"Little Green Bag" is a 1969 song written by Dutch musicians, Jan Visser and George Baker (credited as Hans Bouwens), and recorded by the George Baker Selection at the band's own expense. The 7" single debut of the George Baker Selection was released by the label Negram. The B-side was "Pretty Little Dreamer". In 1970, "Little Green Bag" appeared on the album, Little Green Bag, by the George Baker Selection.
The song reached the number 9 position in the Dutch Top 40, and the number 3 position in Belgium. In the summer of 1970, it reached the number 16 position on the Cash Box magazine chart and 21 in the Billboard Top 100 in the U.S.. In 1992, when the song was used in the film Reservoir Dogs, it became an international cult classic. Also in 1992, the song reached the number 1 position in Japan, after it was used in a Japanese whiskey commercial.
- In 1999, Tom Jones released a cover of the song recorded with the Canadian band Barenaked Ladies on the collaborations album Reload.
- In the 1970s Luigi Albertelli translated the song into Italian, with the title Un passatempo; this version was recorded by Nada (Italian singer). Titled La borsetta verde it was recorded by the group i Punti Cardinali.
- The song is included on the soundtrack of the Quentin Tarantino film Reservoir Dogs and appears in the famous intro scene that leads into the opening credits.
- It is featured in The Simpsons episode "Jazzy and the Pussycats".
- It is featured in the Red Dwarf episode "Back in the Red Part 2".
- It is featured in the Freaks and Geeks episode "Chokin' and Tokin'".
- It is featured in the Psych episode "Last Night Gus'".
- It is featured on the soundtrack of the Belgian arthouse short film Snorstok.
- It is featured on the RTÉ Two TV show Monday Night Soccer before the introduction of that week's show's analysts.
- It is featured in the international teaser trailer for the film Despicable Me.
- It is featured in the Coupling episode "Sex, Death and Nudity" which parodies the Reservoir Dogs scene where the men in the main cast are wearing similar black suits on the way to a funeral.
- It is featured in a television commercial for Heineken beer.
- It was used to promote a Chilean soap opera called Machos by Canal 13 in 2003.
- It was used in an Australian television commercial for Toyota motor vehicles in 2005.
- It was used in an episode of BBC Top Gear (2002 TV series) when James May exhibits the Maserati Bora during Episode 3 of Series 6 which originally aired on 12/6/2005.
- An audio clip of "Little Green Bag" accompanied a SNL Weekend Update sketch May 7, 2011. It was played with White House footage of President Obama walking toward the podium May 1 to announce the death of Osama bin Laden.
- It was used in the Capcom video game "Under The Skin"
- It is featured in the Good Vibes episode "Floatopia".
- It was used in a television commercial for Scruffs Hardwear.
- In 2012 it was used by the Nine television Network in Australia to advertise their comedy drama House Husbands.