Kęty[ˈkɛntɨ] is a town in Oświęcim County, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland with 18,955 inhabitants (2012). The town located in Silesian Foothills dates its earliest document from 1277 when Polish prince of Opole Władysław confirmed sale of the settlement and adoption of Lviv city rights. The town's name comes from the word kąt (Polish for corner). The greatest development of the town came under the rule of Jagiellons, when the town became royal property.
The son of the major of the town of Kenty, Stanislaus Bacenga and his wife Anna became the SaintJohn Cantius, also known as John (Johann) of Kraków.