From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
MSP may refer to:
In arts and entertainment
In government and politics
- Malabar Special Police, a paramilitary unit of the State Police of Kerala, India; equivalent to a SWAT team in the United States
- Maine State Police, state police agency for the State of Maine, U.S.
- Maryland State Police, state police agency for the State of Maryland, U.S.
- Massachusetts State Police, state police agency for the State of Massachusetts, U.S.
- Michigan State Police, state police agency for the State of Michigan, U.S.
- Minnesota State Patrol, state police agency for the State of Minnesota, U.S.
- Moderate Party (Swedish: Moderata samlingspartiet), a Swedish political party
- Movement of Society for Peace (French: Mouvement de la société pour la paix, Arabic: Harakat Moudjtamaa As-Silm حركة مجتمع السلم, formerly called Hamas حماس), an Algerian political party
- National Salvation Party (Milli Selamet Partisi), Islamist political party in Turkey
Other uses in government and politics
In science and technology
In biology, ecology, and medicine
In computing and information technology
- Managed service provider, a business model for providing information-technology services
- Max/MSP, max signal processing
- Message send protocol, an application-layer computing protocol used to send a short message between networking nodes on a computer network
- Message Submission Program or smmsp in Sendmail e-mail systems
- Microsoft Installer Patch Files, files downloaded from updating applications installed with Microsoft Installer and which have the .msp file extension
- Microsoft Points, the currency used on the Xbox Live and Zune marketplaces
- Microsoft Project, a project-management software program developed and sold by Microsoft
- Microsoft Student Partners, an organization of university students interested in careers in technology and showing a willingness to help others learn about Microsoft technology
- MSP (file format), a pre-bmp picture format readable in the oldest versions of Microsoft Paint
- TI MSP430, a mixed-signal microcontroller family from Texas Instruments
- Mobility Services Platform, a server based software to manage Symbol/Motorola mobile computers
- Mail Service Provider, a mailbox provider
- Managed Service Point, such as a demarcation point or equipment room/location
Other uses in science and technology