From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - View original article
Hunt Petroleum Corporation was an oil and gas exploration and production company formed in 1950. The company was originally called Petrol Production Co. and was later renamed Hunt Petroleum Corporation. The company was a Delaware corporation owned 52.84% by the Margaret Hunt Trust Estate and 47.16% by the Haroldson L. Hunt, Jr. Trust Estate. The primary beneficiaries of these two trusts are the two eldest children of the late H. L. Hunt and Lyda Bunker Hunt. Hunt Petroleum Corporation had no common ownership and was not affiliated with any of the following entities: Hunt Oil Company; Petro-Hunt, LLC; Hunt Exploration; Unity Hunt; Hunt Properties; or Rosewood Resources.