|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) |
This is a list of social nudity places in Asia for recreation. Includes free beaches (or clothing-optional beaches or nude beaches) and some resorts.
Sanya, Hainan Island, Dadonghai Beach, north end: free Beach. This is reportedly China's only naturist site and quite public and touristy, every day some 500 Chinese and a few Euro nudists congregate here (as observed in Feb 2012). Naked children cavort all over this and all other Sanya beaches.
Some public hot spring baths in Japan allow mixed gender nudity, particularly those in rural locations and where permitted by prefectural law. Related Japanese terms include:
Nude Japanese man in public bath.
- konyoku - mixed gender bath
- sentō - a type of public bath, but gender separated
Japan doesn't officially allow nudity in any public areas other than baths, although there are nudist groups that gather in designated places in Japan. Most groups only allow couples and single women, due to the overpopulation of single men.
Hong Kong does not officially allow nude or topless bathing, and most local bathers are quite conservative in their beach dress (e.g. many women wear T-shirts over swimsuits). Nevertheless, remoter parts of Hong Kong's extensive coastline do offer opportunities for nudity:
- At least one naturist organization in the territory arranges weekend boat trips to the remoter parts of Sai Kung Country Park in the New Territories.
- Unofficial nudist beaches reportedly exist on Lantau Island; Tai Long Wan beach on the Chi Ma Wan Peninsula is sometimes used by naturists.
- Historically, nudists gathered at Sha Tin in the 1930s and Wok Tai Wan on Tsing Yi Island, from the late 1930s to the 1950s.
- Power Station Beach on Lamma Island is reported to be used for nude night swimming at times.
- Some report that South Bay Beach - near Repulse Bay - is used frequently by groups of expatriate women nude sunbathing [unconfirmed]. South Bay and neighbouring Middle Bay see occasional topless use by women.
Among the Hindu religious sects, only the sect known as Nanga sadhu can be seen nude. These Sadhus usually wear a loin-cloth around their waist, but not always. They usually remain in their Akhara or deep forest or isolation and come out in public only once every four years during Kumbh Mela. The Naga sadhus are prominent at Kumbha mela, may not wear any clothes even in severe winter.
- Bali is a province in Indonesia where topless beaches are found. Although it is not legal at all, these beaches are found along the entire coastline of Kuta, Legian, and Seminyak. Completely naked people are forbidden, although can be found in private beaches behind rented villas.
- More info for Kuta area there is a place called Laki Uma Villa, for men only and a clothing optional theme is provided.
- There is also a place called Bali au Naturél, a private naturist in Bali.
- Neve Midbar Beach  by the Dead Sea, one of the best nudist places in Israel, is located on the shore of the Dead Sea. During good, not too hot weather, especially on Saturdays, many nudists gather in this beach to celebrate life. To get to the nude beach, one should enter the reception gate. Turning right with the road, 500 m (547 yd) from the entry after the hill is the nude beach.
Twice a year, in June and September there is a naturist festival in Israel, it is mostly young festival with a lot of parties, music, spiritual lessons and more. This event takes place not far from Eilat on road number 40, at a place called "Desert Ashram".
Freedom beach Boracay island is nude beach can only be reached by boat
,Chan Nudists Resorts swimming pool ,28 Dec.2011.
- Thailand has a growing Naturist/Nudist Organization (1270 members as of March, 2013), there is information on resorts, beaches, cruises, monthly meetings and much more. Thailand Naturist  is the organization which was founded in 2007 and has grown ever since.
- There are clothing optional resorts, Chan Resort  is one resort, and beaches that local nudists frequent, as well as regularly scheduled monthly meetings. Chan Resort is a member resort of Naturist Association Thailand.
- More recently, more resorts are being designated as clothing-optional or nudist resorts. The resorts are in Chiang Mai and South of Hua Hin.
- Those who love to do hiking in nude, note that this may be possible at Khao Yai National Park. Nudists are able to stay overnight at a naturist-friendly resort near the Park or camp-out in the jungle.dy
Naturist Association Thailand is the governing body of naturism in Thailand. www.ThailandNaturist.com it is free be a member and have access to all the naturist information about and meet other naturists.
Nudist wearing his birthday suit to celebrate his birthday in one of the Malaysia Island,video taken in May 2012
Indoor nudists experienced his virgin outdoor nudism in Mt.Cheras, Kuala Lumpur,pic taken in Sept 2012
- Outdoor nudism in Malaysia is illegal. However most are closet and in-door nudists.
- Malaysian nudists are conservative.
- Nudists are mostly located in Kuala Lumpur (KL).
- There are 2 clothing-optional friendly resorts,one in Hulu Langat and the other one is in Gombak,KL.
- Some nude hiking events to Mt Cheras have been organised by Albert Yam. He assisted shy nudists to move out to appreciate and relax in the natural outdoor environment.
- Malaysia has many beautiful and quiet places. The islands and waterfalls are the more popular places for discreet nudists.
- A Malaysia Nudism Website was set up in 2010, the objective has been to bring all the Malaysian nudists together.
- updated info as at 13/11/2012
- Public nudity in Singapore is illegal. Laws and rules are very strict and fines are punitive.
- Singapore nudists are very conservative and closeted.
- Fort Road beach as an unofficial nude beach went down in history and was well-known to nudists around the world. In 2008, it gave way to development of an underground express way and Garden City by the Bay.
- A Yahoo! group SgNudClub was formed in MM/YY to get Singapore nudists together.
- Albert Yam, moderator of SgNudClub, organised indoor nude events such as yoga, partner yoga, pot-luck dinner, nude birthday parties, and nude coffee chats for local nudists and visitors.
- Nude partner-yoga is the most popular indoor event. Albert also organised nude night-walks in the past, nude runs and outdoor photography for seasoned nudists. Albert also contributed inputs to University students in social study (nudism) as their final examination subject.
One of the best place for naturists in Zhiben Hot Spring,pic taken in Oct 2012
Naturists worship the nature and admires the beautiful sunset at Taidong Beach,pic 28/10/2012
One of the beautiful places where the naturist gather in Taidong, pic taken in Oct 2012
- Taiwan has quite a number of beautiful secluded bungalow resorts.
- Most of them are at the hillside as 70% of the land is surrounded by hills.The most popular naturist friendly bungalow resort in Dulan in Taitung,owned by Fengge who is a naturist too.
- The language used in Taiwan is Chinese. English is not widely used so oversea people hardly know nudism actually is growing fast here.
- Although nudity is illegal in Taiwan, it is growing fast.
- Compare to other Asian countries, Taiwanese ladies are more open to nudity.
- Sources: Taiwan Naturists Association, 2012 info
- Nude forest bath is a well known traditional legalised nudism for well-being in Korea, where nudists are allow to walk through the trees in the park naked. Famous legal place: Jangheung county in South Jeolla Province, South Korea.
- In Korea, public baths (Jjimjilbang) are also widespread and communal nude bathing is normal, although nudity is not permitted in unisex areas.
- Korea Government(Jeju) reviewed their opening of his first nude beaches ie Jungmun Beach and Hamdeok Beach in Jeju Island.
- Public nudity is believed to be illegal in North Korea, although the Taedong River has attracted many groups of nudists, including both locals and tourists. Naked children and adults are commonly seen swimming naked in the river in the early morning.
- As with South Korea, public baths are common and nudity is often prevalent.
- ^ Neve Midbar Beach
- ^ http://www.naturistholiday.info/Philippines/703/Malapacao_Island_Retreat_and_Healing_Spa.aspx
- ^ http://www.naturistholiday.info/Philippines/702/China_Sea_Island.aspx
- ^ Thailand Naturist
- ^ Chan Resort