Jelle is a male given name, mostly used formally, however it is sometimes also used as a female name.
The origin of the name lies in Friesland, although the name is quite commonly used throughout the Netherlands and Flanders. The name comes from the Dutch word "geld", meaning "money", "value", "payment", "revenge", or "festival of sacrifice". In the southern Netherlands, Jelle is also an abbreviation for Willem.
- Jelle De Beule (male, born 1981), comedian part of the cabaret ensemble Neveneffecten.
- Jelle de Bock (male, born 1988), Belgian football defender.
- Jelle Taeke de Boer (male, 1908–1970), Dutch art collector.
- Jelle Goes (male, born 1970), Dutch football manager.
- Jelle Klaasen (male, born 1984), Dutch darts player.
- Jelle Nijdam (male, born 1963), Dutch cyclist.
- Jelle ten Rouwelaar (male, born 1980), Dutch football player.
- Jelle Van Dael (female, born 1990), Belgian singer.
- Jelle Van Damme (male, born 1983), Belgian football player.
- Jelle van Tongeren (male, born 1980), Dutch violinist.
- Jelle Vanendert (male, born 1985), Belgian cyclist.
- Jelle Vossen (male, born 1989), Belgian football player.
- Jelle Zijlstra (male, 1918–2001), Dutch politician and Prime Minister.