From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Hutschenreuther is the name of the family that established the production of porcelain in Northern Bavaria, starting in 1814.
The company was founded in 1814 by Carolus Magnus Hutschenreuther (1794-1845) in Hohenberg an der Eger, Bavaria, Germany. He had previously worked at the Wallendorf porcelain manufactory in Lichte (Wallendorf). After his death in 1845, the factory was headed by his widow, Johanna Hutschenreuther, and her two sons. From 1860, they produced hand-painted gilded porcelains. A large part of the factory was destroyed by a fire in 1848, but it was rebuilt.
In 1857 Lorenz Hutschenreuther, the son of C.M. Hutschenreuther, established a porcelain factory in Selb. They expanded from 1902 to 1969 and were renamed Porzellanfabriken Lorenz Hutschenreuther AG Selb (Lorenz Hutschenreuther Porcelain Factories Company, Selb). Hutschenreuther acquired the following other porcelain manufacturers:
In 1969, Porzellanfabriken Lorenz Hutschenreuther AG Selb merged with C. M. Hutschenreuther of Hohenberg.
|This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2009)|