From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Jip may refer to:
- a sheep, in the constructed language Volapük
- Mister Jip, a fictional character belonging to the Marvel Comics Universe
- Jip and Janneke, a series of children's books written by Annie M.G. Schmidt
- Thomas Jipping, Vice-President for Legal Policy and Director of the Center for Law & Democracy at the Free Congress Foundation
- A common misspelling of the term gyp -- an act of theft via trickery
- Join In Progress (JIP): In broadcast engineering, to suspend the current program and cut to or merge in another programming stream, for example, to cover a special event or breaking news.
- The Chinese surname for "叶" (Yip is also the Chinese surname for "叶")
- Kapi Jip, a 1950s microcar styled like a miniature Jeep
- A dog's name popular in nineteenth century England, for instance, Jip in Charles Dickens' novel David Copperfield and Jip in the Dr. Dolittle books by Hugh Lofting
- Joint (Aviation) Implementation Procedures, implementation procedures for the civil aviation authorities of the member states of the Joint Aviation Authorities and now EASA.