Lakewood School District, officially known as Lakewood School District 306, is a school district that serves the communities of Lake Goodwin, North Lakewood, Smokey Point, and Warm Beach in northern Snohomish County, Washington in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. It consists of five schools, three of which are elementary schools and two are middle and high schools, respectively. The district was established in 1914 as consolidation of three earlier school districts in the region that were established as early as 1891. The majority of district facilities, including the main office, are located on a campus located south of Washington State Route 531 in North Lakewood. There are bus transportation services offered to schools part of the district in its 22.5-square-mile (58 km2) area, in addition to a family access program.
Lakewood School District 306 was formed in 1914 by consolidating three smaller school districts formed between 1891 and 1909. School District 45, the oldest and largest district in the area, was formed on February 28, 1891 and served 40 students at English. School District 65 was formed on November 12, 1892 and served 30 students in the Lake Goodwin area. School District 102, the newest and smallest district in the area, was formed on September 25, 1909 and served 20 students in Smokey Point. The new district served 70 students from grades one to eleven in a three-story schoolhouse and sent its high school students to the nearby Arlington School District beginning in 1958. The schoolhouse was demolished in 1958 and students were moved to a new campus consisting of two wings and eight classrooms, later expanded to include a gymnasium and eleven classrooms by 1966. The campus was renovated into Lakewood Elementary School while older students were moved to an adjacent junior high school, now Lakewood Middle School, in 1972. The school district built its first high school, now Lakewood High School in 1983 and graduated its first senior class the following year. The school district re-organized its schools in 1988, converting Lakewood Elementary into Lakewood Primary School, serving grades K–3, and converting the junior high school into Lakewood Intermediate School, serving grades 4–6. A bond issue was passed in 1992 to fund the construction of English Crossing Elementary School, opened in 1995 serving grades 3–5. The primary school was renamed back to Lakewood Elementary and served grades K–2, while the intermediate school was converted back to Lakewood Middle School after an extensive remodeling, serving grades 6–8.Cougar Creek Elementary School was completed in 2003 to supplement the two other elementary schools by serving grades K–5. All three elementary schools were re-organized in 2011 to serve grades K–5 in all three schools, with Lakewood Elementary retaining its preschool program.
There is a 20.75 student-teacher ratio, and the district uses over $27 million to help maintain its schools. Lakewood's superintendent is Dr. Dennis Haddock, who was promoted from being assistant superintendent under Larry Francois for three years before July 1, 2008. It covers an area of 22.5 square miles (58.27 km2), with a population of people related to the district being 13,926 at the 2010 United States Census, encompassing parts of Arlington, Lake Goodwin, Marysville, North Lakewood, Smokey Point, and Warm Beach. There is a population of 658.2 inhabitants per square mile (254.13/km2) and a 29.5 percent diversity index, ranking fifth out of fourteen school districts in Snohomish County for diversity. The main office of the school district, used by the superintendent, is located at 17110 16th Drive Northeast in North Lakewood, part of the city of Marysville, south of Washington State Route 531.