This is a list of characters in the Harry Potter series. They are all fictional characters who have appeared in a Harry Potter-related book by J. K. Rowling.
Characters alphabetical by surname and name
- Bathsheda Babbling – Ancient Runes teacher at Hogwarts
- Ludo Bagman – Quidditch Beater for the Wimbourne Wasps and Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports within the Ministry of Magic
- Bathilda Bagshot – Author of A History of Magic, great aunt of Gellert Grindelwald.
- Katie Bell – Gryffindor student one year above Harry Potter; Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. In her seventh year, she was cursed by a magic necklace.
- Cuthbert Binns – Ghost, History of Magic professor
- Regulus Arcturus Black – Son of Orion and Walburga Black, brother of Sirius Black, Slytherin Quidditch Seeker, reformed Death Eater, took Salazar Slytherin's locket intending to destroy it.
- Sirius Black – Son of Orion and Walburga Black, brother of Regulus Arcturus Black, godfather of Harry Potter, Gryffindor student at Hogwarts, Animagus, Marauder, disowned for running away from home to live with the Potter family, member of the Order of the Phoenix, killed by his cousin Bellatrix Lestrange
- Amelia Bones – Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, aunt of Susan Bones
- Susan Bones – Hufflepuff student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army
- Lavender Brown – Gryffindor student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army, briefly Ron Weasley's girlfriend, mauled by Fenrir Greyback in the Battle of Hogwarts
- Millicent Bulstrode – Slytherin student in Harry's year, member of Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad
- Charity Burbage – Professor of Muggle Studies at Hogwarts during Harry's time at school, killed by Lord Voldemort in Deathly Hallows
- Frank Bryce – Muggle gardener for the Riddle family, murdered by Lord Voldemort
- Alecto Carrow – Sister of Amycus Carrow, Death Eater and professor of Muggle Studies for one year, Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts under Severus Snape
- Amycus Carrow – Brother of Alecto Carrow, Death Eater and professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts for one year, even though he changed it to just "Dark Arts", Deputy Headmaster of Hogwarts under Severus Snape
- Reginald Cattermole – Employee of the Magical Maintenance Department for the Ministry of Magic, impersonated by Ron Weasley
- Mary Cattermole – Muggle-born daughter of Muggle greengrocers, wife of Reginald Cattermole, saved by Harry Potter from the Muggle-born Registration Commission.
- Cho Chang – Ravenclaw student one year above Harry, Quidditch Seeker, member of Dumbledore's Army, and Harry's first love interest
- Michael Corner – Ravenclaw student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army, Ginny Weasley and Cho Chang's boyfriend
- Vincent Crabbe, Sr. – Death Eater, father of Vincent Crabbe
- Vincent Crabbe – Slytherin student in Harry's year, son of Death Eater, Slytherin Quidditch team Beater, member of the Inquisitorial Squad, killed in the Room of Requirement after using an uncontrolable fiendfyre curse
- Colin Creevey – Muggle-born Gryffindor student one year below Harry, brother of Dennis Creevey, member of Dumbledore's Army, killed during the Battle of Hogwarts, after sneaking away from the younger evacuated students in the seventh book
- Dennis Creevey – Muggle-born Gryffindor student three years below Harry, brother of Colin Creevey, member of Dumbledore's Army
- Dirk Cresswell – Muggle-born Head of the Goblin Liaison Office, went on the run in Deathly Hallows with fellow muggle-born Ted Tonks, Dean Thomas and goblins Gornick and Griphook, killed by snatchers along with Ted and Gornick
- Bartemius "Barty" Crouch, Sr. – Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, killed by his son Barty Crouch Jr
- Bartemius "Barty" Crouch, Jr. – Death Eater, credited with facilitating the return of Lord Voldemort, received a Dementor's Kiss
- Fleur Delacour – Student who participated in the Triwizard Tournament representing Beauxbatons, later wed Bill Weasley
- Gabrielle Delacour - Younger sister of Fleur Delacour.
- Dilys Derwent – St. Mungo's Healer and previous Headmistress of Hogwarts
- Amos Diggory – Works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, father of Cedric Diggory
- Cedric Diggory – Hufflepuff student three years above Harry, school prefect, Quidditch Seeker and captain, co-winner of the Triwizard Tournament, killed by Peter Pettigrew on Voldemort's orders.
- Antonin Dolohov – Death Eater, killed Fabian Prewett, Gideon Prewett, and Remus Lupin, defeated by Filius Flitwick
- Aberforth Dumbledore – Son of Percival and Kendra Dumbledore, brother of Albus and Ariana Dumbledore, owner of the Hog's Head
- Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore – Hogwarts Headmaster in Harry Potter's time, Transfiguration professor in Tom Riddle's time, founder of the Order of the Phoenix, killed by Severus Snape.
- Ariana Dumbledore – Sister of Aberforth and Albus Dumbledore, killed accidentally in childhood
- Dudley Dursley – Muggle son of Vernon Dursley and Petunia Evans, first cousin of Harry Potter, husband of Mrs. Dursley, father of several children
- Marjorie "Marge" Dursley – Muggle sister of Vernon Dursley, aunt of Dudley Dursley, great-aunt of Dudley's children
- Petunia Dursley (née Evans) – Muggle daughter of Mr and Mrs Evans, sister of Lily Evans, wife of Vernon Dursley, mother of Dudley Dursley, aunt of Harry Potter, mother-in-law of Mrs. Dursley, grandmother of Dudley's children, great-aunt of James Sirius, Albus Severus and Lily Luna Potter
- Vernon Dursley – Muggle son of Mr and Mrs Dursley, brother of Marge Dursley, husband of Petunia Evans, father of Dudley Dursley, uncle of Harry Potter, father-in-law of Mrs Dursley, grandfather of Dudley's children, great-uncle of James Sirius, Albus Severus and Lily Luna Potter
- Marietta Edgecombe – Ravenclaw student one year above Harry, traitor to Dumbledore's Army
- Everard – Former Headmaster of Hogwarts, a particularly famous wizard, whose portrait hangs in many institutions, including the Ministry
- Arabella Doreen Figg – Squib neighbour of the Dursleys', member of the Order of the Phoenix.
- Argus Filch – Squib caretaker of Hogwarts
- Justin Finch-Fletchley – Muggle-born Hufflepuff student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army.
- Seamus Finnigan – Son of Mr and Mrs Finnigan, Irish Gryffindor student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army, attends the Yule Ball with Lavender Brown.
- Nicolas Flamel – Husband of Perenelle Flamel, alchemist, the only known creator of the Philosopher's stone. A fictionalised version of Nicolas Flamel, the mediaeval scrivener and alchemist.
- Mundungus Fletcher – Sneak thief and member of the Order of the Phoenix
- Filius Flitwick – Charms professor at Hogwarts and Head of Ravenclaw
- Cornelius Oswald Fudge – Minister for Magic
- Marvolo Gaunt – Pure-blood father of Merope and Morfin Gaunt, grandfather of Tom Marvolo Riddle, descendant of Salazar Slytherin and Cadmus Peverell
- Merope Gaunt – Daughter of Marvolo Gaunt, sister of Morfin Gaunt, wife of Tom Riddle Sr, mother of Tom Marvolo Riddle/Lord Voldemort, died during childbirth, named for Merope, one of the Pleiades, who married a mortal
- Goyle Sr – Death Eater, father of Gregory Goyle
- Gregory Goyle – Son of Goyle, Slytherin student in Harry's year, Slytherin Quidditch Beater, member of the Inquisitorial Squad, dies in Part 2 of the final movie by accidentally falling into fire
- Hermione Granger – Muggle-born Gryffindor student in Harry's year,one of Harry's best friends, member of Dumbledore's Army, Gryffindor prefect, daughter of dentists Mr. Granger and Mrs. Granger
- Astoria Greengrass - Younger sister to Daphne, Slytherin student, marries Draco Malfoy, mother to Scorpius Malfoy
- Daphne Greengrass - Older sister to Astoria, Slytherin student in Harry's year
- Gregorovitch – European wand maker, killed by Lord Voldemort
- Fenrir Greyback – Werewolf, infected Remus Lupin, maimed Bill Weasley, killed Lavender Brown, defeated by Ron Weasley and Neville Longbottom
- Gellert Grindelwald – Dark Wizard, friend, and later rival, of Albus Dumbledore, nephew of Bathilda Bagshot, owner of the Elder Wand, student at Durmstrang, killed by Lord Voldemort
- Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank – Substitute Care of Magical Creatures professor during Harry's fourth year
- Godric Gryffindor – Co-founder of Hogwarts
- Rubeus Hagrid – Son of Hagrid and Fridwulfa, expelled Gryffindor student, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts, Care of Magical Creatures professor after Harry's third year, member of the Order of the Phoenix, half-giant, half brother of Grawp
- Rolanda Hooch – Hogwarts flying instructor, Quidditch referee
- Helga Hufflepuff – Co-founder of Hogwarts, ancestor of Hepzibah Smith
- Angelina Johnson – Gryffindor student two years above Harry, Quidditch Chaser and captain, attended Yule Ball with Fred Weasley, wife of George Weasley and mother of Fred and Roxanne Weasley
- Lee Jordan – Gryffindor student two years above Harry, Hogwarts Quidditch commentator, good friend of Fred and George Weasley at Hogwarts
- Bellatrix Lestrange (née Black) – Death Eater, sister of Narcissa Malfoy and Andromeda Tonks, cousin of Sirius and Regulus Black, she tortured Frank and Alice Longbottom into insanity with husband Rodolphus, killed Sirius Black, Nymphadora Tonks, and Dobby. Killed by Molly Weasley.
- Rabastan Lestrange – Death Eater, brother of Rodolphus Lestrange
- Rodolphus Lestrange – Death Eater, brother of Rabastan Lestrange, husband of Bellatrix Lestrange, uncle of Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks) and Draco Malfoy, tortured Frank and Alice Longbottom into insanity with wife Bellatrix
- Gilderoy Lockhart – Fraudulent author, Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, lost memory because of a backfiring memory spell he attempted with Ron's broken wand on Harry and Ron, permanently resides at St. Mungo's
- Alice Longbottom – Wife of Frank Longbottom, mother of Neville Longbottom, member of the original Order of the Phoenix, Auror, tortured into insanity by Bellatrix Lestrange along with her husband
- Augusta Longbottom – Mother of Frank Longbottom and grandmother of Neville Longbottom
- Frank Longbottom – Father of Neville Longbottom, son of Augusta Longbottom, husband of Alice Longbottom, member of the original Order of the Phoenix, Auror, tortured into insanity by Bellatrix Lestrange along with his wife.
- Neville Longbottom – Gryffindor student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army, son of Aurors Frank and Alice Longbottom, husband of Hannah Abbott
- Luna Lovegood – Ravenclaw student one year below Harry, member of Dumbledore's Army, daughter of Xenophilius Lovegood
- Xenophilius Lovegood – Husband/widower of Mrs Lovegood, father of Luna Lovegood, and editor of The Quibbler
- Remus John Lupin – Gryffindor student before Harry's time, Marauder, friend of James Potter, werewolf, Professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts in Harry's third year, member of the Order of the Phoenix, husband of Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks) and father of Teddy Remus Lupin, killed in the Deathly Hallows by Antonin Dolohov
- Teddy Remus Lupin – Son of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks), metamorphmagus, godson of Harry Potter
- Draco Malfoy – Slytherin student in Harry's year, Slytherin Quidditch Seeker, school prefect, member of the Inquisitorial Squad, son of Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Black, husband of Astoria Malfoy née Greengrass, father of Scorpius Malfoy, cousin of Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks), reformed Death Eater.
- Lucius Malfoy – Son of Abraxas Malfoy and unnamed lady, husband of Narcissa Black, father of Draco Malfoy, grandfather of Scorpius Malfoy, uncle of Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks), wealthy reformed Death Eater and an ex-governor of Hogwarts
- Narcissa Malfoy (née Black) – Daughter of Cygnus Black III and Druella Rosier, wife of Lucius Malfoy, mother of Draco Malfoy, grandmother of Scorpius Malfoy, sister of Bellatrix Lestrange and Andromeda Tonks, cousin of Sirius Orion and Regulus Arcturus Black, aunt of Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks)
- Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy – Son of Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass, grandson of Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Black, second cousin of Teddy Remus Lupin
- Olympe Maxime – Half-giantess, Headmistress of Beauxbatons
- Ernie Macmillan – Hufflepuff student in Harry's year, school prefect, member of Dumbledore's Army
- Minerva McGonagall – Daughter of Reverend Robert McGonagall Sr. and Isobel Ross, sister of Malcolm and Robert McGonagall Jr., brief fiancée of Dougal McGregor, widow of Elphinstone Urquart, Hogwarts Transfiguration professor, Head of Gryffindor House, Headmistress, Deputy Headmistress under Albus Dumbledore, member of the Order of the Phoenix, Animagus, Ministry of Magic employee in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, member of Gryffindor Quidditch team
- Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody – Retired Auror, member of the Order of the Phoenix, Defence Against the Dark Arts professor in Goblet of Fire (though he was impersonated by Barty Crouch Jr), killed by Lord Voldemort in the Battle of the Seven Potters
- Theodore Nott - Slytherin student in the same year as Harry Potter. One of only four students (the others being Neville, Harry, and Luna)who could see Thestrals during a Care of Magical Creatures lesson during Harry's 5th year at Hogwarts, suggesting that Nott had witnessed a death at some point prior to the lesson.
- Garrick Ollivander – Son of Gervaise Ollivander, father of one son and one daughter, Ravenclaw student in the 1920s or 1930s, wandmaker, owner of Ollivanders, he is taken away by the Death Eaters, but is broken out of his cell by Dobby and Harry Potter.
- Pansy Parkinson – Slytherin student in Harry's year, school prefect, member of the Inquisitorial Squad, Draco Malfoy's girlfriend for some time
- Padma Patil – Ravenclaw student in Harry's year, identical twin sister of Gryffindor student Parvati Patil, member of Dumbledore's Army, attends the Yule Ball with Ron Weasley
- Parvati Patil – Gryffindor student in Harry's year, identical twin sister of Ravenclaw student Padma Patil, member of Dumbledore's Army, attends the Yule Ball with Harry Potter
- Peter Pettigrew - Former school friend of James Potter, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Betrayed James and Lily Potter. An unregistered animagus, Pettigrew is introduced first as a rat known as Scabbers.
- Irma Pince – Hogwarts librarian
- Sturgis Podmore – Member of the Order of the Phoenix, imprisoned in Azkaban
- Poppy Pomfrey – Hogwarts school nurse
- Harry Potter – Main character of the series. Son of James Potter and Lily Evans.
- James Potter Harry Potter's father, killed by Lord Voldemort before the saga begins.
- Lily Potter Harry Potter's mother, killed by Lord Voldemort before the saga begins.
- Quirinus Quirrell – Defence Against the Dark Arts professor in Harry's first year, possessed by Lord Voldemort in Philosopher's Stone
- Helena Ravenclaw/The Grey Lady – Daughter of Rowena Ravenclaw, stole her mother's diadem and hid it, killed by the Bloody Baron and became Ravenclaw's house ghost.
- Rowena Ravenclaw – Co-founder of Hogwarts, mother of Helena Ravenclaw
- Mary Riddle – Muggle wife of Thomas Riddle, mother of Tom Riddle Sr, mother-in-law of Merope Gaunt, killed by her grandson Tom Marvolo Riddle/Lord Voldemort.
- Thomas Riddle – Muggle husband of Mary Riddle, father of Tom Riddle Sr, killed by his grandson Tom Marvolo Riddle/Lord Voldemort.
- Tom Riddle Sr – Muggle husband of Merope Gaunt, son of Thomas and Mary Riddle, killed by his son Tom Marvolo Riddle/Lord Voldemort.
- Tom Marvolo Riddle: see Lord Voldemort
- Augustus Rookwood – Death Eater, spy working in the Department of Mysteries
- Madam Rosmerta – Proprietor of the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade
- Scabior – Snatcher who captures Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger in Deathly Hallows, Slytherin student at Hogwarts
- Newton Artemis Fido "Newt" Scamander – Author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, among other books, grandfather of Rolf Scamander, Hufflepuff student at Hogwarts, Headmaster of Hogwarts
- Rufus Scrimgeour – Head of the Auror Office, replaces Cornelius Fudge as Minister for Magic, killed, presumably by Death Eaters, in The Deathly Hallows
- Kingsley Shacklebolt – Auror, replaces Pius Thicknesse as Minister for Magic, member of the Order of the Phoenix
- Stanley "Stan" Shunpike – Conductor of the Knight Bus, Death Eater (possibly under Imperius Curse)
- Rita Skeeter – Reporter for the Daily Prophet, author of The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, Animagus
- Horace Slughorn – Former Potions professor at Hogwarts and Head of Slytherin House, taught Tom Marvolo Riddle, fights against the Death Eaters
- Salazar Slytherin – Co-founder of Hogwarts, Parselmouth, ancestor of the Gaunt family and Lord Voldemort
- Hepzibah Smith – Elderly, wealthy antique collector, descendant of Helga Hufflepuff, murdered and robbed by Tom Marvolo Riddle
- Zacharias Smith – Hufflepuff student, member of Dumbledore's Army, deserted before the Battle of Hogwarts
- Severus Snape – Son of Tobias Snape and Eileen Prince, "Half-Blood Prince", reformed Death Eater, member of the Order of the Phoenix, Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, Head of Slytherin House, Hogwarts Headmaster, killed Dumbledore in the sixth book, killed in the seventh book by Nagini
- Pomona Sprout – Hogwarts Herbology professor, Head of Hufflepuff House
- Pius Thicknesse – Minister for Magic while under the Imperius Curse, later replaced by Kingsley Shacklebolt in the book, killed by Lord Voldemort in Part 2 of the final movie
- Dean Thomas – Gryffindor student in Harry's year, member of Dumbledore's Army, briefly Ginny Weasley's boyfriend, Gryffindor Quidditch Chaser.
- Andromeda Tonks (née Black) – Daughter of Cygnus Black III and Druella Rosier, disowned for marrying Muggle-born Ted Tonks, sister of Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcissa Malfoy, mother of Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks), grandmother of Teddy Remus Lupin, cousin of Sirius Orion and Regulus Arcturus Black, aunt of Draco Malfoy
- Nymphadora Tonks - Daughter of Ted Tonks and Andromeda Black, disowned by the Black family for being half-blood, Auror, metamorphmagus, wife of Remus Lupin, mother of Teddy Remus Lupin, cousin of Draco Malfoy, killed by her aunt Bellatrix during the Battle of Hogwarts
- Ted Tonks – Muggle-born husband of Andromeda Black, father of Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks), grandfather of Teddy Remus Lupin, uncle of Draco Malfoy, killed by Death Eaters
- Sybill Patricia Trelawney – Great-great granddaughter of Cassandra Trelawney, Hogwarts Divination professor, made the prophecy that prompted Lord Voldemort to go after the Potters
- Dolores Jane Umbridge – Senior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic, Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, Hogwarts High Inquisitor, Headmistress of Hogwarts, eventually sent to Azkaban for crimes against Muggle-borns, claims relation to the pure-blood Selwyn family
- Arthur Weasley – Ministry of Magic employee at the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office, husband of Molly Weasley, father of Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny Weasley, member of the Order of the Phoenix
- Bill Weasley – Oldest son of Arthur and Molly Weasley, Gringott employee, husband of Fleur Delacour
- Charlie Weasley – Second son of Arthur and Molly Weasley, formerly Gryffindor Quidditch Seeker and school prefect, member of the Order of the Phoenix, works with dragons in Romania
- Fred Weasley – Son of Arthur and Molly Weasley and identical twin brother of George Weasley, member of Dumbledore's Army, Gryffindor Quidditch Beater, co-owner of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, killed during the battle of Hogwarts
- George Weasley – second youngest Son of Arthur and Molly Weasley and identical twin brother of Fred Weasley, Gryffindor Quidditch Beater, co-owner of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
- Ginny Weasley – Only daughter and youngest child of Arthur and Molly Weasley, Gryffindor student one year under Harry, Gryffindor Quidditch Seeker and Chaser, member of Dumbledore's Army,
- Molly Weasley (née Prewett) – Wife of Arthur Weasley, mother of Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny Weasley, member of the Order of the Phoenix.
- Percy Weasley – Third son of Arthur and Molly Weasley, Gryffindor prefect and Head Boy, Ministry of Magic employee, long estranged from his family before joining them against the Death Eaters in Deathly Hallows,
- Ron Weasley – Harry's close friend, youngest Son of Arthur and Molly Weasley, Gryffindor Quidditch Keeper, school prefect, member of Dumbledore's Army.
- Oliver Wood – Hogwarts student, Gryffindor Quidditch Keeper and captain, Keeper for Puddlemere United.
- Yaxley – Death Eater, defeated by George Weasley and Lee Jordan
Characters with no or unknown surname
- Aragog – Acromantula belonging to Rubeus Hagrid, lives in the Forbidden Forest, dies in Half-Blood Prince
- Beedle the Bard – Author of several Wizarding fairy tales, including The Tale of the Three Brothers
- The Bloody Baron – Slytherin House ghost, suitor and killer of Helena Ravenclaw, killed himself in remorse
- Buckbeak (a.k.a. Witherwings) – Hippogriff belonging at various times to Rubeus Hagrid, Sirius Black, and Harry Potter
- Sir Cadogan – Armoured knight occupying a painting in Hogwarts
- Crookshanks – Half-cat/half-kneazle belonging to Hermione Granger
- Dobby the house elf – House-elf belonged to the Malfoy family, set free by Lucius Malfoy (due to Harry's intervention) in Chamber of Secrets. Killed by Bellatrix Lestrange saving Harry Potter's life.
- Errol – Owl belonging to the Weasley family
- Fang – Boarhound belonging to Rubeus Hagrid
- The Fat Friar – Hufflepuff House ghost
- The Fat Lady – Witch in the painting that conceals the entrance to the Gryffindor common room
- Fawkes – Phoenix belonging to Albus Dumbledore, saved Harry Potter from Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets
- Firenze – Centaur, professor of Divination at Hogwarts
- Fluffy – Three-headed dog belonging to Rubeus Hagrid, protector of the philosopher's stone
- Grawp – Giant, half-brother of Rubeus Hagrid, son of Fridwulfa
- Griphook – Goblin, works at Gringotts Bank, killed by Lord Voldemort
- Hedwig – Owl belonging to Harry Potter, killed by a killing curse that missed Harry
- Hermes – Owl belonging to Percy Weasley
- Herpo the Foul – Ancient Greek wizard, Parselmouth, creator of the Basilisk, and the first Horcrux
- Hokey – House-elf belonging to Hepzibah Smith
- Kreacher – House-elf belonging to the Black family, and later Harry Potter. Though at first preferring to serve the pureblood line (including Regulus Black, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Draco Malfoy), he eventually likes serving under Harry as he treats him better, giving him Regulus' locket as a gift.
- Moaning Myrtle – Muggle-born Ravenclaw student during Tom Marvolo Riddle's time at Hogwarts, killed by the Basilisk in a girl's bathroom, which she continued to haunt
- Mrs Norris – Cat belonging to Argus Filch
- Great Aunt Muriel – Great aunt of the Weasley children
- Peeves – Hogwarts poltergeist who fears the Bloody Baron. Has taken orders from only one student in his life, Fred Weasley.
- Pigwidgeon "Pig" – Scops Owl belonging to Ron Weasley
- Trevor – Toad belonging to Neville Longbottom
- Winky - A female house elf who originally belonged to Bartemius Crouch Sr., but was sacked by him when evidence appeared that she had used magic at The Quidditch World Cup.
Other references can be found within the articles themselves.