|Look up MV, mv, Mv, mV, or .mv in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
MV is an abbreviation used in several contexts.
In science and technology:
- mv, a unix command
- MV, the abbreviation for megavolt, or 1,000,000 volts, a measure of electrical potential
- Mv, the former chemical symbol for Mendelevium
- mV, millivolt: 1/1,000 of a volt, a measure of electrical potential
- mv, abbreviation for momentum in physics
- Mv, Malvidin, an anthocyanidin
- .mv, top level domain country code for the Republic of Maldives
- Minute volume, the volume of air that can be inhaled or exhaled in one minute
- Materialized view, a database object that contains the results of a query
- Mitral valve, a valve in the heart connecting the left atrium and left ventricle
- Music video, a production which combines a piece of music and video clips for artistic purposes.
- Millennium Volunteers, a former UK government initiative
- Market value, the price at which an asset would trade in a competitive auction setting
- Museum Victoria, an organization which operates three major state-owned museums in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- mv is a Unix command that moves one or more files or directories from one place to another.
- MV, Roman numeral expression for 1005
- "Moist Vagina", a song by grunge band Nirvana; often abbreviated MV
- Sir M Visvesvaraya, Indian engineer, and statesman
- Miss Venezuela, beauty pageant for Venezuelan women
- Minnesota Vikings
- Mieterverband, a Swiss tenant organization