|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2006)|
Halethorpe is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. It is near the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. The community is bordered by Arbutus to the north, Baltimore, Maryland to the east, Elkridge to the west, and Linthicum to the south.
Halethorpe is home to the Engine 5 Fire House, located on the corner of Washington Blvd and Halethorpe Farms Road.
There is a large Alcoa aluminum extrusion plant in Halethorpe that previously was part of Kaiser Aluminum.
Halethorpe has one public school, Halethorpe Elementary. Halethorpe has one catholic school, Ascension School. Halethorpe has one non-denominational school, Lamb of God School.
Looking north at a train departing from Halethorpe Station
The Halethorpe community is served by the no. 77 bus line operated by the Maryland Transit Administration.
a stop on the MARC Penn Line on Southwestern Boulevard serves the Halethorpe-Arbutus community. The Maryland Transit Administration and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County provide bus service to the station.
Fair of the Iron Horse (1927)
Halethorpe was the site of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's 1927 centenary celebration, the Fair of the Iron Horse.
- ^ Cowan, Katherine. "Fair of the Iron Horse". Prints and photographs collection. Maryland Historical Society. Retrieved 13 December 2011.