This is a selected list of freeware video games implemented as traditional executable files that must be downloaded and installed. Freeware games are games that are released as freeware and can be downloaded and played, free of charge, for an unlimited amount of time.
This list does not include:
- Ferrari Virtual Race is a Ferrari-licensed racing game.
- flOw is an ambient Flash game.
- Future Pinball is a pinball simulation editor and game with many tables available.
- Flight Gear flight simulator with many aircraft available
- Plasma Pong is a Pong game in which the ball is manipulated by a fluid dynamics environment. It is currently in development hell after the website became defunct.
- Play65 is an online multi-player backgammon game featuring 3D graphics and community modules.
- Plobb! is a fast single player 2D arcade shooter, and as a multidirectional shooter shares the gameplay of Asteroids. It features a distinctive game design.
- Progress Quest is a parody of Everquest and the MMORPG genre, focuses on pure character building with no interaction involved.
- Yume Nikki is an "exploration" adventure game themed around dreams and nightmares with basic pixel graphics.