|Jeffrey C. Chandor|
|Notable work(s)||Margin Call|
Jeffrey C. "J.C." Chandor is an American writer/director, best known as the director of the film Margin Call released in 2011. He graduated in 1996 from the College of Wooster. For the fifteen years of his career leading up to Margin Call, Chandor directed commercials.
Margin Call was the first feature-length film from Chandor. The film premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. The film also played In Competition at the 61st Berlin International Film Festival and was nominated for the Golden Bear. On January 24, 2012, Chandor was nominated for an Academy Award for Margin Call in the Best Original Screenplay Category.
- ^ Fleming, Mike (September 13, 2010). "'Margin Call' Director J.C. Chandor Snags Big Warner Bros Writing Gig From DiCaprio". Deadline New York. http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/margin-call-director-jc-chandor-gets-big-warner-bros-writing-gig/. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- ^ Dash, Eric (June 22, 2010). "Citi Goes Hollywood for Spacey and Crew". The New York Times. http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/citi-goes-hollywood-for-spacey-and-crew/. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- ^ "Filmmaker J.C. Chandor on His 15-Year Journey to Make Margin Call", S.T. VanAirsdale, movieline, october 17, 2011
- ^ "The Competition of the 61st Berlinale". Berlinale. http://www.berlinale.de/en/presse/pressemitteilungen/alle/Alle-Detail_8532.html. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- ^ "Spacey, Moore and 3D in focus at Berlin film fest". Yahoo News. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110118/ennew_afp/entertainmentgermanyfilmfestival. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- ^ "84th Academy Awards Nominees". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). January 24, 2012. http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/84/nominees.html. Retrieved January 24, 2012.