This is a list of airports in Puerto Rico (a U.S. Commonwealth), grouped by type and sorted by location. It contains all public-use and military airports in the state. Some private-use and former airports may be included where notable, such as airports that were previously public-use, those with commercial enplanements recorded by the FAA or airports assigned an IATA airport code.
This list contains the following information:
- City served - The city generally associated with the airport, as per the airport's master record with the Federal Aviation Administration. This is not always the actual location since some airports are located in smaller towns outside of the city they serve.
- Airport name - The official airport name. Those shown in bold indicate the airport has scheduled service on commercial airlines.
- P: Commercial Service - Primary are publicly owned airports that receive scheduled passenger service and have more than 10,000 passenger boardings (enplanements) each year. Each primary airport is sub-classified by the FAA as one of the following four "hub" types:
- L: Large Hub that accounts for at least 1% of total U.S. passenger enplanements.
- M: Medium Hub that accounts for between 0.25% and 1% of total U.S. passenger enplanements.
- S: Small Hub that accounts for between 0.05% and 0.25% of total U.S. passenger enplanements.
- N: Non-Hub that accounts for less than 0.05% of total U.S. passenger enplanements, but more than 10,000 annual enplanements.
- CS: Commercial Service - Non-Primary are publicly owned airports that receive scheduled passenger service and have at least 2,500 passenger boardings each year.
- R: Reliever airports are designated by the FAA to relieve congestion at a large commercial service airport and to provide more general aviation access to the overall community.
- GA: General Aviation airports are the largest single group of airports in the U.S. airport system.
- Enpl. - The number of enplanements (commercial passenger boardings) that occurred at the airport in calendar year 2008, as per FAA records.
|Commercial Service - Primary Airports|
|Aguadilla||BQN||BQN||TJBQ||Rafael Hernández International Airport||P-N||240,270|
|Ponce||PSE||PSE||TJPS||Mercedita International Airport||P-N||110,159|
|San Juan / Carolina||SJU||SJU||TJSJ||Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport||P-M||4,635,798|
|San Juan / Miramar||SIG||SIG||TJIG||Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci Airport (Isla Grande Airport)||P-N [nb 1]||13,837|
|Vieques||VQS||VQS||TJVQ||Antonio Rivera Rodríguez Airport||P-N||21,517|
|Commercial Service - Non-Primary Airports|
|Mayagüez||MAZ||MAZ||TJMZ||Eugenio María de Hostos Airport||CS||4,636|
|General Aviation Airports|
|Arecibo||ABO||ARE||TJAB||Antonio (Nery) Juarbe Pol Airport||GA|
|Ceiba||RVR||TJRV||José Aponte de la Torre Airport (opened Nov. 2008)||GA [nb 2]|
|Culebra||CPX||CPX||TJCP||Benjamín Rivera Noriega Airport||GA|
|Fajardo||X95||FAJ||TJFA||Diego Jiménez Torres Airport||GA|
|Other Public-Use Airports (not categorized in NPIAS 2009)|
|Notable Private-Use Airports|
|Boquerón, Cabo Rojo||PR10||Boquerón Airport|
|Boquerón, Cabo Rojo||PR24||Cullingford Field|
|Mona, Mayagüez||Mona Airport|
|San Juan||PR34||San Juan Seaplane Base|
|Notable Former Airports|
|Aguadilla|TJFF |Ramey Air Force Base (closed 1971, now Rafael Hernández Airport)|
|Ceiba|NRR NRR TJNR |Roosevelt Roads Naval Station (closed 2004, now José Aponte de la Torre Airport)|
|Dorado|DDP |Dorado Airport (Dorado Beach Airport)|
- ^ Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci Airport is listed as a commercial service - non-primary airport in the 2009-2013 NPIAS, but is a commercial service - primary facility based on yearly enplanements in 2007 and 2008.
- ^ José Aponte de la Torre Airport was not included in the 2009-2013 NPIAS, but is a general aviation airport as per its FAA master record.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA):
Other sites used as a reference when compiling and updating this list: