ma, the mythohistoric entrepreneur for whom, tradition holds, Marang, Terengganu was denoted
In myth and culture
- Ma people, a Vietnamese ethnic group
- Ma (Lion King), a main character in the animated film Lion King 1½
- Ma (myth), in Sumerian mythology that from which the "primeval land" was formed
- Ma (goddess), a local name for Cybele and also an independent Greek goddess
- Ma, an Anatolian Goddess
- Middle Ages, a period of European history
- Ma (surname), a common Chinese family name
- "MA15+", an Australian film and video game classification meaning "Not suitable for under 15s"
- Mature audience is a U.S. television rating system category abbreviated as TV-MA
- Memory Alpha (MA), a Star Trek-oriented wiki
- Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (MA), a website devoted to heavy metal bands
- Maria (Mª or Ma.), according to Spanish naming customs
- Massive Attack, a British trip hop band
- Ma (negative space), a word of Japanese origin used in art and design
- Methamphetamine, a psychostimulant
- Mother, "Ma" used as a synonym
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA), a group recovery program aimed at marijuana addiction
- Martial arts (MA), only used in combining forms such as MMA or MCMAP
- Malév Hungarian Airlines (MA), IATA designator of the former airline
- MasterCard, NYSE stock symbol
- Marvellous attack, a term used in StepMania game, it means to get only Marvellous (the highest) rankings for each step
- Motorcycling Australia
- Ma (Rare Earth album), 1973
- Ma (Anjan Dutt album), 1998
- Miss America, a beauty pageant, also the title itself
- Orange Movement (Movimento Arancione), an Italian political party
- Master at Arms (abbreviated MA) an enlisted rating in the US Navy.
- MA (chemotherapy) is an acronym for Mitoxantrone + standard-dose Ara-C (cytarabine) chemotherapy regimen.