|Born||September 1987 (age 25)|
North Ogden, Utah
|Education||Le Cordon Bleu – Hollywood|
Kelsey Nixon is a chef who hosts the Cooking Channel series, Kelsey’s Essentials, which premiered November 6, 2010. She was one of the final 4 contestants in season 4 of The Next Food Network Star on the Food Network.
Personal and professional life
Kelsey Nixon created her own cooking show, Kelsey’s Kitchen, while she was still in college, eventually hosting and producing 100 episodes over 2 years. After graduating from Brigham Young University with a degree in Broadcast Journalism, she gained a professional culinary arts degree at Le Cordon Bleu – Hollywood, and received additional training at the French Culinary Institute. She also interned at Martha Stewart Living and The Food Network series, Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. Nixon gave birth to a son, Oliver on June 24, 2012.
Nixon was voted "fan fav" and finished in fourth place in Season 4 of The Next Food Network Star.
Kelsey's Essentials premiered on November 6, 2010, on the Cooking Channel, a sister network of Food Network.
- ^ Kelsey's Essentials with Kelsey Nixon cookingchanneltv.com, (Accessed November 6, 2010)
- ^ Kelsey Nixon buddytv.com, (Accessed November 6, 2010)
- ^ Kelsey Nixon cookingchanneltv.com, (Accessed November 6, 2010)
- ^ Kelsey's Kitchen kelseyskitchen.com (accessed November 6, 2010)
- ^ Kathy Stephenson Utah's Kelsey Nixon Gets Her Own Cooking Show Salt Lake Tribune sltrib.com, (Accessed November 6, 2010)
- ^ Kelsey's Kitchen - About KelseysKitchen.com (Accessed November 6, 2010)