|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (January 2011) |
The following is a non-exhaustive list of Category III films produced in Hong Kong. According to the Hong Kong motion picture rating system introduced in 1988, the restriction applicable to Category III films is thus defined: "No persons younger than 18 years of age are permitted to rent, purchase, or watch this film in the cinema." This applies to films produced in Hong Kong or elsewhere.
The Category III rating is applicable to films produced anywhere. The list below contains only Category III films produced in Hong Kong.
Films released before 1988 were rated retroactively when the rating system was introduced.
1988 - 1999 films
This period is generally considered as the one when most Category III Hong Kong exploitation films were produced.
2000 and after
- 3 Extremes II (2002). The film contains 3 segments: from South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong
- 3D Sex and Zen: Extreme Ecstasy (2011). First 3D erotic film.
- A Very Short Life (2009)
- Ab-normal Beauty (2004)
- Besieged City (2008)
- Dog Bite Dog (2006)
- Election (2005). Won the Best Film award at the 25th Hong Kong Film Awards.
- Election 2 (2006)
- Emmanuelle in Hong Kong (2003)
- Exiled (2006), directed by Johnnie To. One scene shows Simon Yam's character shaking hands with another gangster with their left hands turned around, making a triads agreement handshake. The scene is present on the Mega-Star uncut Limited Edition DVD. However, only the Category IIB cut version was released in Hong Kong theatrically.
- Fatal Move (2008)
- Fu Bo (2003)
- Gong Tau: An Oriental Black Magic (2007)
- The Heavenly Kings (2006)
- Hong Kong Bronx (2008)
- Human Pork Chop (2001), based on the 1999 Hello Kitty murder
- Love in a Puff (2010), directed by Pang Ho-cheung. Mainly due to the positive portraying of smoking as a central theme of the film.
- Lust, Caution (2007)
- Mad Detective (2007), directed by Johnnie To and Wai Ka-Fai
- Naked Poison (2000)
- Night Corridor (2003)
- Prostitute Killers (2000)
- Revenge: A Love Story (2010)
- Runaway Pistol (2002)
- Sexy Soccer (2003)
- Shinjuku Incident (2009)
- Spacked Out (2000)
- SPL: Sha Po Lang (2005)
- The Peeping (2002)
- The Unbelievable (2009)
- There is a Secret in my Soup (2001), based on the 1999 Hello Kitty murder
- Three... Extremes (2004)
- Whispers and Moans (2007), directed by Herman Yau