This is a list of notable authors of erotic literature.
A - F
G - N
- Georges Bataille -- author of Story of the Eye
- Gena Showalter -- author of The Darkest Night
- Giovanni Boccaccio -- Italian author contemporary and friend of Petrarch; wrote Decameron a collection of 100 short stories, some of which are erotic, considered masterpieces of the genre.
- Günter Grass -- author of The Tin Drum and Cat and Mouse
- Henry Miller -- author of Tropic of Cancer
- Jess C Scott -- author of Wicked Lovely, 4:Play, and Primal Scream
- John Cleland -- author of Fanny Hill
- John Preston -- author of Mr.Benson
- John Updike -- author of Licks Of Love
- Jun'ichirō Tanizaki -- author of The Key, Naomi, and Quicksand
- Kate Noble -- author of Follow My Lead
- Kathi S. Barton -- author contemporary of Penny Jordan; writer of the bestselling "Force of Nature" series and "Brock Golden Streak"
- Kathy Acker -- postmodern pornographer, author of I Dreamt I Was A Nymphomaniac
- Kenzaburo Oe -- author of Seventeen, J, and A Personal Matter
- Kresley Cole -- author of A Hunger Like No Other
- Kris Cook -- author of Three To Play
- Laura Antoniou -- author of The Marketplace
- Leopold von Sacher-Masoch -- author of Venus in Furs
- Marco Vassi -- author of "The Erotic Comedies", "Devil's Sperm Is Cold", and "The Stoned Apocalypse"
- Marilyn Jaye Lewis -- author of Neptune and Surf and Lust: Bisexual Erotica
- Mario Vargas Llosa -- author of The Notebooks of Don Rigoberto
- Mark Twain -- author of 1601
- the Marquis de Sade -- author of Justine, or the Misfortunes of Virtue
- Maxim Jakubowski -- editor of the Mammoth Erotica series and a major erotica writer in his own right
- Melissa P. -- author of 100 Strokes of the Brush Before Bed
- Mitzi Szereto -- author of Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts and editor of many anthologies including Red Velvet and Absinthe and Thrones of Desire among others.
- Nicholson Baker -- author of Vox, The Fermata, and House of Holes
- Nicolas Chorier -- author of L'académie des dames
O - Z
- Emmanuelle Arsan, author of Emmanuelle
- Vanessa Duriès, author of Le lien
- Nancy Friday, author of My Secret Garden
- "Walter," author of My Secret Life
- Frank Harris, author of multiple-volume memoir My Life and Loves
- Shawna Kenney, author of I Was a Teenage Dominatrix
- Catherine Millet, author of The Sexual Life of Catherine M.
- Georges Simenon
- Xaviera Hollander, author of The Happy Hooker
- Elaine Shuel, author of How I Became A Phone Sex Operator - My True Story
- Zak Smith, author of We Did Porn: Memoir and Drawings
- Belle de Jour, author of The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl and The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl